Story length?

Paddleboardpnw

Wanderer
I got a little carried away on 2 stories. In process of editing Part one, part 2 I’m still in process of writing, and it also is a long one!
I can’t promise either will be any good, time will tell!

I wrote part one on my phone and iPads notes at that time I didn’t have a home computer. When I loaded it onto the computer I realized it was 29 pages long! 👀
Should I try and break that down. Or just finish editing it and post it as I wrote it to be as one full story?
Hope you all are having a great week!

Long stories are nothing unusual. My two longest are nearly 20k words, and that's peanuts compared with many.

In fact, there's a vocal segment of the readership (and the writership) who specifically *want* long stories.

I got a little carried away on 2 stories. In process of editing Part one, part 2 I’m still in process of writing, and it also is a long one!

I wrote part one on my phone and iPads notes at that time I didn’t have a home computer. When I loaded it onto the computer I realized it was 29 pages long! 👀
Should I try and break that down. Or just finish editing it and post it as I wrote it to be as one full story?

Rule of Thumb: A story page on Lit would be somewhere around 3,500 words or 22,000 characters. If you write that in a word processor at font size 11, that would be around ten pages. So your 29 pages would fall into the range of 3 Lit pages.

That's pretty standard and not considered long. Like, at all.

Rule of Thumb: A story page on Lit would be somewhere around 3,500 words or 22,000 characters. If you write that in a word processor at font size 11, that would be around ten pages. So your 29 pages would fall into the range of 3 Lit pages.

That's pretty standard and not considered long. Like, at all.
This.

People write 100k word stories here. Hell even I wrote a 61k word trilogy.

You’re fine.

Emily

What they all say ^^^^^^

The longest single story I've seen here (taken down and published in the marketplace) was 80 Lit pages, something like 300,000 words.

By comparison, your pieces are footnotes. Don't worry about it.

one of mine went to 27 pages... i didn't want to break it up, so put it in Novels and Novellas, figuring people expect long stuff.

good luck

Back