Why do we like being submissive?

My take

I’ll preface this by saying, I’m a dominant. And this is less about the feel than it is about the why, at least in my opinion.

So how can a strong woman give control over herself, her life, her sexuality, to me or any man? What kind of woman allows anyone to control her? How can she willingly give away her own hard won power to choose? Aren't we all taught to seize control, decide our own destiny, steer our own course whenever we can? So where does submission fit into that?

This will seem random so bear with me.

I hate to fly. I absolutely detest it. I squirm in my seat and fuss and complain the whole flight. During takeoff and landing, I white knuckle the arm rests. I would much rather drive for seven hours than fly for one. The idea of trusting the pilots is beyond me and I can't let go of my need for control. I just can't. It terrifies me.

The difference between me and a hypothetical submissive has nothing to do with being self possessed or fiesty or strong or anything else...it is exactly this: she CAN let go. She can sit down, buckle her belt and just...place her trust in another to see her safely through to the other side.

It's an act of strength and trust that's beautiful to behold and even more so to be a part of.

Because making someone happy feels like holding a baby chinchilla or feeding a Glaceon in Pokémon Sword so they get that cute red heart over their head.

Well said, thank you :)

I’ll preface this by saying, I’m a dominant. And this is less about the feel than it is about the why, at least in my opinion.

So how can a strong woman give control over herself, her life, her sexuality, to me or any man? What kind of woman allows anyone to control her? How can she willingly give away her own hard won power to choose? Aren't we all taught to seize control, decide our own destiny, steer our own course whenever we can? So where does submission fit into that?

This will seem random so bear with me.

I hate to fly. I absolutely detest it. I squirm in my seat and fuss and complain the whole flight. During takeoff and landing, I white knuckle the arm rests. I would much rather drive for seven hours than fly for one. The idea of trusting the pilots is beyond me and I can't let go of my need for control. I just can't. It terrifies me.

The difference between me and a hypothetical submissive has nothing to do with being self possessed or fiesty or strong or anything else...it is exactly this: she CAN let go. She can sit down, buckle her belt and just...place her trust in another to see her safely through to the other side.

It's an act of strength and trust that's beautiful to behold and even more so to be a part of.

I LOVE being a submissive because I'm the polar opposite in my "normal" life. It gives me a sense of balance!

I LOVE being a submissive because I'm the polar opposite in my "normal" life. It gives me a sense of balance!

YES! I feel like in my day to day, I am looked at and expected to be someone who is always in control and has her shit together. Being submissive gives me the opportunity to relax and I love the way I feel when I get to be submissive. The best way to describe it is slowly sinking into a pool on a hot day.

Because it allows me to do what I really want to do without bearing any of the responsibility. I can always say "He made me do it. It's not my fault" I must obey him and do whatever he orders me to do. And, by the way, I can offer you a great deal on this bridge in Brooklyn!

I never been a submissive before, but I do get excited anytime I read an erotica story or see photos online. I'll never know the excitement it brings people, I never experienced it, but it does seem to take over my mind to the point where I can barely think straight anymore. Thats how much it excites me. Maybe one day I'll fully experience it.

I never been a submissive before, but I do get excited anytime I read an erotica story or see photos online. I'll never know the excitement it brings people, I never experienced it, but it does seem to take over my mind to the point where I can barely think straight anymore. Thats how much it excites me. Maybe one day I'll fully experience it.

Welcome to Lit! I hope your search gets fulfilled... :rose:

Back