The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, Nakeds! Coffee's ready if anyone needs it. :)

Oh, do some decorating for me, please? I love Halloween and don't get to do anything. :( As a matter of fact, I'll be at rehearsal that night....

Thanks, anna. :rose::heart:

Sure! What kind of theme do you want? Gothic vampire? Classic haunted house? Or bloody horror? ;)

I'm actually thinking Steampunk.

Hmm, I've never done steampunk before. I assume there would be a bit of copper and brass involved. :rolleyes:

Oh, I'm sorry for being so rude as to not ask this before; how was your weekend? :rose:

Glad you approve of the coffee, Bear. :)

Hmm, I've never done steampunk before. I assume there would be a bit of copper and brass involved. :rolleyes:

Oh, I'm sorry for being so rude as to not ask this before; how was your weekend? :rose:

Nah, when it comes right down to it, john, I do like the traditional decorations for Halloween. That said, I'd love to put together a steampunk costume. :)

It was a weekend. Thank you for asking. Seriously, I spent most of it trying to avoid a cold. How was yours?

Glad you approve of the coffee, Bear. :)

Nah, when it comes right down to it, john, I do like the traditional decorations for Halloween. That said, I'd love to put together a steampunk costume. :)

It was a weekend. Thank you for asking. Seriously, I spent most of it trying to avoid a cold. How was yours?

Oh, I did see a few steampunk costumes and accessories at the store, I'll have to post a link when I get a chance.

It was good. Went shopping on Saturday and picked out a couple of shirts and shoes. I'll send some pics later. It's not weird for a guy to like shopping, right? :rolleyes: Then went to another haunt. Watched the Talladega race on Sunday.

I'll have to decorative my parents house later this week since Mom hasn't been able to move around in the last year and Dad's working. I usually have the most decorated apartment in the complex.

I love Steampunk... :D

Evening, Nakeys. How goes it?

john - how's the early shift going?

anna - you really don't want me helping you with decorating. Not unless you want the floor painting as well... ;)

anna - you really don't want me helping you with decorating. Not unless you want the floor painting as well... ;)

Still on the late shift, sadly. Hopefully they'll get me on the earlier shift sooner rather than later.

Oh, I did see a few steampunk costumes and accessories at the store, I'll have to post a link when I get a chance.

It was good. Went shopping on Saturday and picked out a couple of shirts and shoes. I'll send some pics later. It's not weird for a guy to like shopping, right? :rolleyes: Then went to another haunt. Watched the Talladega race on Sunday.

I'll have to decorative my parents house later this week since Mom hasn't been able to move around in the last year and Dad's working. I usually have the most decorated apartment in the complex.
Yes, please! I'd like to see the link.

No, it isn't weird for a guy to like shopping. The fella likes it, but he has to be "in the mood." I've learned to take advantage of his shopping moods since I lack the gene. That said, I'm planning a HUGE shopping trip with a girlfriend when we're finished with this show.

And please, I'm sure we'd all like to see post-decorating pictures!

Hmm. That's close, steve, but I really do like the corsets that predominate in steampunk. But yes, you could help me with some decorating. Did I mention that I need to move things around in my upstairs office so that I can paint? ;)

Reminds me of this
Nice call, HP. :)

There's shopping and there's shopping. Shopping for clothes is best done either online or at a tailor. The latter is expensive. Shopping for food is always good. Shopping for most other things is a bore . . . except for hunting and fishing tackle, of course. Usually I don't shop. I decide what I want and go buy it. Wondering around a mall is only periodically entertaining . . . unless someone else is buying lunch, of course.

Hmm. That's close, steve, but I really do like the corsets that predominate in steampunk. But yes, you could help me with some decorating. Did I mention that I need to move things around in my upstairs office so that I can paint? ;)

See, sometimes I'm in the mood for corsets. Other times I'm not... ;)

You only want me for my brawn...:rolleyes:

Good morning! Coffee is brewing and there are some lovely two-bite scones out.

There's shopping and there's shopping. Shopping for clothes is best done either online or at a tailor. The latter is expensive. Shopping for food is always good. Shopping for most other things is a bore . . . except for hunting and fishing tackle, of course. Usually I don't shop. I decide what I want and go buy it. Wondering around a mall is only periodically entertaining . . . unless someone else is buying lunch, of course.
Yes, this is how I prefer to shop too - I know what I want, I go in and get it. I don't like shopping for clothes online, because I want to try it on and check the fabric.

See, sometimes I'm in the mood for corsets. Other times I'm not... ;)

You only want me for my brawn...:rolleyes:
Heh. Although, I understand what you mean. Corsets aren't something I like wearing all the time.

"Only?" Are you complaining? :p

Some of those costumes were quite attractive but I would not call them "steampunk".
No Brass or Glass, Leather bellows, etc.
The italia ones came close, IMO.

