Tornadoes from hell.

Then stop polluting my atmosphere?

...+ It's always funny how they are always sorry.

Also, If you consider that unhappy, what would you think I consider depressed if I was laughing while I typed it?

Why don't you explain to me how that entire weather front moved backwards and split @ Windsor and Chatham?

Natural phenom? Wut? Because Lake Effects moves in the opposite direction with the front.

Anyone actually see the funnel?
I consider you unhappy because you never have anything but negative things to say.

Oh, and yes, my cousin saw one. My friend's mother saw one just before it tore her house off the foundation. A great many other's saw them, too. You see, dear, it wasn't one tornado. It was many. Some accounts say more than 60 touched down in the state, some say more. The storm didn't have to split. It simply had to spawn.

I should also point out that the City of Chicago is not the state of Illinois. It's only one small portion of the state, and most of the damage was on the west side of the state, far from the lake effect.

Last edited:
I think my eyesight is failing. (Well, yes, I know it is.) But I read the banner as "Tomatoes from hell'. I wasn't sure whether you meant the supermarket ones that look great but taste of nothing, or the narly-looking ones that taste fantastic. :)

That r is set so close to the n that "tomato" is what hits my brain too.

I consider you unhappy because you never have anything but negative things to say.

Assumption. Also epic fail for an author to only see one side.

Oh, and yes, my cousin saw one. My friend's mother saw one just before it tore her house off the foundation. A great many other's saw them, too. You see, dear, it wasn't one tornado. It was many. Some accounts say more than 60 touched down in the state, some say more. The storm didn't have to split. It simply had to spawn.

Does everyone you know say they're happy? Does everyone you know act the same as you? What proof do you have that they are not lying to you? Do you have dated and timestamped pictures or does saying it make it so?

I should also point out that the City of Chicago is not the state of Illinois. It's only one small portion of the state, and most of the damage was on the west side of the state, far from the lake effect.

I didn't say shit about CHicken In the Car And the car won't GO, but I find it awful coincidental that you did, and that it corrolates to what I was thinking. I also do not believe your perfectly reasonable explaination.

BTW, The cities I mentioned are in Canada across from Detroit. Also, Lake Effects affects the entire upper midwest and north east.

Seriously, why did you bring up Chicago, Do you know something or do you not know anything?
Do you own a map?

Do you have proof that you live in the region, or are you just disaster latchng like somekindof hypochondriac?

Last edited:
It would almost be worth the air fare to see that. I hope someone films it.
Molly; what's 'lake effect' ?

It's an atmospheric phenom caused by the great lakes. You know how Chicago is called the Windy City? The cooler air from Lake Michigan mixes with warmer air from inland and causes much of the wind. This time of year it causes ice and snow--lots of snow. I used to live in the area and the snow was measured in feet while I was there. It's effect is mostly in the upper Midwest, but can cause issues farther south, although it's rare that it causes real trouble.

That is a very simplified explanation.

It's an atmospheric phenom caused by the great lakes. You know how Chicago is called the Windy City? The cooler air from Lake Michigan mixes with warmer air from inland and causes much of the wind. This time of year it causes ice and snow--lots of snow. I used to live in the area and the snow was measured in feet while I was there. It's effect is mostly in the upper Midwest, but can cause issues farther south, although it's rare that it causes real trouble.

That is a very simplified explanation.

Thank you Madam.
There's a large glass of good Burgundy for you on the bar in the Lounge;
and some really good Finnish vodka for later, at need.

Tx, I don't think those words are in that lexicon; sad, really.

Thank you Madam.
There's a large glass of good Burgundy for you on the bar in the Lounge;
and some really good Finnish vodka for later, at need.

Tx, I don't think those words are in that lexicon; sad, really.

In the lounge? I shall toddle over immediately.

Back