Ron Paul speaks the truth...

Are there any female Libertarians?

i used to work for one. she was also a lesbian. i'm pretty sure those two facts are connected. the libertarian party was pro-gay marriage back in the 70's before anyone had any right to think it was a realistic possibility.

of course, i have no idea if she's still a libertarian because that was like ten years ago, but there you go.

i used to work for one. she was also a lesbian. i'm pretty sure those two facts are connected. the libertarian party was pro-gay marriage back in the 70's before anyone had any right to think it was a realistic possibility.

of course, i have no idea if she's still a libertarian because that was like ten years ago, but there you go.

That's why it always pisses me off when people insinuate that libertarians are sexist or racist. That has absolutely no bearing in any objective reality. We just want everybody to do what they want.

It's hard to say. Women are always underrepresented in politics (they make up approximately 80 out of 435 in the House and 17 out of 100 in the Senate), so that's probably part of it. Also, I think there's a lot of misunderstanding about libertarianism floating around. Some probably view it a sexist and/or racist ideology, which is opposite of the truth. That's all just conjecture, though. I don't have any hard numbers.

I'm not sure what you're actually saying here. The lack of representation statement is just silly. Other than that are you thinking that men have an easier time than women processing the suggestion of racism and sexism for whatever reason? That doesn't really make sense anyway since Republicans are under a similar cloud, but there are lots of women behind their banner. Finding Libertarian women takes a lot more effort. Actually I'd bet that most women who advocate Libertarianism don't have children.

I didn't know that about their historic gay-marriage stance. Or maybe I did and just forgot.

I'm not sure what you're actually saying here. The lack of representation statement is just silly. Other than that are you thinking that men have an easier time than women processing the suggestion of racism and sexism for whatever reason? That doesn't really make sense anyway since Republicans are under a similar cloud, but there are lots of women behind their banner. Finding Libertarian women takes a lot more effort. Actually I'd bet that most women who advocate Libertarianism don't have children.

My point is that finding libertarian anybody takes a lot more effort. The libertarian candidate got about one million votes in the 2012 U.S. presidential election. Couple that with the misconceptions, and what are you left with?

What do you think the reason is? You seem to be suggesting that the party is anti-female.

My point is that finding libertarian anybody takes a lot more effort. The libertarian candidate got about one million votes in the 2012 U.S. presidential election. Couple that with the misconceptions, and what are you left with?

What do you think the reason is? You seem to be suggesting that the party is anti-female.

I know women who've declared themselves communist, green, both minority opinions, but no Libs.

I've never heard any of the misconceptions myself, so I still don't know what you mean by that.

And nope, I'm really asking. It seems very strange to me, doesn't is seem strange to you?

I know women who've declared themselves communist, green, both minority opinions, but no Libs.

I've never heard any of the misconceptions myself, so I still don't know what you mean by that.

And nope, I'm really asking. It seems very strange to me, doesn't is seem strange to you?

Well, I gave you my opinion already. If I knew the answer, I'd tell you.

Why do certain groups support certain political parties disproportionally? Why do Asians vote democrat by a wide margin? Who knows? Maybe it's a psychological thing.

Well, I gave you my opinion already. If I knew the answer, I'd tell you.

Why do certain groups support certain political parties disproportionally? Why do Asians vote democrat by a wide margin? Who knows? Maybe it's a psychological thing.

When you throw up your hands at this line of questioning it makes your "most liberals are idealists" statements kind of droll.

Has anyone actually sat down and tried to read atlas shrugged?

It's one of the worst written books I've ever picked up. Like, Twilight bad.

When you throw up your hands at this line of questioning it makes your "most liberals are idealists" statements kind of droll.

That makes no sense. Because I can't explain why you don't know any female libertarians, that makes me an idealist?

Has anyone actually sat down and tried to read atlas shrugged?

It's one of the worst written books I've ever picked up. Like, Twilight bad.

It's not very good. I don't even agree with all of Rand's philosophy, to be honest. She's like Epicurus without the good taste.

That makes no sense. Because I can't explain why you don't know any female libertarians, that makes me an idealist?

I said when you have to throw up your hands up at a question like "where are the female supporters?", then you're an idealist for thinking that your political ideology works or is going anywhere.

If you actually know a ton of female libertarians I don't know why you didn't say that in the first place.

I said when you have to throw up your hands up at a question like "where are the female supporters?", then you're an idealist for thinking that your political ideology works or is going anywhere.

If you actually know a ton of female libertarians I don't know why you didn't say that in the first place.

Who says that I think it's going anywhere? I think we might be able to get 5% of the vote some day, but I will most likely never see a libertarian president in my lifetime. I've said many times that politicians will be allowed to drive my country into the ground long before the voter will do anything to stop it. The fact that there are few women in the movement has no bearing on whether or not it would work.

You're trying hard to paint me as a hypocrite, but you're really just using a bunch of fallacies that prove nothing.

Who says that I think it's going anywhere? I think we might be able to get 5% of the vote some day, but I will most likely never see a libertarian president in my lifetime. I've said many times that politicians will be allowed to drive my country into the ground long before the voter will do anything to stop it. The fact that there are few women in the movement has no bearing on whether or not it would work.

You're trying hard to paint me as a hypocrite, but you're really just using a bunch of fallacies that prove nothing.

wow are you ever a loser!

It was an observation not an accusation. And yes, the politics that you hold dear are idealist ones. It's okay to admit it you know.

It was an observation not an accusation. And yes, the politics that you hold dear are idealist ones. It's okay to admit it you know.

I guess that's your opinion, though I don't see how the belief that small government is better than big government could be construed as idealism.

Back