Euphemism of the day - The flight was "interrupted" after the launch

8letters

Writing
The exact line from USA Today is:
[The Japanese rocket company] Space One said the flight was "interrupted" after the launch...

USA Today had another great line in another article:
However, [President of Space One] Toyoda and other officials rejected calling the mission a failure, stressing to reporters that it will help them learn from what went wrong on future attempts.

Hey, it happens to plenty of us guys at one point or another in our lives.

I'm a qualified professor of bullshit and BSU, BullShit University. One of the courses is How to Bullshit a Bullshiter 101. Of Course, I also teach advanced courses in areas of Bullshitting.

Recalling the Challenger Disaster. Watching, in horror, the white trails of smoke. The narrator says in a monotone, "Obviously a major malfunction".

You think?

I'm a qualified professor of bullshit and BSU, BullShit University. One of the courses is How to Bullshit a Bullshiter 101. Of Course, I also teach advanced courses in areas of Bullshitting.
I have it on good authority that one can't bullshit a bullshitter. Has that theory been debunked?

I have it on good authority that one can't bullshit a bullshitter. Has that theory been debunked?
One can bullshit a bullshitter of less bullshitting skill, but not a bullshitter of equal or greater bullshitting skill.

This is measured according to the "pyramid", or as some would have it the "pile", of bullshit.

I guess you'd have to be a New Yorker to get this. So the MTA is going to replace the MetroCard with the "OMNY-card" for paying fares (look it up if you are really interested). So everyday, there is a continuous recording on the buses that ends with (a woman with a pronounced "vocal fry"): "If everybody uses OMNY, this bus will move even faster!" I always think, "You mean less slowly."

There are others I have to think of.

Last edited:
The exact line from USA Today is:

USA Today had another great line in another article:
Can you imagine what America felt like, watching all the US failed launches immediately after Sputnik? The Kaputnik series, I think the wags called it, at the time.

All this Elon Musk hate! and one year ago he was the hero. It reminds me of a guy who was on TV for years.

Anyhow, this rocket experienced what we call an unscheduled rapid disassembly. You can see at 00:28 of the video, several parts being returned to storage

I don't hate Elon; we had a few good laughs in the past. Maybe we can in the Xwitter future.
All this Elon Musk hate! and one year ago he was the hero. It reminds me of a guy who was on TV for years.

Anyhow, this rocket experienced what we call an unscheduled rapid disassembly. You can see at 00:28 of the video, several parts being returned to storage

Back