What brings you joy?

Theres glimps of things that brings me joy and moments I treasure very dearly. Sort of a beautiful fantasy you could say, but thats it I am afraid.

I am happy when I see everybody around me happy. My kids, my mum etc, but as for "me" and how I feel? Theres always something missing, so I could say I am TRULY happy.

Being touched, held and loved at the same time brings me joy. BUT the last time I really felt THAT was when I was 15yo or so, and even then it wasn't even true LMAO! sooooo..... So yes, don't ask me about joy or happiness, not unless you wanna see me cry.

Theres glimps of things that brings me joy and moments I treasure very dearly. Sort of a beautiful fantasy you could say, but thats it I am afraid.

I am happy when I see everybody around me happy. My kids, my mum etc, but as for "me" and how I feel? Theres always something missing, so I could say I am TRULY happy.

Being touched, held and loved at the same time brings me joy. BUT the last time I really felt THAT was when I was 15yo or so, and even then it wasn't even true LMAO! sooooo..... So yes, don't ask me about joy or happiness, not unless you wanna see me cry.
I'm replying on this particular comment, but I could have said the same on several.

Been reading some of your posts, and you have such a simple beauty and eloquence to the way you express yourself. A kind of "poet within that can't be taught, but just is.

Have you ever considered coming to the poetry threads and trying your hand at some of the challenges there? If you don't already write poetry, I suspect you may be surprised at how good and gifted you are at it.

Just a thought.

I'm replying on this particular comment, but I could have said the same on several.

Been reading some of your posts, and you have such a simple beauty and eloquence to the way you express yourself. A kind of "poet within that can't be taught, but just is.

Have you ever considered coming to the poetry threads and trying your hand at some of the challenges there? If you don't already write poetry, I suspect you may be surprised at how good and gifted you are at it.

Just a thought.
Ohh thank you very much for those kind words! ☺️

It never crossed my mind that I could write poetry, stories or anything really, but think I would quite enjoy it, as I write a lot. I am a dreamer, it's easy for me to express myself like this. Never thought someone might be interested in reading what I have to say.

I might give it a try! 🙂
Thank you!! 🌹

Ohh thank you very much for those kind words! ☺️

It never crossed my mind that I could write poetry, stories or anything really, but think I would quite enjoy it, as I write a lot. I am a dreamer, it's easy for me to express myself like this. Never thought someone might be interested in reading what I have to say.

I might give it a try! 🙂
Thank you!! 🌹
Everybody has a story and that story is always interesting because it's uniquely yours. That's why poetry. And people that aren't interested in what others have to say... They're just too focused on themselves. Trust me when I say you have a very beautiful voice in your writing. I can't wait to see what comes out when you start putting it to actual poetry.

Everybody has a story and that story is always interesting because it's uniquely yours. That's why poetry. And people that aren't interested in what others have to say... They're just too focused on themselves. Trust me when I say you have a very beautiful voice in your writing. I can't wait to see what comes out when you start putting it to actual poetry.
Thank you! 🙂

Thank you! 🙂
If you don't want to put yourself out there on the poetry boards here yet, there are some good online writers groups, they cover the spectrum from new writers to experienced ones. The best have a good mix of both. Do a Google search and seek out some of these. I'm sure you'll find one that is a good fit and that will help you explore your voice.

It's even better if you can get a good writers group that meets in person, if one of those is in your area. But the online thing does at least give you a place to learn and grow and be critiqued and and listen to other voices so you can fine tune your own.

My dog, taking a shower right before bed, loose leaf tea, the first sip of a really good cup of coffee in the morning, listening to and watching people play music/sing, playing music/singing, and dancing.

My dog, traveling, being in a nice clean beach, concerts, comedy shows, being around people who uplift me and challenge me intellectually, etc. let’s find out if you can make me happy. 😏

That… is a damn good question. I mean, I’m happy that I finally started writing again after several years of not, but I wouldn’t call it joy. It has been a very long time, and I feel that I’ve had so many experiences that have been, shall we say, less than joyful, that I think they’ve pushed out some near-joy moments.

Let me mention now that I am dealing with anxiety and depression, as well as autism spectrum disorder, and that combination isn’t great. I see pictures of me smiling and looking happy and while I remember the occasion, it feels like it happened to someone else sometimes.

Maybe the last time I felt joy was seeing the first Avengers movie in the theaters?

Peace, Freedom, Forgiveness, Healing, Truth, Wisdom, Knowledge, Discernment, Prosperity, Health, Happiness, Love, Hope, Joy, good companionship, friendship, comradeship, consideration, compassion. ❤️.

Back