I got it off my chest at last

Just because this statement is set down and not in response to the post itself, I've been itching to address this in terms of Amazon and other online book retailers as well as to Literotica and other sites.

Yes, these services tend to state strict submission guidance that they then slide off of in terms of practice. They do this for self-protection from watchdogs and the moral vigilantes. It's duplicitous, yes, but it's working in the favor of authors. Not all of what you produce will get published by these folks working under these guidelines, but they'll let some of it through if only because they don't have the staffing to read and absorb it all before deciding to publish it--but also because they only have the publicly declared guidance to keep some folks off their backs. That's reality. But it's a reality working in the favor of the writer--so I think the writer should think three times before getting straightlaced about a publishing service strictly following the guidelines it publicly announces. If Literotica is publishing something that you don't think fits the guidelines and that twists your knickers--just read something else.
Difference is Amazon is selling e-books and because of who they are will kowtow to morality groups and pressure.

Literotica is a free story site and even the rules it has have nothing to do with legality, just preference.

Being there's not a lot of rules I see no issue with them enforcing them consistently rather than your rape story is fine, that rape story is not, your reference to a 14 year old car is underage, but a story where an 11 year old is sexually assaulted is fine.

The people here, including the OP, who think the sites behavior is funny won't think so when it's their story. What will be funny is when that happens people reminding them of how they thought everyone else's issues were funny.

You gotta love/hate this site. It's like Marmite. It's like me.
And I *have* been here for 22 years, and I *have* suffered everyone of the issues mentioned in my missive to Laurel, that people here love to moan about. I don't moan. I rant, then move on.

I think there's more than a few that feel that way once they hit the forums and get a look at what goes on. People who just blissfully publish their stories are probably fine with everything, until they have an issue and can't get a response. There's so many people posting stories here that the site doesn't notice some leaving, it would take an actual Lit-exit and a lot of big names for that. Until that happens nothing will change, and even then after so many years, maybe they'd just ride it until it dies.

And I *have* been here for 22 years, and I *have* suffered everyone of the issues mentioned in my missive to Laurel, that people here love to moan about. I don't moan. I rant, then move on.
I am not sure what you expected when you wrote your story. I mean, your humor is objectively quite good, it's just that your satire is so one-sided. Satire has always been a way of criticizing and mocking society, people, religion, and most of all, those in power. And that is precisely what's lacking in your story. You decided to focus the sharp edge of your pen on authors only, who are objectively at the bottom of the food chain on Literotica, thus avoiding readers and their own madness, but most of all, you neglected to satirize those in power - Laurel and Manu. So yeah, don't be so surprised that you didn't receive a glowing review from everybody.
Now, if you always intended a trilogy and only started from the bottom, I will be more than happy to shower you with praise after part three.

I've been posting stories, and in these forums since 2002, and in all that time, I've rarely lost my temper. I've had offensive comments, vindictive 1-bombs, stories I worked on really hard getting rejected for some petty reason, or get put into the wrong category.

I've waited weeks for some of them to get out of "pending" status.

Over the years i've corresponded with Laurel, always remaining calm and courtious, flattering her about how hard she must have to work, etc. etc.

But this week I finally snapped and wrote her a long PM. I didn't threaten to leave the site. I'm not that petulant. But I basically let her know how frustrated I am, in no uncertain terms.

I found that what I wrote was too long for a PM, so instead I posted it as a "story", with "notes to the admin" not to publish, but at least read it.

She clearly didn't, because, yes, you've guessed it, it got published today -- in "Letters and Transcripts" of all places.

I think it voices the gripes of a number of people here, so if you want to read what I wrote, the "story" is here:

AND the formatting got fucked up.

https://literotica.com/s/a-timely-letter-to-the-site-owner.

I've asked her to remove it. We'll see how long THAT takes.
Sorry not sorry, but this had me cackling.

I learned fairly early on that threatening to leave the site has no effect at Literotica. There was a time when the two leading (by the most favorited list) writers here were being mercilessly harassed by a couple of posters (including the legendary Scouries) and they threatened to leave if the site didn't do in their harassers. Crickets from the site and the two prolific and popular authors left the site. The harassers went on to do even worse without being banned. One would think that, from a business promotional aspect, some effort would be made to retain the premier performers, but I learned early that that isn't done here.
I would think it was evident, no site cares if one member leaves.PageUnlike.jpgClosest meme I had...