Some of those costumes were quite attractive but I would not call them "steampunk".
No Brass or Glass, Leather bellows, etc.
The italia ones came close, IMO.

I agree. Of course, anything from a party store is going to have to be of lesser quality since it is mass-produced to begin with. Part of my problem is that the fella just doesn't do Halloween, so I just don't have the need for any elaborate costumes. :(

I agree. Of course, anything from a party store is going to have to be of lesser quality since it is mass-produced to begin with. Part of my problem is that the fella just doesn't do Halloween, so I just don't have the need for any elaborate costumes. :(

Other than pleasing yourself, you mean...? :)

I have to say I'm not a great Hallowe'en supporter, either.
~The kids round here going "trick or treat" are usually in it for the money, and that I find depressing. It's almost as bad at Christmas; a quick chorus of "we wish you a merry Christmas" and take the money and run.

A Lady can usually do as she pleases, can't she?

Well, there is that. ;)

I have to say I'm not a great Hallowe'en supporter, either.
~The kids round here going "trick or treat" are usually in it for the money, and that I find depressing. It's almost as bad at Christmas; a quick chorus of "we wish you a merry Christmas" and take the money and run.

A Lady can usually do as she pleases, can't she?
Around here, and where I grew up, once kids get to about twelve, they're not so much interested in the "trick-or-treat" part as they are dressing up and hanging out with friends. These days, my favorite part is seeing the wee ones in their costumes.

And yes, a Lady may do as she pleases.

Hence my little business venture.... ;)

Some years ago, after the stress of finishing my MA, I decided to turn my front yard into a vegetable garden. I raised it level, fenced it in, put in raised beds, etc. From that day on I have not had so much as one single trickortreater come to the cave. I don't know whether the fence makes us seem unfriendly or whether the kiddies are worried I'll drop a cabbage in their treat bag but while it mildly upset HM, I have to admit it saves money . . . :D

HP, I agree about the ones from the party store, though I think the ones from DeviantART are more impressive.

I think it was about start of high school when everyone got bored of trick or treating. But that's why I love decorating for Halloween, to create fun displays for the other neighborhood kids to enjoy. Of course, now I answer the door with a feral growl in costume and scare all the trick or treaters. :rolleyes:

I think I'll break out the fake spider webs tonight and get those up now that I'm thinking about it.

Wow, there does seem to be a lot of self pleasuring going on here today. :devil:

Friends! Hello!

Well, it's been a crazy couple of weeks, and I'm sorry I have not been visiting here much. I was working away at my Halloween contest story, and I was really excited about my idea. Then my grandmother passed away and threw me for a loop. She had been suffering for so long, it was really a relief, but still so sad for the rest of us left behind. We traveled for her funeral this past weekend and the time to write was sorely lacking.

I just posted my story (at the very last minute, I keep forgetting about that dang time change!) and though I don't feel I did my best work, or did my cool idea justice, I'm glad I got it done. The ending was rushed, and I had to leave out a whole scene I had planned, but, whatcha gonna do? :rolleyes:

I've also been continuing my quest to figure out why I've been sick for so long. Many blood draws, and a 2.5 hour MRI later, there still isn't a definitive answer, but I finally found a doctor who was willing to prescribe me antibiotics. Cross your fingers that they will do the trick.

So, here I am, all shaky from my race to finish that damn story, and ready for a drink! A whisky on the rocks, please. And make that a double.

Oh, and I'm ready to FAWC as soon as Tx posts his photo, and then ready to start NaNo on November 1st. Fun fun fun!

Friends! Hello!

Well, it's been a crazy couple of weeks, and I'm sorry I have not been visiting here much. I was working away at my Halloween contest story, and I was really excited about my idea. Then my grandmother passed away and threw me for a loop. She had been suffering for so long, it was really a relief, but still so sad for the rest of us left behind. We traveled for her funeral this past weekend and the time to write was sorely lacking.

I just posted my story (at the very last minute, I keep forgetting about that dang time change!) and though I don't feel I did my best work, or did my cool idea justice, I'm glad I got it done. The ending was rushed, and I had to leave out a whole scene I had planned, but, whatcha gonna do? :rolleyes:
:rose:
I've also been continuing my quest to figure out why I've been sick for so long. Many blood draws, and a 2.5 hour MRI later, there still isn't a definitive answer, but I finally found a doctor who was willing to prescribe me antibiotics. Cross your fingers that they will do the trick.

So, here I am, all shaky from my race to finish that damn story, and ready for a drink! A whisky on the rocks, please. And make that a double.

Oh, and I'm ready to FAWC as soon as Tx posts his photo, and then ready to start NaNo on November 1st. Fun fun fun!

*hugs*
Glad to see you back, Shea.
Again, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.
*extra hugs*
:rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back