I Have a Question Regarding My Limp or Semi-Limp Penis Issue

Nightspeed

Ex-virgin since 1983
This is an edited copy/paste of a post I made on another forum, but thought I'd get the thoughts from a broader audience.

I have a question. I have had ED going back to 2010, and the most I can achieve is getting to about half way hard anymore. When my "stuff" worked, I was about 6 1/2" in length and a little thicker than average. I've tried all of the ED medications to little or no effect at all. My insurance won't cover any of the usual methods to rectify my issue and I can't pay out of pocket for them. Now, at most I get about 4 1/2", it's firmer but still soft, but I can still masturbate or have someone else jerk me off or suck my dick and get off (at least theoretically. Haven't been given head to find out), often with copious amounts of semen. What's everyone's opinion on dicks like mine? Is there anyone out there who would still suck a cock without it being fully hard? Everyone mentions how much they love the feel of a hard dick in their mouth. Also, since I can't engage in actual intercourse anymore, it is also something that bothers me a lot because I worry that most partners would be turned off by that. My ex-gf became alright with it very early in our relationship because I could compensate with my hands and mouth and never failed to give her multiple orgasms every time we were together.

So, anyway, thoughts?

Last edited:
This is an edited copy/paste of a post I made on another forum, but thought I'd get the thoughts from a broader audience.

I have a question. I have had ED going back to 2010, and the most I can achieve is getting to about half way hard anymore. When my "stuff" worked, I was about 6 1/2" in length and a little thicker than average. I've tried all of the ED medications to little or no effect at all. My insurance won't cover any of the usual methods to rectify my issue and I can't pay out of pocket for them. Now, at most I get about 4 1/2", it's firmer but still soft, but I can still masturbate or have someone else jerk me off or suck my dick and get off (at least theoretically. Haven't been given head to find out), often with copious amounts of semen. What's everyone's opinion on dicks like mine? Are there women (or men..or anyone!) out there who would still suck my cock without it being fully hard? Everyone mentions how much they love the feel of a hard dick in their mouth. Also, since I can't engage in actual intercourse anymore, it is also something that bothers me a lot because I worry that most partners would be turned off by that. My ex-gf became alright with it very early in our relationship because I could compensate with my hands and mouth and never failed to give her multiple orgasms every time we were together.

So, anyway, thoughts?
I think you might discover that we are much less concerned about the state of your penis than you are. :)

I have a question. I have had ED going back to 2010, and the most I can achieve is getting to about half way hard anymore. When my "stuff" worked, I was about 6 1/2" in length and a little thicker than average. I've tried all of the ED medications to little or no effect at all. My insurance won't cover any of the usual methods to rectify my issue and I can't pay out of pocket for them. Now, at most I get about 4 1/2", it's firmer but still soft, but I can still masturbate or have someone else jerk me off or suck my dick and get off (at least theoretically. Haven't been given head to find out), often with copious amounts of semen. What's everyone's opinion on dicks like mine? Are there women (or men..or anyone!) out there who would still suck my cock without it being fully hard? Everyone mentions how much they love the feel of a hard dick in their mouth. Also, since I can't engage in actual intercourse anymore, it is also something that bothers me a lot because I worry that most partners would be turned off by that. My ex-gf became alright with it very early in our relationship because I could compensate with my hands and mouth and never failed to give her multiple orgasms every time we were together.

So, anyway, thoughts?
I'm in a similar situation as yourself. I can no longer get an erection sufficient to fuck with. However with the right stimulation, hand or oral, I do ejaculate, copiously. I satisfy my wife with toys and tongue. She says this is enough for her but I'd love for her to take a lover as I'm sure she misses the feel of being fucked by a hard cock. Also, if she picked a bi guy I could have the pleasure of someone different sucking me off, as well as watching her have fun. I do miss the feel of my cock going into a woman but I have to say I'm reasonably content with my sex life.

