The Nail Thread

Your cat is beautiful too. Such a sweet face an a lovely colour!

She's a bit more reddish in real life than any pics show her as. She looks either very orange or very dull brown in photos, when in reality she's warm light brown with maroon stripes, or something like that. As a kitten she was light brown with almost black stripes.

Nothing to do with nails, but this is her baby pic from the rescue site J got her from. She was found on Christmas Eve, in a church no less. J should have named her Jesus. :)

[ Irrational paranoia made me do it ]

Last edited:
Yeah, there's definitely some redness in the pic, but to me it looks more like orange, and she's not orange. It's a weird color. Most people, vets included, say that they havent' seen a cat colored like her before.

She has a kitty passport in case she wants to take up traveling. The description of her color waxes rather poetic. :)

Cute cat, con. This cat talk reminds me that there used to be a cat thread here way back when.

I'm going today.
Jade is the new black ( OPI) on my toes and I'm feeling kinda pink for my fingers...

http://opi.com/color/nail-lacquer

Oh, fun! (^.^) Jade will be so pretty. My nails are in a terrible state right now. There was just no taking care of them for a few days. Hm... Maybe a bubble bath and painting my nails needs to take place.
o(^_^)o

Oh, fun! (^.^) Jade will be so pretty. My nails are in a terrible state right now. There was just no taking care of them for a few days. Hm... Maybe a bubble bath and painting my nails needs to take place.
o(^_^)o

As an RN I get my nails done once a week. I wash my hands copiously and I keep my fingernails very short and natural shaped.
May get glitter nails, too.

I'll attempt a pic once again when I get home.

I love the names of OPI polish. Wouldn't that be a great job? Naming polish.

Affair in Red Square or I'm Not a Waitress are my go to reds.

I still have my red toes I got to support you. lol.
Time to change.

Although, like a good bra, I will always support you.

That's all I've been wearing since 6th grade

What good purples you all like?

I forgot to put this together.

Left to right: 1719 Glazy Sunday (matte), 1501 Rose Dust, 420 Lively Lilac, 954 Verbena, 1184 Tempest, 1701 Lie-Lac

Bottom row left to right: 1208 Berry Charm, 1700 Poisonberry, 1608 Royal Flush (2 step gel tech)

attachment.php

:) These are all really nice (I'm biased :p) colors. My favorites are Rose Dust, Royal Flush and Lively Lilac. I know you usually get your nails done, but most brands have similar colors.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 2
I'm not wearing polish right now. My nails are getting a long break because I managed to crack one while gardening on Sunday. It's not too bad so I'm letting it be, but if I needed to have nice nails, I would do a patch job with a tea bag. This tutorial is the easiest I've found and doesn't require nail glue (I don't own nail glue). It works pretty well and I managed to get through a really bad break once by doing this.

I just used this technique with great success! Hooray (*`°¤°´*)9

Ok, so I didn't really have the correct characters, but I tried for Meek's sake :D

I forgot to put this together.

Left to right: 1719 Glazy Sunday (matte), 1501 Rose Dust, 420 Lively Lilac, 954 Verbena, 1184 Tempest, 1701 Lie-Lac

Bottom row left to right: 1208 Berry Charm, 1700 Poisonberry, 1608 Royal Flush (2 step gel tech)

attachment.php

:) These are all really nice (I'm biased :p) colors. My favorites are Rose Dust, Royal Flush and Lively Lilac. I know you usually get your nails done, but most brands have similar colors.

Verbena Temptest and Lielac
I like the bluey purps.

Ooh, I've seen this design on a site before and thought it looks really cool! It does. :)

I've been thinking about polka dot nails for a long time, but haven't excecuted it. Actually I saw your nail design when I googled how to make neat dots (and also found the bobby pin answer).

I've been sporting naked nails recently, but my fingers are itching for some color.

Very pretty!
There are tips at the end of that Wiki, and the very last tip is..
Before manicure dip your hands for 15 minutes in milk.
:confused: What does this do?

Ooh, I've seen this design on a site before and thought it looks really cool! It does. :)

I've been thinking about polka dot nails for a long time, but haven't excecuted it. Actually I saw your nail design when I googled how to make neat dots (and also found the bobby pin answer).

I've been sporting naked nails recently, but my fingers are itching for some color.

Did you see the tip about using a bandaid to make polka dots? Sounds fun!

Very pretty!
There are tips at the end of that Wiki, and the very last tip is..
Before manicure dip your hands for 15 minutes in milk.
:confused: What does this do?

Did you see the tip about using a bandaid to make polka dots? Sounds fun!

No idea on the milk. Maybe it softens the skin or cuticles or something? Didn't the old timey beauty people bathe in milk? :D

I did see the bandaid trick, but it's useless for me, because I can't remember when I've last seen a bandaid with holes. :)

No idea on the milk. Maybe it softens the skin or cuticles or something? Didn't the old timey beauty people bathe in milk? :D

I did see the bandaid trick, but it's useless for me, because I can't remember when I've last seen a bandaid with holes. :)

Yes, I believe the old timey beauty people bathed in either milk or blood :p

And I thought of that as well. No holes in my bandaids either :(

:)

I didn't look all the way at the bottom so I didn't know there was a tip for dipping hands in milk. I don't do this, but I do make a powdered milk/honey face mask that softens, exfoliates and moisturizers. I imagine the milk dip is for softening and such.

And thank you (*^_^*)

I actually painted my fingernails. It might last the night if I am lucky.

Really dodgy picture, the polish I am ting o gold is what's on my toes. No obvious connection between the two, I just wanted to wear both of them.

Well, did it last? :)

The color looks nice on you. I'm really shy about warm and especially yellow tones. Even the golds I wear are kind of pale and bleak. I think I should venture outside my comfort zone more.

I tried the tape thing on my nails. I completely screwed up my left hand, because I didn't let it dry long enough before removing the tapes. The right hand I screwed up, because I couldn't get the tape on the same angle and same percentage on each nail. Oh, well.

I guess I'll have to try this again some time for hopefully better results.

Back