Tornadoes from hell.

lol @ in charge.

This is not a disaster. This isn't worth the conversation.

Feels like hurricane Sandy.

BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION & LACKING PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Life under these threats is scary (I had a cousin in Oklahoma tossed around in a mobile home in one of these once--crippled for life and lost a baby). If I was determined to stick it out in the Midwest, I'd be looking carefully into underground houses.

Last edited:
Same here. Frank Lloyd Wright designed some 'berm houses' that were not only supremely energy efficient but amazingly durable in extreme weather, as well.

Jacobs-II-Aerial-view-of-house-garden-and-barn-just-after-completion-TIFF-small.jpg

lol @ in charge.

This is not a disaster. This isn't worth the conversation.

Feels like hurricane Sandy.

BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION & LACKING PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Do you live here in the midwest? Did you live through one of our storms? Most hurricanes come with weather warnings well in advance. A tornado--if you're lucky--comes with a siren warning you to duck and cover immediately. When you come out--if you were fast enough to dive for cover--everything you own and have spent a lifetime building is gone. It takes about a minute. There's no lack of personal responsibility unless you wish to die.

She tends to do that from time to time.

Have you heard from your cousin?

Yes, he and his family are well and safe. No damage for him.

Re: PayDay comments.

Do you live here in the midwest? Did you live through one of our storms? Most hurricanes come with weather warnings well in advance. A tornado--if you're lucky--comes with a siren warning you to duck and cover immediately. When you come out--if you were fast enough to dive for cover--everything you own and have spent a lifetime building is gone. It takes about a minute. There's no lack of personal responsibility unless you wish to die.
------------

Yes, he and his family are well and safe. No damage for him.

He/She/It is on my ignore list. Some of the most preposterous comments ever seen emerge from that quarter. I'd be banned if I got into an argument with it.

But "Duck & Cover?"
I didn't think you were that old that you'd remember that. [sorry]

Glad the relatives are safe & well.
:rose:

Re: PayDay comments.

He/She/It is on my ignore list. Some of the most preposterous comments ever seen emerge from that quarter. I'd be banned if I got into an argument with it.

But "Duck & Cover?"
I didn't think you were that old that you'd remember that. [sorry]

Glad the relatives are safe & well.
:rose:

Tonight, doll, I'm old as dirt. My thumb hurts where I cut off the outside portion of it. Makes typing fun, too. My head hurts from the stupid weather and I'm worn out from work--being a shut-in who works from home (man, I love that part of my job), it's not an easy thing to do.

There are very few people here on my iggy list. You have to really irritate me to get on that list. This person is annoying, but he's not important enough to truly irritate. I won't give people that kind of power.

Thank goodness! I'm glad to hear it. *hug*

I remember "duck and cover" drills....

Thanks.

Our duck and cover drills in the Midwest are still being done in schools today--but it has nothing to do with bombs. It's about protecting your ass in the case of tornadoes. The drills are done regularly, alongside fire drills.

Thanks.

Our duck and cover drills in the Midwest are still being done in schools today--but it has nothing to do with bombs. It's about protecting your ass in the case of tornadoes. The drills are done regularly, alongside fire drills.

We have drills like that. We go in the hallway. My class has the privilege of being the closest one to the glass doors.

Ours were "get under the desk and hold onto the legs". Then, when the shaking stops, get the Hell out of the building. Being under the desk protected the kids from flying window glass, falling florescent light bulbs, etc. Of course, I taught in a steel box of a bungalow where the ceiling was made of pressed paper. Earthquakes didn't worry me but I made sure the kids knew how to get out the door and both windows in event of fire!

We have drills like that. We go in the hallway. My class has the privilege of being the closest one to the glass doors.

Oh? What grade are you in? :devil:

Ours were "get under the desk and hold onto the legs". Then, when the shaking stops, get the Hell out of the building. Being under the desk protected the kids from flying window glass, falling florescent light bulbs, etc. Of course, I taught in a steel box of a bungalow where the ceiling was made of pressed paper. Earthquakes didn't worry me but I made sure the kids knew how to get out the door and both windows in event of fire!

When I was a child, I had one year in a "mobile". These were mobile buildings brought in when the school became over-crowded. The sirens went off one morning and our drill was to get out of the buildings and into the main one for shelter. We lined up and the teacher opened the door. The door disappeared, nearly pulling her out. these were not safe buildings. They were little better than tar-paper shacks on runners. It was too late to go in. We had to ride it out in the mobile. It was scary.

I think my eyesight is failing. (Well, yes, I know it is.) But I read the banner as "Tomatoes from hell'. I wasn't sure whether you meant the supermarket ones that look great but taste of nothing, or the narly-looking ones that taste fantastic. :)

I think my eyesight is failing. (Well, yes, I know it is.) But I read the banner as "Tomatoes from hell'. I wasn't sure whether you meant the supermarket ones that look great but taste of nothing, or the narly-looking ones that taste fantastic. :)

That same thought had crossed my mind.
:)

Storm is a storm.

Love the level of tolerance.

'No my storms are more dangerous!'

'No mine!'

'No we live in tornado alley and it's always unexpected!'

'nou!'

Thanks.

I think I remember hearing a teacher once relate duck-and-cover to bombs, but forever after when our school did them (for a couple more years), it was said to be because of earthquakes. I never understood how one of those flimsy-ass desks was supposed to protect us from a bomb.

Oh. Isn't your class... lucky.... patient, seriously, I hope your class never needs one of those drills.

Okay, now getting under the desk makes a bit of sense, at least as far as earthquakes are concerned. ;)

Pajama party!
Whoop! We can raid the liquor cabinet(s) here!

Storm is a storm.

Love the level of tolerance.

'No my storms are more dangerous!'

'No mine!'

'No we live in tornado alley and it's always unexpected!'

'nou!'
I feel sorry for you, dear. You seem so very unhappy.

That sounds like a really terrible movie. I hate tomatoes.

I feel sorry for you, dear. You seem so very unhappy.

Then stop polluting my atmosphere?

...+ It's always funny how they are always sorry.

Also, If you consider that unhappy, what would you think I consider depressed if I was laughing while I typed it?

Why don't you explain to me how that entire weather front moved backwards and split @ Windsor and Chatham?

Natural phenom? Wut? Because Lake Effects moves in the opposite direction with the front.

Anyone actually see the funnel?

Back