I'm in a similar situation as yourself. I can no longer get an erection sufficient to fuck with. However with the right stimulation, hand or oral, I do ejaculate, copiously. I satisfy my wife with toys and tongue. She says this is enough for her but I'd love for her to take a lover as I'm sure she misses the feel of being fucked by a hard cock. Also, if she picked a bi guy I could have the pleasure of someone different sucking me off, as well as watching her have fun. I do miss the feel of my cock going into a woman but I have to say I'm reasonably content with my sex life.
I was very satisfied with the sex life I shared with my ex-gf. We only saw each other one weekend every four to six weeks and would spend the whole weekend having sex, with breaks for food...lol

I think you might discover that we are much less concerned about the state of your penis than you are. :)

I would agree. I have two partners who have difficulty in getting hard, and it doesn't bother me at all. I chose them, not the condition of their dick.
I would also point out we don't talk about CD or VD - and I don't mean venereal disease. Women know how it feels not to be able to get off. A quick google search quoted that 50% of women don't have an O during intercourse. Ten to fifteen percent of women have never orgasmed. So why would we begrudge helping you out when you are able to O, even if it is in a modified form? Especially if you are considerate enough to make adaptations to help us out.
I'm just getting back into the dating game and have been grateful to have had experiences that explore how my body has changed getting into menopause. And I appreciate when I can say I'm having difficulty getting off because of all the nerve medication i'm on. Having a partner who understands and is willing to work with me is important, because then I can enjoy myself. If he is determined to give me an O, it puts pressure on me about why I'm not. My partner with ED gets it - and doesn't put pressure on me, so I'm able to enjoy being with him. Because even without an O, having sex in some form feel really good, and it's really fulfilling. Okay, so we have to use toys - at least we haven't given up on sexual gratification.
Me, personally? I wouldn't say I *like* giving oral to a semi-hard dick, but I do find that sometimes I enjoy myself more. i can get more of him in my mouth, I know he is enjoying it and I don't have to worry about choking. Actually, I had my second partner on Monday - and it was really hot. He held my head against him when he came. I couldn't do that if he had been fully hard, but it worked for both of us.
So it's not all tragedy...

I would agree. I have two partners who have difficulty in getting hard, and it doesn't bother me at all. I chose them, not the condition of their dick.
I would also point out we don't talk about CD or VD - and I don't mean venereal disease. Women know how it feels not to be able to get off. A quick google search quoted that 50% of women don't have an O during intercourse. Ten to fifteen percent of women have never orgasmed. So why would we begrudge helping you out when you are able to O, even if it is in a modified form? Especially if you are considerate enough to make adaptations to help us out.
I'm just getting back into the dating game and have been grateful to have had experiences that explore how my body has changed getting into menopause. And I appreciate when I can say I'm having difficulty getting off because of all the nerve medication i'm on. Having a partner who understands and is willing to work with me is important, because then I can enjoy myself. If he is determined to give me an O, it puts pressure on me about why I'm not. My partner with ED gets it - and doesn't put pressure on me, so I'm able to enjoy being with him. Because even without an O, having sex in some form feel really good, and it's really fulfilling. Okay, so we have to use toys - at least we haven't given up on sexual gratification.
Me, personally? I wouldn't say I *like* giving oral to a semi-hard dick, but I do find that sometimes I enjoy myself more. i can get more of him in my mouth, I know he is enjoying it and I don't have to worry about choking. Actually, I had my second partner on Monday - and it was really hot. He held my head against him when he came. I couldn't do that if he had been fully hard, but it worked for both of us.
So it's not all tragedy...
Sorry I'm only now replying to this, but for some reason I didn't see it until now. Thank you very much for the encouragement and sharing your experiences with me. Finding your note tonight was a much-needed boost of good vibes!

I have a question. I have had ED going back to 2010, and the most I can achieve is getting to about half way hard anymore. When my "stuff" worked, I was about 6 1/2" in length and a little thicker than average. I've tried all of the ED medications to little or no effect at all. My insurance won't cover any of the usual methods to rectify my issue and I can't pay out of pocket for them. Now, at most I get about 4 1/2", it's firmer but still soft, but I can still masturbate or have someone else jerk me off or suck my dick and get off (at least theoretically. Haven't been given head to find out), often with copious amounts of semen. What's everyone's opinion on dicks like mine? Is there anyone out there who would still suck a cock without it being fully hard? Everyone mentions how much they love the feel of a hard dick in their mouth. Also, since I can't engage in actual intercourse anymore, it is also something that bothers me a lot because I worry that most partners would be turned off by that. My ex-gf became alright with it very early in our relationship because I could compensate with my hands and mouth and never failed to give her multiple orgasms every time we were together.

