Visual Inspirations for Stories

@Kumquatqueen
I saw this, and immediately thought of Submissives of Catan:

View attachment 2262341
🤣🤣🤣
Now, now. He'd be welcome to join in!

"Dunc, love? I'll give you a sheep and a blow job for your brick."
"Hey! That's not fair!" Cat objected. "She's your partner!" ...
"Sure, it's fair!" His voice dropped to a low, louche, purr. He explained, "I'll accept a blow job off any of you..."

(To be fair, Duncan in the story is a straight guy winding the others up, but the original inspiration for the story was perfectly serious. Rarely had I seen my straight spouse so conflicted...😁)

The the visual inspiration for the karaoke event story I'm working on is the video for the song. I'd been kicking around the idea of a story loosely inspired by this video even before the event gave me a reason to get going on it.

I am hooked on this song, now. Thanks 🖕

:ROFLMAO:

🎵And if you're under him, you ain't gettin' over him🎵

Mah lil' heart 💔

Last edited:
It's amazing how differently people's minds work. 😲☺️
I had the exact same observation.
To me, those are just pictures of random women.
Random but also not. See below.
All attractive women, sure... but devoid of any context. I would never see these pictures (or any like them, set in a neutral, modern day setting) and get any particular inspiration to write.
I could only go so far as not (sociatally) UNattractive. No outward health concerns. No significant weight issues. Etc.

They all seem eerily similar though. Running off the same beauty standard/poses scripts. I would struggle to construct character from them.

Not that images convey personality but so well but these are too close to standardized marketing these days, I can't find a thread to unravel.
It's cool that you do. It just surprises me how differently people think, I suppose. 😁
Give me a girl hamming it like a goofball. I have an ocean of possibilities to work with comparatively.

We all pull story inspirations from somewhere, either consciously or subconsciously.

If you have any visual inspirations that you can share for one of your stories, I'd love to see them.

Remember, visual : Show Don't Tell!

For example, these two comics worked together to form the basic inspiration for Eldritch Pact. Presumably no further explanation is necessary.

View attachment 2260998View attachment 2261000
(I would politely ask that you keep the image as SFW as possible, but I realize that may be a foolhardy request)
1693467908400.png
I imagined these two as horny tourists pursuing my 21-year-old MC across an Australian resort for the Summer Lovin' challenge..."Oz Beach Boy Summer Resort Fun"...my first story in the Humor & Satire category...very puerile, but I had a lot of fun writing it!

So I sort of have one, but it's partly the image and partly the rest of the content.

I'm working on my Halloween story right now, and I wanted to do something in the vein of the pulp and folk horror of the 70s. So the images that spring to mind are the Wicker Man (the original), but also the "Paperbacks from Hell," those cheap horror novels you'd see in the spinner racks at grocery stores, with all their weird sexual politics and bizarre cover art.

I jokingly told MediocreAuthor I was going to call it The Dicker Man. I am not, though, so that title's free for anyone that wants to use it! ;)

valancourt_books.original.jpg

I just came across this pic and I can’t help but start thinking of a new story about this mother and daughter.

Attachments

• IMG_6793.jpeg
    IMG_6793.jpeg
    312 KB · Views: 11
I try to write erotica. So my images tend to be erotic, so NSFW. (The try part is because I don't have a lot of time to get stuff completed.)

I find it interesting how many people here do have SFW inspirations

Back