Tracking your story scoring...

FifthEstate

California Lover
Happy New Year! If you're interested, I thought today being the first day of the new year provided an opportunity to look back (and forward) to summarize and track how your stories are scoring. Some of you won't give a sh*t about this level of detail, but I know many who keep significantly more detailed data, and some may not even know they have the data at their fingertips to do it. It's been discussed in the forums previously, but there is a download icon (highlighted below) on your "My Stories" page that allows you to download in excel format a summary of your story statistics at any time.

I do it at the beginning of each quarter and drop it into a very basic excel format so I can watch how my scoring totals change from quarter to quarter. I tried to attach a copy of my basic template for anyone who may want to use it, but Lit's forum system doesn't allow excel files as attachments. If you're interested in a copy, PM or email me and I'll send it to you. See below for a screen grab of the basic formatting. All's you have to do is download the data from your My Stories page and paste it (values only) into the spreadsheet. Make sure you have enough rows beforehand (add or delete) to accommodate the number of stories in your library. The spreadsheet will calculate summary statistics for you. There are blank sheets at the bottom for quarterly downloads over the next couple of years, but you can obviously edit those if you want to track more or less often. Also in the box at the lower left, I manually update my current follower count to watch how it changes from quarter to quarter.

Have a wonderful and productive 2024!
Story scoring summary.pngTemplate screen shot.png

Last edited:
Back