Rosemary’s Baby

"A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night" was interesting. Filmed in California to get around Iranian restrictions on film-making, but set in a fictional Iranian city.

But I love other vaguely contemporary movies.

Chinatown (1974)

Rear Window (1954)

The Seventh Seal (1957)

Vertigo (1958)

Rashomon (1950)

Tokyo Story (1953)

And ones from much earlier:

Casablanca (1942)

Springtime in a Small Town (1948)

Em
You have a much broader term of what constitutes "vaguely temporary" than I do

I would never consider Rosemary's Baby and Casablanca to be in any way contemporary.

They were made roughly 26 years apart.
That's like me calling calling the original Jurassic Park contemporary with the second Jurassic World film.

Or the Coneheads contemporary with The Rise of Skywalker.

😂 I'm mostly teasing, but just because media came from the LONG AGO times, doesn't make them contemporary.

You have a much broader term of what constitutes "vaguely temporary" than I do

I would never consider Rosemary's Baby and Casablanca to be in any way contemporary.

They were made roughly 26 years apart.
That's like me calling calling the original Jurassic Park contemporary with the second Jurassic World film.

Or the Coneheads contemporary with The Rise of Skywalker.

😂 I'm mostly teasing, but just because media came from the LONG AGO times, doesn't make them contemporary.
To be fair, I didn’t say the 1940s stuff was contemporary. And I called the 1950s - 1970s stuff vaguely contemporary. As I say, that’s all kinda labelled “ancient history.”

Em

To be fair, I didn’t say the 1940s stuff was contemporary. And I called the 1950s - 1970s stuff vaguely contemporary. As I say, that’s all kinda labelled “ancient history.”

Em
My mother would be jumping up and down (shakily), steam out of her ears and frothing at the mouth to hear you describe all that as 'ancient history', young lady!

My mother would be jumping up and down (shakily), steam out of her ears and frothing at the mouth to hear you describe all that as 'ancient history', young lady!
Please send her my heartfelt apologies 😊.

Em

Back