Is it ok to Switch?

shrek100

Literotica Guru
Hope this ok to post this here.
So I am female. 47. Married to an adventurous husband. Have tried lots of sexual things. Threesomes etc etc

Last night I was out with some friends and we got drunk. One of the girls started talking about sex and domination. After a while it become obvious she has no idea.
Being drunk I told a few tails of my sex life. Sex dungeons, doing totally dominated by Mr. And then I said and then other times I totally Dom Mr with strapons etc etc

“Don’t believe you, you can only be one of the other! Nobody switches you can only enjoy it one way or another”
So one of the other girls who has joined Myself and Mr disagreed and an argument started.

So my question is am I weird to like to switch? And does anyone else?

Not weird at all! I think that's very common. Maybe more for men than women but I'm totally a switch. There are times I enjoy totally dominating my lover and times where I want to be dominated. It can even change in the middle of having sex. I might start out very aggressively using my lover, then somewhere in the mix, I'm being the one getting used and I'm completely submissive and subservient. It's more mentally stimulating therefore, physically stimulating for me. But that's how MY mind and body works. There are people who can eat the same meal for breakfast every day and those who eat something different every morning, depending on what sounds good to them. And there are those who don't eat breakfast at all. Therefore, you're not weird or wrong. She can be only the one thing and you be all of the things...and both can be true and very much right for each of you!

Not weird at all! I think that's very common. Maybe more for men than women but I'm totally a switch. There are times I enjoy totally dominating my lover and times where I want to be dominated. It can even change in the middle of having sex. I might start out very aggressively using my lover, then somewhere in the mix, I'm being the one getting used and I'm completely submissive and subservient. It's more mentally stimulating therefore, physically stimulating for me. But that's how MY mind and body works. There are people who can eat the same meal for breakfast every day and those who eat something different every morning, depending on what sounds good to them. And there are those who don't eat breakfast at all. Therefore, you're not weird or wrong. She can be only the one thing and you be all of the things...and both can be true and very much right for each of you!
Thank you
That’s exactly as I feel

You yourself said '...she has no idea.' Not sure why you would give her opinion any weight. If you want to switch...switch.

I don't know how common it is to switch...whether with the same person or with different people (e.g. D with one person, s with another person)...but there are definitely people who switch. You obviously don't need anyone telling you that though. It's not my thing but that's irrelevant.

It can even change in the middle of having sex. I might start out very aggressively using my lover, then somewhere in the mix, I'm being the one getting used and I'm completely submissive and subservient.

Yes! For some of us, it’s easy to enjoy either role. I like variety and I like playing both sides.

One of my stories uses this element where a couple takes turns playfully dominating each other. He starts out in charge, and they switch at some point, and she pays him back. I wrote the story because I enjoy the back and forth dynamic. If you are interested, here is Playful Power Play. It’s my shortest story, it's domination without heavy BDSM, and the plot is pretty light.

Of course it's OK. It's also fairly common, so I have no idea why this person would say that.

You yourself said '...she has no idea.' Not sure why you would give her opinion any weight. If you want to switch...switch.
This!
So my question is am I weird to like to switch?
That is not the same question as your ”Is it ok?” in the title.
Weird just means unusual and/or unexpected and to the large majority, a lot of these things that we do are weird.
That does not mean that it wouldn’t be ok or that you shouldn’t do it.

Being drunk I told a few tails of my sex life
Rarely if ever a good idea.
In general, drunk or sober, I find it good policy to be very restrictive with who gets to have an opinion on my shenanigans and even more restrictive with whose opinion I value.

This comment relates to Bdsm, not other sexual activities.

Don't bdsm drunk. Ever!

Yes, switching is fun. But I'm definitely a bottom. My partner tops from the bottom because I'm not naturally a top in bdsm play.

Last edited:
So my question is am I weird to like to switch? And does anyone else?
Not weird at all! If that were the case I'd be quite the weirdo! ;) I've been a switch for years and it's perfectly acceptable -- at least in the world of BDSM. I like being a switch since it has the advantage of being able to adapt to a potential partner's preferences. It also makes play more versatile and interesting, IMO.

Life ain’t black-and-white.

Giving and receiving works for me. Men and women work for me. Being dominant and submissive works for me.

I don’t care about labels. Ya like what ya like.

Nothing is "weird". As long as it works for both parties involved, it's good.

Back