The Mansion

Ish heard someone drilling as he finally woke up a bit refreshed and smiling. "Woah woah what's the dea- oh." He said walking in.

The screws were withdrawn. The drill set aside. She opened the door and slipped inside. Heaven help her. Maybe she should have left a message that if she wasn't seen within a few hours, to get Logan on it.

Sneaking down to Mo's lab was a hair-raising experience because you just never knew what you were going to find or run into. After what seemed like hours searching and finding nothing, she feared the wily resident crazy scientist had hid everything but she had a plan. She had spent the evening Googling "How to make a ray gun for anime bunnies". The schematic was now in her possession. What she was looking for, was parts. Drawers were opened and a few items taken. Cabinets were gone through and more items taken. By the time she had gone through his whole lab, she had enough parts to build her own. Careful she left the lab and headed for her office where she laid all the parts on her desk. Opening a drawer in her desk, she removed the anime bunny schematic and started building.

:: I walk back into my lab to see DW at my desk staring down at something. As I approach, I see her plans and something about anime bunnies. I smirk and say, :: Of all the fetishes I would imagine you might have... anime bunnies never crossed my mind. I have an already completed one that covers anime bunnies, tigers, lemurs, turtles, porcupines, jackals, beetles and butterflies. :: Opens one of my cabinets and pulls an anime gun and sets it next to her and said, :: What are you going to do with it?

View attachment 2168394
He startled her. "Oh um," she glanced down to see the gun he set on the table beside her, "Well, thank you, Mo. I'll just take this all along...." she gathered everything, bits and pieces. The schematic and the gun he had set out and she hightailed it out of that lab as fast as she could. She didn't trust him. Hell, she didn't trust crazy.

:: watches her leave curiously :: You know... one day someone is going to need to be ray gunned... it's good to know the people who have the guns to do it... just sayin....

:: turns back to my work... a portal distabalizer field induction for DW's portal device... gonna make it open and toss her into the Arctic snowpacks.... ::
Nuts and bolts were left in her wake. She'd come back for those later. Right now she needed to stash the things in her arms and check out the gun Mo had given her. Nope. She never trusts crazy.

Taking his regular spot on the deck he sits back and relaxes. "I hope you all had a great day."

Ish slept in a bit more cause he was feeling kinna bored. Snoring logs can somewhat cure boredom but for how long. He then woke up in his room. "Man. That's kinna lame."

She had scrawled a hasty note to Ish and left it on the kitchen island. It simply read:

"Ish look after the Vixen. Will return shortly. I hope. DW"

Ish came in, he then saw a note left on the kitchen island area. He then read it, word for word. He nodded, heading over to his Ram Pickup Truck to drive over to the place DW said for him to look after.

The portal appeared and swirled in her kitchen. DW stepped through with a sigh, dismissing it.

"Crazy ass scientist," she muttered as she fixed herself a cup of coffee. "I can't handle more than one Mo before coffee. Nope. Not going to happen. That reminds me."

She rummaged around in a kitchen draw, took out her drill and bits and headed for Mo lab door, coffee in hand. She screwed the damn door closed again.

"Worse than a damn teenager. With them, you take off a door. With Mo, you have to screw the door closed."

She sighed, picked up her coffee cup and headed outside to enjoy her backyard.

Ish, slept in his room for days and waking up to walk around and not sleep all day too. He was truly driven to indulge in waking up to a sly yet quiet early morning.

Ish, drove back to the mansion as he then came from the Vixen to return here to see what was new. The place may have been quiet, but the Vixen was extremely quiet. Things have been too quiet, maybe if he came around here things would be a bit equally booming.

They decided to close the Vixen's doors once more. Times were different then they had once been. Perhaps, sometime, whenever that was, they could open them again. Time waits on no man.
The mansion had been decorated for the holidays. She, of course, had been baking and cooking up a storm and now, on this cold, snowy Christmas morning, she sat in front of the roaring fire and sipped her coffee, contemplating a good many things....

Merry Christmas to One and All.
I hope this day brings laughter and joy to you and yours.
Be safe. Be happy. Be wise.

DW~

Ish awoke in his room in the mansion, as he felt a bit of a small cold, but slowly getting a bit better. He had a mild cough as he sipped water and some daytime medicine. He headed downstairs. This year had good moments indeed but also came with some bad ones too, but he comtemplated on the good things more. No matter, he smelt some good baking and cooking. Which was a bit reminiscent of home.

Oh, my how time flies by. How long has it been since I stepped into my home?

Setting my bags inside the door, I slowly close it, shrugging off the light jacket I was wearing. Setting the jacket on the two suitcases, I kicked off my shoes and padded into the Great Room. The ladies have done a fantastic job of upkeep. A raise comes to mind as I settle down and curl up in my favorite chair, thinking about my blessings. ~

She walked her garden, stopping to smell what roses still bloomed. Winter, so far, had been strange this year. There were many days when it was very warm for winter, then there were other days when it was quite cold. She looked forward to Spring however.

*a shape parts from the shadows, amber eyes flashing, even as if it seems the light itself is being absorbed into midnight black fur, a low growl, the click of claws loud in the silence, the wolfs ears perked forward as he stares at the missing half of his soul, nose twitching as he scents the air, staring at her*

She felt a tingle at the back of her neck and smiled slowly.

"Greetings, Mate. I wondered how long it was going to take for you to show up."

She turned slowly to face her mate, still smiling.

*a low growl rumbled from his chest as he padded closer, the wolf brushed his body against her legs, head tilted up to look at her, tail swaying behind him lightly*

*a low growl rumbled from his chest as he padded closer, the wolf brushed his body against her legs, head tilted up to look at her, tail swaying behind him lightly*
She smiled. Her fingers reached out and scritched under his chin before ruffling the fur on his head.

"Coming home to roost for a bit, Wolf?"

She smiled. Her fingers reached out and scritched under his chin before ruffling the fur on his head.

"Coming home to roost for a bit, Wolf?"

*the wolfs eyes drift closed and he presses his head into her hand, growling contently at the scratches, pressing his big body against her legs, his tongue flicking out to lick at her wrist as she ruffles his fur, his eyes looking up at her intently*

Back