That letter to Laurel and the various posts on the thread are a lot to digest. I have to go out for a couple of hours, and I will get back to you. Anyway, I'm amazed at the low scores you are reporting. Even the well-known Samuel X, famous for his huge output (the most stories of any Lit writer) and his generally mediocre scores, does better than that.

In the six years here, I haven't had much trouble with stories pending for a long time (except for edits). I think I had maybe two rejections, and two times when the category was changed.

I'll ponder more on the AI and underage issues. For the moment:

1. How old are you again? If you were born in 1928, that would make you 96 right now. So you said you wrote a story in that year? Or did you mean 1982?

2. I'll have to take your word on it, but whatever programming you did in 2002 was not AI as we know it. Even what we call AI know is not truly AI as I would define it.

That letter to Laurel and the various posts on the thread are a lot to digest. I have to go out for a couple of hours, and I will get back to you. Anyway, I'm amazed at the low scores you are reporting. Even the well-known Samuel X, famous for his huge output (the most stories of any Lit writer) and his generally mediocre scores, does better than that.

In the six years here, I haven't had much trouble with stories pending for a long time (except for edits). I think I had maybe two rejections, and two times when the category was changed.

I'll ponder more on the AI and underage issues. For the moment:

1. How old are you again? If you were born in 1928, that would make you 96 right now. So you said you wrote a story in that year? Or did you mean 1982?

2. I'll have to take your word on it, but whatever programming you did in 2002 was not AI as we know it. Even what we call AI know is not truly AI as I would define it.
Gunhill, he's taking the piss. It's satire, sort of. Good satire is usually a bit more subtle; this is a bit sledge-hammery, but there you have it.

Gunhill, he's taking the piss. It's satire, sort of. Good satire is usually a bit more subtle; this is a bit sledge-hammery, but there you have it.
I fell victim to my tendency to take people at face value. Also, I didn't have time to yesterday to look at his profile, which would have made it clear what he was doing. My first impression was that he really was some old guy having a few delusions.

1928 in Mombasa was pretty good, however. He would have been more subtle by saying 1958, perhaps.

The Mackinnon Market, Mombasa

Yeah, which is why the number of people getting fooled by what I wrote is kind of depressing.
As I wrote above, you could have fooled them all if you had made it a bit more believable.

Also, I didn't have time to read the thread. Some people fell for it, others got it immediately.

Last edited:
It's an honor to be killed by ChloeTzang. I didn't make her list that time.
Don't worry, I'm sure she'll get to the next generation of cannon fodder.

She asked permission of course and I told her she could do whatever she wanted to me as long as I didn't die by some lame vampire. I think when she killed me off she wrote me saying "at least its not a vampire."

I was amused by your submission. I know many here agree with some of your grievances. I’ve had minor run-ins with mods. I’m learning to navigate the system.

I believe last month’s 750 word challenge slowed down the submission process. I was complaining in author notes before I realized that was likely the cause, many more stories than usual.

I also found it amusing the mods actually approved your submission when you suspected they’d reject it. That was a power move.

Don't worry, I'm sure she'll get to the next generation of cannon fodder.

She asked permission of course and I told her she could do whatever she wanted to me as long as I didn't die by some lame vampire. I think when she killed me off she wrote me saying "at least its not a vampire."
She can kill me off by having me fall under a subway train. But I'll be upset if she has me jump.

It may be too late by the time someone reaches the platform.

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/2J3NP7G/c...on-mental-health-care-concept-ima-2J3NP7G.jpg

It's an honor to be killed by ChloeTzang. I didn't make her list that time.

Have no fear - I do intend to write another monster hunting story, set in Australia, with a giant demon crocodile from the Dreamtime - plenty of room for horrific deaths and you're all invited! And I shall resurrect Lovecraft and Voboy so they can die even more horrifically!

I think it's obvious by now the site owners don't give af about the authors or Litsters in general. If you think about it, it's what's going on across corporate America, across all industries. Lit was great for a while for authors, then the publishing industry decided they wanted their 90% cut.

Last edited:
Merely mention it and I shall write you in LOL
Thank you. I still want to be run over by a Melbourne tram, although they also have them again in Sydney. There's no need to ask electricblue about them; Wikipedia will tell you what you need to know. ;)

Merely mention it and I shall write you in LOL
Do we get to choose our death???
Since the age of 10, I've been having the same dream of how I die.
My therapist says it means "change is ahead".
I keep telling her, "well the damn change needs to happen already, so I can stop this damn dreaming" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back