What would you tell your younger self if you could travel back in time?

Make friends with girls. Talk to the ones who make you all flustered. Get to know them as people, not “pretty girl” objects.

You’re kissing someone. Far out! Try touching her. She probably won’t mind.

(I was a virgin until I was way too old because I was afraid to make a move.)
I'm feeling this

Learn Spanish, don't be afraid of that older couple who wanted to drink into the night. Play, with everyone. Marry your wife again. Don't be scared the future is pretty damn cool

I’d say, be more open in discussing sex with your girlfriend, is a natural part of life and an essential in a loving relationship.

So many things.
  • Dude, take the conditioning class instead of gym class. Start exercising now.
  • Floss, for pete's sake. It takes a damn minute.
  • Let me tell you about a little thing called index funds.
  • Don't stop playing music. Do try something other than the saxophone. Guitar, maybe, or piano.
  • Don't stop drawing. Don't drop your amateur radio license. Don't stop playing RPGs. It is OK to enjoy things.
  • Don't stop writing. Do stop worrying about getting published.
  • Take your ID when you go biking, every time. Just trust me on this one.
  • Stop worrying about sex so much. Seriously. It'll happen when it happens. Until then, jack off with impunity.
  • Do ask the girl out. Do ask the guy out. The worst they can say is no. You'll live.
  • Say yes more.
  • Buy fewer books, but use the library way more. Read more than you already do.
  • Buy less everything in general. When you do buy something, try to buy it for life. It won't be for life, but it'll be better.
  • Keep a journal, even if all you do is write down what you read or saw or listened to or where you went or how many times you jacked off. Don't ever go back and read it, though.
  • Pay attention to the people around you, particularly your folks. A lot of them will be gone sooner than you expect.
I mean, that kid needed some fucking guidance. He didn't get any of his shit straight until he was past 40.

Back