The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Summer Lovin' Contest Support Thread

They did a good job pushing entries through approval in a timely fashion. I didn't think I'd quite make the cut.

With one exception (the most recent contest,) all of my entries for years and years have appeared the next day after submission. It's sort of been the norm forever on these contests and a major reason for entering them.

Figured out what to do with mine, but I've only managed to write a line or two the last couple of days. Work has been beating me to death.

Second story is up.

No, not on a building, for the contest. :rolleyes: :D

I just got trolled by my own damn husband. He hit 1 star to tease me, not knowing that he couldn't change it. The bastard!:rolleyes:

Did you guys see the official poll for the next spring contest?

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1071323

So far, it's:
Spring is in the Air 11 34.38%
April Fool's 13 40.63%

I can't understand why April Fool's has more votes. Spring is in the Air is broader and features more topics. It's more logical.

SPRING is more generic. FOOLS is more focused. SPRING can cover any fucking thing, so it's less a competition than a let's-submit-another-story opportunity. FOOLS demands a focus on foolishness or fooling or being fooled -- including fooling the reader. FOOLS will be more competitive IMHO.

FOOLS will be more competitive IMHO. It's like the difference between an AUTUMN contest and a HALLOWE'EN contest. A seasonal contest is just less of a challenge.

Last edited:
SPRING is more generic. FOOLS is more focused. SPRING can cover any fucking thing, so it's less a competition than a let's-submit-another-story opportunity. FOOLS demands a focus on foolishness or fooling or being fooled -- including fooling the reader. FOOLS will be more competitive IMHO.

FOOLS will be more competitive IMHO. It's like the difference between an AUTUMN contest and a HALLOWE'EN contest. A seasonal contest is just less of a challenge.

I like the idea of encouraging a twist. I'm a big fan of the twisted ending. I'd rather read April Fools stories.

Agree 100%

Haven't voted on that one and am not sure I will, but if I did, I'd probably vote April Fools over Spring Is in the Air. It's supposed to be a contest. April Fools, I think, requires more effort and skill than the generic Spring Is in the Air idea.

My world has been so busy that I think this is the first contest i haven't had something to submit on the first day.

I was at a conference last weekend and i set myself up on the balcony of the resort Sunday morning to try and write a little more when a rainbow lorikeet came and sat on the balcony rail to chat and when it didn't give it enough attention sat on my laptop and hurled screeching abuse at my typing, grammar and plot. Even with this critique i still haven't finished it, hopefully this weekend.

Last edited:
My world has been so busy that I think this is the first contest i haven't had something to submit on the first day.

I was at a conference last weekend and i set myself up on the balcony of the resort Sunday morning to try and write a little more when a rainbow lorikeet came and sat on the balcony rail to chat and when it didn't give it enough attention sat on my laptop and hurled screeching abuse at my typing, grammar and plot. Even with this critique i still haven't finished it, hopefully this weekend.

Jeez. You'd think he'd have typed a few words while he was there.

Hello all.

After having allowed life to get in the way for far to long, I managed a submission. I have always felt a little guilty when readers comment asking me to continue a story and then I don't, so this time I killed my heroine off.

I worried that the sad ending might not go over very well but so far today I have two comments both asking me to continue... go figure. :)

Hello all.

After having allowed life to get in the way for far to long, I managed a submission. I have always felt a little guilty when readers comment asking me to continue a story and then I don't, so this time I killed my heroine off.

I worried that the sad ending might not go over very well but so far today I have two comments both asking me to continue... go figure. :)

Welcome back

In one story, I killed off everyone and I do mean everyone. They still wanted a sequel. :rolleyes: It's now a mainstream novel.

Thanks TX!

I just posted a comment begging off since the rules say entries are to be stand alone stories. :)

As far as main stream novels go, I don't really think I have the talent or skill to pull that off. Not to mention that real life would probably prevent it anyway.

I just posted a comment begging off since the rules say entries are to be stand alone stories. :)
The ENTRY must be standalone; if sequels aren't contest entries, than ride'em on out!

Ah, the influence of comments. I've let myself be talked into a couple sequels and spin-offs. One did well; one didn't. Such is life. Write what you like.

Thanks TX!

As far as main stream novels go, I don't really think I have the talent or skill to pull that off. Not to mention that real life would probably prevent it anyway.

I just keep faking it. ;)

That and a damned good editor works wonders.

That's no excuse, as Hypoxia points out:

The ENTRY must be standalone; if sequels aren't contest entries, than ride'em on out!
Ah, the influence of comments. I've let myself be talked into a couple sequels and spin-offs. One did well; one didn't. Such is life. Write what you like.

Yeah, I got sucked into doing sequels of my Valentine's Day story, and five chapters further on I'm nowhere near finished. :( and the worst part is people like it and are still asking for more and I'm too scared to stop and terrified I won't live up to their expectations. Aaarrggghhh

I tried to avoid this with my Nude Day entry by making it clear this story was a stand alone, and even so I got a comment suggesting I wrote the whole thing again from the perspective of Loke (best friend of the main character). It's sooo tempting, since it would be GM. But so far I'm resisting.

I may have to read your entry Saxon - just so I can ask for a sequel, lol. :)
Although I've tried to stay away from the Summer Contest, so as not to be sucked into writing a story (I managed to kill the Pun plot bunny).
Good luck to everyone.

Here’s another brilliant post from the A.I.R. contest thread (#2269) – Ahlands #1 thread with over 90,000 views - made by the texas ALT known as the BowlfulBard. Something I’m sure this ALT would love to have us share with you on the oggy/tigergirl thread. Enjoy!
image.php
9559064.jpg

[SIZE=+6]the only fake here is the BowlfulBard – its an ALT![/size]​

I know life would've been different today if you had enough oxygen to breathe...

BUT,

That doesn't mean you'll terrorize the awesome people of AH with your Fake(c) Associations and Contests, does it?

Stop this game of playing with yourself in public. It's embarassing, you know?

ALSO,

Neither I nor Daniel are alts of anyone else. The only alt here is you. Suck it up!

Works been killing me this week, hoping to work on my story Tuesday night and do some tweaking and get it in this week.

Did you guys see the official poll for the next spring contest?

http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1071323

So far, it's:
Spring is in the Air 11 34.38%
April Fool's 13 40.63%

I can't understand why April Fool's has more votes. Spring is in the Air is broader and features more topics. It's more logical.

I think because Spring is just like Summer and Winter; its so vague its easy. It was cold out, okay I have a winter story.

I think April Fools is a little more of a challenge and people can have a lot of fun with it.

Back