Wondering about times of ‘pending’?

Anton25

Really Really Experienced
What is your record of your longest ‘pending’ story and your shortest time to publish? Has it been the case that your story was in ‘pending’ and did not enter a challenge/ competition on time? Reason being that I have a story under pending.. the deadline is today. I don’t have anything to worry about? Appreciate your answer authors:) And have a good Sunday

Last edited:
Usually my stories get approved the same evening, published the following morning. Longest is an extra day for approval, but that's if I submit them late in the evening, or on a Saturday.

(I hope I haven't just jinxed my Halloween contest entry.)

What is your record of your longest ‘pending’ story and your shortest time to publish? Has it been the case that your story was in ‘pending’ and did not enter a challenge/ competition on time? Reason being that I have a story under pending.. the deadline is today. I don’t have anything to worry about? Appreciate your answer authors:) And have a good Sunday

I honestly haven’t kept track of all this. It usually takes me three days to a week. I assume length, issues where I skirt the rules, and Laurel’s current mood is a factor. I can’t say more because I’m not an admin of the site and wish to keep their methods vague.

I don’t enter competitions here.

I think my longest was one of my first when I submitted then made changes, which put it farther down in the queue. It was 10 days for that one.

Normally, it's 1-3 days. I've had some that were processed in several hours, but the post date was a day or two later. It's kind of random.

My longest was 8 days, somewhat recently. I think there was a big contest or theme event concurrent (my story was not participating), so I just waited it out without bugging Laurel. The one since then was the shortest, maybe 24 hours from submission to "NEW".

I've learned not to tread close to the gray line that gets stories kicked, so that rep may be helping my cause.

This story in pending was sent back after two days. It was sentback because I had made too many changes! They said that it is more difficult for them to read again.. I haven’t read anywhere that you should just change what they recommend? Anyway my story has been in pending for I think 3-4 days now

Mine has been 3-7 days.
And usually because I am impatient and stop editing halfway through and send it in.
I know why I get rejected and why it takes extra time. If I did everthing the right way I figure it would go faster.
But my brain is not always my best friend.

Mine has been 3-7 days.
And usually because I am impatient and stop editing halfway through and send it in.
I know why I get rejected and why it takes extra time. If I did everthing the right way I figure it would go faster.
But my brain is not always my best friend.
Join the club:)

Longest in Pending: 3 days. Almost always takes just 2 days between submitting and publishing. Knock on wood, I’ve grown so confident in this that if I want a story to come out on a Wednesday, I’ll submit it on Monday by noon and so far, except once, this has always happened. I had a Halloween 2023 story sent back recently because it wasn’t a stand-alone story (my error), resubmitted it taking it out of the contest, and in 2 days it was published. Laurel gets 5 stars from me in this regard.

Sigh..another question..if I edit a pending story...does that story go back in the queue for stories to be approved? Anyone know?

A couple of mine got kicked back last month. I combined several chapters to show a fuller context (they had concerns about a fetish one character had) and that submission eventually got approved... about 16 days later. It was about 20k words. But usually my chapters are around 3k to 5k and take 1-3 days.

Sigh..another question..if I edit a pending story...does that story go back in the queue for stories to be approved? Anyone know?

Yes it does. Says so in the warning message about editing something pending.

A couple of mine got kicked back last month. I combined several chapters to show a fuller context (they had concerns about a fetish one character had) and that submission eventually got approved... about 16 days later. It was about 20k words. But usually my chapters are around 3k to 5k and take 1-3 days.
Mine is just 5 k

Is anyone else experiencing longer than normal pending times? It has been a week already. Normally it only takes a couple of days for me
Yes, over a week in Pending now when usually it’s only 2-3 days. Maybe it’s because of the Winter Holiday contest finishing up.

Let us know how that goes. I rather not bother her but I am curious about the long wait times.

I just wrote this in another thread:

Every year around this time someone asks this question, and the answer's always the same. It's normal; yes, you're impatient; yes, it might have got lost, but more likely, the queue is longer than normal.

For me, it's usually 2 - 3 days, but I've seen up to a week.

Back