The most evil person in history

DreamingOfMyEx

Really Really Experienced
I want to know whom you consider the most evil person in history.

(but first, let's take care of some administrative issues)
- I suspect many people would immediately respond with "Hitler" - and I mean no offense by this but I would prefer this be given more thought than that. So let's eliminate him as a candidate. If you prefer, think of this as "who besides Hitler is the most evil person in history" - and the good news is, you can still name a Nazi.
- I placed this in the General category instead of Politics for a couple of reasons. First, while the most evil person in history is/was probably a politician, that is not necessarily the case. Second, the Politics category tends to attract people who only want to argue, insult and spread the hate and disinformation. I'd prefer we keep this civil for as long as possible. (I can dream, can't I?)

So, on to the challenge:

Well, that was basically it. Who (besides Hitler) is the most evil person in history.

However, don't just give a name, but back up your response with things like numbers of people killed, or enslaved, perhaps the long-term damage caused, etc. Also, please consider whether or not the person "knew or should have known" the evil they were doing. (If I purposefully poison the water supply and kill a million people, that might be considered evil. If I accidentally knock over a vial in a laboratory and a million people die as a result, I probably didn't intend for that to happen.)

Also, I am not suggesting by what criteria you decide someone is "evil" - it isn't just number of people killed, it could instead be based on the heinousness of the acts committed. Perhaps even the intent of the actions, rather than the results. You decide what you want to consider "most evil".

Also, we're talking about real people who we know or have reason to believe existed (as people) - that eliminates Satan, Zeus, that guy from Silence of the Lambs, and most Bond villians. Let's also eliminate Dr. Evil (since I think - but can't be sure - he was really Mike Myers in disguise).

If you are responding to something someone else wrote, please make it clear to whom you are responding.

PLEASE keep it civil. Realize if you participate, someone here might name Stalin, while someone else names Churchill. You can disagree and provide evidence to back up your claim, but keep it civil.

If you're going to get offended, then don't participate.

Also, if you want to steal my idea and post it in the Politics forum, go for it.

Last edited:
Welp my top villain is Anthony Fauci......performing test with experimental aids vaccines on orphaned negro children. Then quoted "I like using orphans because if they die no one cares." Adding that resmesvadear must be used in all hospitalized covid patients... knowing full the dangers of the stuff. Quite possibly the most prolific mass murderer/serial killer
Am I allowed honorable mention? Or runner up? If so that would be xiping/winni the poo leader of china...

Am I allowed honorable mention? Or runner up?
Sure, why not? As Eric Cartman said, "I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down."

Thank you for this, the first serious contribution. (Well, I'm sure PintlerMan was serious, but he didn't contribute a reason for his selection.)

Allegedly many believe it was that Satanist of note Aleister Crowley but I think he was morelikely in it for the wild sexy parties than really believing his black masses would actually do anything.

Welp my top villain is Anthony Fauci......performing test with experimental aids vaccines on orphaned negro children. Then quoted "I like using orphans because if they die no one cares." Adding that resmesvadear must be used in all hospitalized covid patients... knowing full the dangers of the stuff. Quite possibly the most prolific mass murderer/serial killer
Am I allowed honorable mention? Or runner up? If so that would be xiping/winni the poo leader of china...
So, you've never heard of Josef Mengele? he was far worse. Go do some research on him.

So, you've never heard of Josef Mengele? he was far worse. Go do some research on him.
Hey there, oh yes.... I know who mengele was. One of the most sadistic sons of bitchs ever to exist. When I nominated Fauci for the most evil I was thinking in terms of body count. His crimes are global in scale. That and in the coming years, only then will we realize the extent of death and misery he brought to the human race.....
What I like about this thread is it's just someone's opinion.... different views, different thoughts.... how cool is that ;)

Thanks to all for your contributions.

I tend to think that for Crowley the whole rejection of his heritage was all a gimick to shock people (a "hey, everybody notice me" thing) and make money.

Mengele was one of dozens of doctors at Auschwitz who performed inhumane experiements on people. It's doubtful he was any worse than the others, but he stood out in memory because of his practice of watching the selection process even though he wasn't actively participating.

