The Nail Thread

Gel.
The glitter nail is kitty white with multi glitter, OPI.

Attachments

• IMG_6718.jpg
    IMG_6718.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 0
Love that colour, Lucy!! :heart:

~~~~~~~~~~

For Meeks :D

kaomoji-nail-art-3.png

Gahhh!

update:

Asked mom about her brittle/split nail solution. She rubs in olive oil a couple times a week and uses Nail Envy by OPI. She said she had the worst split nails in the past and swears by the OPI.

Far, LucyBee -

super cute nails!

update:

Asked mom about her brittle/split nail solution. She rubs in olive oil a couple times a week and uses Nail Envy by OPI. She said she had the worst split nails in the past and swears by the OPI.

Far, LucyBee -

super cute nails!

Thanks! My finger nails now sort of match too! A cheery red:)

Can I play, too? I love the colors and designs y'all choose. Had mine done today in a dark purple.

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I often find that keeping mine painted makes them a little stronger and less prone to breaking and/or splitting.
However, last month someone talked me into a set of extensions in a salon. It's something I've never done before and usually my nails need to be completely bare for work purposes. Never again! My nails are damaged to the point that they're no longer functional. Paper thin and with the same consistency. Any tips for repairing them (if at all possible) would be ace! 👍🏻

I painted my fingernails again yesterday. No pic, nothing special. But I am wondering, as they seem to be a tiny big stronger, if painting will help keep them a little more robust. There is little doubt in my mind a slightly longer ( not talon like) nail suits my hands better than neater, shorter trimmed ones. But it's keeping them so with gardening and ponies etc. Even though I wear gloves it's tough

I'll say it one more time...

Orly Rubberized Bonder.

It is the best thing on the market that I have found. See pic and info early on this thread, probably the first or second page. It's champion!

ETA: Here is the Orly post.

And yes, I think paint helps them grow better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry Silver, not really sure what your problem is. Do you mean that you had tips put on and now they are off and the ends of your nail are fried? Or that you had the entire nail covered and.. pulled them off? Not that I will know how to fix them :rolleyes: I am just unsure what was done to your nails and what condition they were left in. And I'm a curious sort :D

Last edited:
Great design, Kittyscave! :)

I often find that keeping mine painted makes them a little stronger and less prone to breaking and/or splitting.
However, last month someone talked me into a set of extensions in a salon. It's something I've never done before and usually my nails need to be completely bare for work purposes. Never again! My nails are damaged to the point that they're no longer functional. Paper thin and with the same consistency. Any tips for repairing them (if at all possible) would be ace! 👍🏻

Well, avoid extensions for one. :p

Unfortunately, you'll just have to grow them out. While growing them out moisturizing them with oil (whatever you prefer. Olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, etc.) You can try to use a strengthening topcoat until they're grown out enough, but in this case you just have to be patient. :/

I think your nails are perfect. :). Lovely.

Thank you. :) My nails are my favorite part of me and the one thing I don't feel embarrassed about.

Edit: Σ(・□・;)unless I'm wearing bright red polish. It's soooo, I dunno. Embarrassing.

I didn't take a picture but today I'm wearing Dusty Rose. It's a pretty color that leaves me feeling happy.

Dusty rose :rose:
I think I would describe my coat as dusty rose. Lovely colour.

I decided that I needed reminding of sunshine. And daffodils. Hence the new glittery sunny toenails :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 0
I'm wearing red again. In reality it's more purplish than in this pic and it's already a bit run down, because I've been wearing it for three days already.

Spring Flower by Sinful Colors. I think the SC colors always last really well on my nails for some reason.

Back