The Official Authors Hangout Winter Holiday 2023 Contest Support Thread

No sweep effect for me. I guess my [admitedly totally inconsequential] entry really did suck cock.

Em

No sweep effect for me. I guess my [admitedly totally inconsequential] entry really did suck cock.

Em
Wait, has the sweep happened? Because if so, everyone's 1s seem to have been swept onto my pile.

Or, like you say, my stories are just that mediocre.

Wait, has the sweep happened? Because if so, everyone's 1s seem to have been swept onto my pile.

Or, like you say, my stories are just that mediocre.
I don't think it's happened yet. The new adjusted scores will probably show up in a few hours. Then the final scores appear when the winners are announced.

Well, my holiday special seems to have settled in at 4.64. So okay, but not fantastic. Which rather seems to be my norm on this site.
Usually, that's great! But it does kinda mean I've got no chance in the competitions. Oh well.

This contest got me my highest rated story to date, more than 50 new followers, and the most votes I’ve ever received in less than a month, so I have nothing but thanks for the contest gods (even though my score steadily dropped, whereas all my other stories seem to rise over time—still puzzled about that).

I have lost 3 votes so far, on five well bombed stories... I'm remaining in my bomb shelter.

I've been pulling my CSV each hour since 1:30 AM, the score repairing started around 6:00 AM EST as far as I can tell. My five stories lost an average of 4 votes each and the scores didn't change much.

Strewth. My score has rocketed, to the point of being a contender.
Only I have less than half the number of votes needed to qualify, so not a contender at all.

I hoped to get more readers from the contest, which is why I rushed to finish and enter, but I'm not sure it's done that either (hard to compare with other N&N works as most are individual chapters).

Strewth. My score has rocketed, to the point of being a contender.
Only I have less than half the number of votes needed to qualify, so not a contender at all.

I hoped to get more readers from the contest, which is why I rushed to finish and enter, but I'm not sure it's done that either (hard to compare with other N&N works as most are individual chapters).
Its the story of my contest entries. I only get 1 bombs...so I might get up to the ~25 votes...then the sweeps hit...and my scores goes up, but my vote numbers mean a no go!

I'll sneak in the first congratulations to the winners (whenever they are announced). So many excellent entries by the talented writers here at Literotica. But the recent posts confirm what many have said before - worry about writing good stories, and not about the scores!

The sweep is still going on. I just lost a 4, by my calculations. If this continues much longer, I won't have any votes left! (Not that I'm complaining. The average score has gone up by .44.)

The sweep is still going on. I just lost a 4, by my calculations. If this continues much longer, I won't have any votes left! (Not that I'm complaining. The average score has gone up by .44.)
It’s crazy just how prevalent bad faith voting is. It happens all the time, of course, but comps seem to put it on steroids.

I’d hate to think it’s other authors doing it, but you have to wonder.

Em

I’d hate to think it’s other authors doing it, but you have to wonder.
You'd think that authors would have enough faith in their works to perform to at least a deserving level. But how many authors are there on Lit, and how many do we even know? I'd say that the vast majority don't interact with others here.

You'd think that authors would have enough faith in their works to perform to at least a deserving level. But how many authors are there on Lit, and how many do we even know? I'd say that the vast majority don't interact with others here.
Pretty poor reflection on your own work if you have to try to drag others down.

If you don’t like something, close the page. If it’s against site rules, report it.

Em

Back