For those who carefully save their money, would you splurge if you met the right person...

Beandip478

Really Experienced
I have been saving every penny for decades. I have real financial discipline and it has paid off. Just now though, I met someone who excites me sexually so much that I'm seriously considering flying them to a nearby city, booking a room in a nice hotel for a couple of nights, treating the person to meals at nice restaurants, etc.
Now, I have never done this, and have a few thoughts on the matter. I am a 59 year old man, and it has occurred to me that in the course of most men's lives, when they have met a woman they have really liked, they have most likely spent some money wining and dining her, buying her gifts--not suggesting the woman should be objectified, but the best things in life are not free, and it invariably is expected of a gentleman that he spend more money than her normally would. As I said, I never have, so maybe I should just shrug and say to myself, this is normal.
Obviously, in such a situation, since you can't know in advance how it's going to turn out, or who the other person will turn out to truly be, but if you don't chance it, you'll never know, and will perhaps have missed out on could have been the beginning of a great relationship.
So, there it is. I am not in the habit of spending money, but I might have found myself in a situation where I have to risk spending a certain amount, not knowing whether it will prove worth it in the end.

I guess if you have it, use it.

At this point, I wouldn't want to be flown anywhere, or fly anyone here. But as I get older, it'll probably change.

If you think you would enjoy spending time with this person enough to want to treat them to a nice meal, then do it.

If you think that the amount you spend on a date directly correlates with the access you are entitled to their body, just skip it all and leave them alone.

H000rs are a much more economical and fiscally prudent outlet for your wanton needs. They don't require dinner or being chatted up, and they leave!!!

That's the bestest part.

:)

I have been saving every penny for decades. I have real financial discipline and it has paid off. Just now though, I met someone who excites me sexually so much that I'm seriously considering flying them to a nearby city, booking a room in a nice hotel for a couple of nights, treating the person to meals at nice restaurants, etc.
Now, I have never done this, and have a few thoughts on the matter. I am a 59 year old man, and it has occurred to me that in the course of most men's lives, when they have met a woman they have really liked, they have most likely spent some money wining and dining her, buying her gifts--not suggesting the woman should be objectified, but the best things in life are not free, and it invariably is expected of a gentleman that he spend more money than her normally would. As I said, I never have, so maybe I should just shrug and say to myself, this is normal.
Obviously, in such a situation, since you can't know in advance how it's going to turn out, or who the other person will turn out to truly be, but if you don't chance it, you'll never know, and will perhaps have missed out on could have been the beginning of a great relationship.
So, there it is. I am not in the habit of spending money, but I might have found myself in a situation where I have to risk spending a certain amount, not knowing whether it will prove worth it in the end.
people have been doing it since time began, so do it.

That way, you'll know whether it was worth it or not instead of just sitting around the house and wondering.

And all this from the same person that was complaining about how women expect men to spend money on them.

https://forum.literotica.com/thread...her-pay-sites-have-ruined-everything.1576467/

If you have never done it before, think how it will make you feel. Although she will benefit, don't think of it as fee for service, or pay as you go

Think how you will feel in a luxury hotel.
How will you feel after sharing a special meal?
If you bring flowers, how will you feel seeing the look on her face.

I have FWB who is very special to me.
For his birthday, I rented us a daytime hotel room. We live more than an hour apart, and sometimes have to be very careful of time. So the hotel was 10 minutes from his house. Almost all of our time was spent together. He is quite tall and room had a king bed.

It was worth every penny to see him there. He enjoyed it, which was very obvious is words and actions.

I would splurge and fly myself somewhere and have for certain friends, I may pick up a couple nights hotel or bnb if the come to see me, but I would not completely paid for an unknown or somewhat known individual for several reasons.
This is how people get robbed, trafficked and/or killed. Either the host or the person being flown in.
It creates an uneven power dynamic in the relationship that can never really be overcome later. Also one should start a relationship as if they mean to go in. Spending an amount of money on someone as a one off thing and not how you normally life is not a great basis for a relationship and gives a false impression of how you live or how future life with you would be.
It’s too much of a risk, even for me and I am a pretty big risk taker with relationships.
If possible, I try and meet in a neutral space or somewhere I have ties to. If the other person has less money I may meet closer to their place than mine.
Depending on your culture, rules of hospitality kick in, in mine if I have a guest i do entertain and feed them but not spending more money on them than I would normally spend on myself.
if this is a mail order bride or something along those lines , consider what circumstances would lead a person to be in that position, and be honest with yourself that you are saving a person from a worse life and this is not a love relationship, it may develop into something over time, but you will never really know for sure.
If it’s just a hook up for sex, a treat for yourself, enjoy.

Last edited:
people have been doing it since time began, so do it.

That way, you'll know whether it was worth it or not instead of just sitting around the house and wondering.

And all this from the same person that was complaining about how women expect men to spend money on them.

https://forum.literotica.com/thread...her-pay-sites-have-ruined-everything.1576467/
In that case, it sounds like he like it’s just a financial exchange and a kind charming guy can get sex for a Chinese meal or a picnic, his cost will depend on his other qualities or lack of them.
He should also make it clear if he expects sex from this outlay of cash, I’m sure some women who might be interested would prefer the cash and it would save the cost of his meals.

Don't do things you aren't prepared to do throughout a relationship, otherwise she'll think she's fallen victim to a bate and switch.

You haven't said what you're saving the money for. What are you saving it for?

And you haven't said anything to make me confident that your online friend isn't a catfisher. Don't get scammed.

As long as you're willing to spend money to enrich your life with great experiences, and you're confident that this person is who you hope she is, go for it.

Back