So, anyway, thoughts?

Get checked for diabetes or heart problems. Plaque build up in one or more of your blood vessels can narrow or get blocked including ones that deliver blood to your penis. It's called atherosclerosis and is your body's way of telling you there's something wrong.
But in the mean time not many women would complain about cunnilingus all the time.

To piggyback off of Rainblow’s suggestion,

Get fit. If you smoke, stop. While we’re at it, if you‘re drinking, lay off the booze. You’ve heard it before and if you’re like me you don’t want to hear it…but it helps.

Go see your doc and he’ll get you pointed in the right direction.

Get checked for diabetes or heart problems. Plaque build up in one or more of your blood vessels can narrow or get blocked including ones that deliver blood to your penis. It's called atherosclerosis and is your body's way of telling you there's something wrong.
But in the mean time not many women would complain about cunnilingus all the time.
Well, that's good, because I truly love giving my partner oral sex!

Also get your low back checked. I had stenosis with effect on nerves that affected things. My first two doctors never figured this out. Get more than one medical opinion. Remember that most doctors see you for 10 minutes and go with the most common explanation. Take care of yourself as noted above BUT always get that second opinion. I wish you all better health!

Also get your low back checked. I had stenosis with effect on nerves that affected things. My first two doctors never figured this out. Get more than one medical opinion. Remember that most doctors see you for 10 minutes and go with the most common explanation. Take care of yourself as noted above BUT always get that second opinion. I wish you all better health!
I do have a really messed up lower back. I'll do it. Thanks!

I would second this, but also look at vascular issues. One of my partners had a 95% blockage in his illiac artery, and never knew his cardiologist would only look at his heart, nothing else.
And since he is an older gent, it was a little close for comfort with my frequent line that I didn't want to deal with him dead in my bed.
So seriously, if you want to have a care for those of us who see beyond ED, please make sure you check out why you have ED in the first place, rather than just assuming or taking it for granted.

I would second this, but also look at vascular issues. One of my partners had a 95% blockage in his illiac artery, and never knew his cardiologist would only look at his heart, nothing else.
And since he is an older gent, it was a little close for comfort with my frequent line that I didn't want to deal with him dead in my bed.
So seriously, if you want to have a care for those of us who see beyond ED, please make sure you check out why you have ED in the first place, rather than just assuming or taking it for granted.
Thank you. I'm not diabetic and have had one heart attack though it wasn't caused by clogged arteries, so those two are pretty much off the list as possibilities and I see my cardiologist yearly to make sure things are ok. I do have high blood pressure, though, and the meds I take could quite likely be a factor. I do have an appointment with my GP next week, so I'll talk to her about it some more.

Thank you. I'm not diabetic and have had one heart attack though it wasn't caused by clogged arteries, so those two are pretty much off the list as possibilities and I see my cardiologist yearly to make sure things are ok. I do have high blood pressure, though, and the meds I take could quite likely be a factor. I do have an appointment with my GP next week, so I'll talk to her about it some more.
If you have high BP, definitely ask about the illiac. Or the carotid or parts of the vacsular system. My partner was having issues walking, but I don't think his BP was outrageous. But, the second thing is vacsular surgeon has was "How are you erections?"
Well, okay doc, "I am in my 70s," all the while thinking this was really nice unexpected potential move in the right direction for his sex life! The stress test for his stent surgery wound up getting him heart surgery!
I haven't found out personally what the effect on his erections are yet. 😈

Thanks for the advice, I've been type two diabetic for twelve years and have been fully checked out and monitored for circulatory problems. I've tried the little blue pills as well, they don't work for me. As I said in my post, I'm content with my lot.

Back