It's interesting when we talk of deaths of millions that it's impossible to come up with an even close estimate of the actual numbers. A million here, a million there ... we become numb to the difference in suffering that two million deaths brings as opposed to "only" a million deaths. As Stalin himself joked, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic. Even in an era where the recording of statistical data is easier, can we still trust the numbers? (I would insert references to political agendas here, but ... ) As Disraeli said - there are three types of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

It isn't as if accurate records were kept (or in the case of the Nazis, German efficiency might have dictated better records were kept, but they were destroyed prior to the end of the war.) So we are provided with things like "6 million Jews and 5 million others" based in the best information available. Stalin's policies were said to have killed between 6 million and 20 million. Chairman Mao is said to be responsible for anywhere from 25 million to 45 million deaths. These numbers include both executions and people who died (mostly from starvation) as a result of policies implemented. None of them include deaths from combat. (After all, then you have to debate who was at fault for starting the war, right?)

Along with this, you have to consider intent. Did Stalin and Mao intend for their policies to result in all those deaths, or were millions of deaths unintended consequences of their policies? How many died from Covid-19 worldwide? 6,941,095 as of the end of May, according to the World Health Organization. Can that number be trusted? Probably not, but it might be a more accurate number than "between 6 and 20 million". Who was responsible for Covid-19? If it was Fauci, was it all a result of evil intent? Did he intend for the virus to get loose? Even if the answer is no, did lack of a proper response in the early days (coverup, disinformation) result in a worse pandemic than we would have otherwise experienced? And just how "evil" is development of biological warfare agents? If it could be justified as a "necessary evil" because of the need to discourage other nations from employing their BW agents, how evil is funding development of biological warfare agents in a Marxist-Leninest dictatorship with the worst human rights record in history (and incidentally, is the generally-acknowleded number one military threat to your own country)?

I would love to hear your thoughts - not just agreeing with me or telling me I'm stupid - but perhaps other approaches to the answer that I and others have not considered.

If evil exists, it is a nonhuman trait. Wanting destruction or torture of all life or human life is not a survival trait. It is a very long and elaborate route to suicide. If evil nonhuman beings exist, then they could influence humans, with varying results. Why would they want to do that? The best explanation I have seen is demons are leftover beings from a previous world. They are too alien to reincarnate here, so they are condemned to exist forever noncorporeally in their loneliness and madness.

If evil exists, it is a nonhuman trait. Wanting destruction or torture of all life or human life is not a survival trait. It is a very long and elaborate route to suicide. If evil nonhuman beings exist, then they could influence humans, with varying results. Why would they want to do that? The best explanation I have seen is demons are leftover beings from a previous world. They are too alien to reincarnate here, so they are condemned to exist forever noncorporeally in their loneliness and madness.

Do you believe humans are capable of irrational thought? Perhaps this "long and elaborate route to suicide" (through destruction of all life on the planet, for instance) is the result of short-sightedness. I want it now and damn the consequences. Or, I want it and damn who gets hurt in the process. How many elitists are on record as saying there are alreay too many people in the world? I saw more than one reference to that back in the war. (The Covid-19 meme wars.)

Of course that selfishness or short-sightedness could be self-inflicted or it could be from "demonic" influence just as you indicated. Or maybe people are capable of evil. I'm reminded of Katherine Hepburn's line in The African Queen: "Human nature ... is what we were put in this world to rise above."

You'll notice I specifically left Satan off the list because otherwise he (or she) would be the only choice - except for all the people who wanted to argue that he (or she) didn't exist, or wasn't really that evil after all.

I would also suggest that he do some research on Anthony Fauci! From reliable sources, not some fringe lunatic anti-vax websites.

Is Fauci your pick, too? Or do you have someone else in mind for who is the most evil person in the history of the world?

Saint Ann, it looks like you narrowed down your selection to roughly half the people who have ever lived. Have you picked one yet?

LeeKee, Chernosoth, how about you?

Pee Wee Gaskins seemed pretty evil, but like a lot of serial killers, I have to doubt his sanity. Even if he Killed a hundred people in his lifetime, that was like a Tuesday for Chairman and Mrs. Mao. Even if they began with good intentions, the Maos had to know the scale of the deaths they were responsible for, but they continued.

Because they were in position to do so. Given the opportunity women will “achieve” as well, don’t bullshit yourself.
I believe the spirt of the question is 'currently evil', not potentially evil. :)

Blaming one person or a small group for national or international horror is easy. Hang that guy, case closed, resume trade. Killing millions of people was the sustained work of entire nations, usually with the support of other nations. Now with modern missiles and bombs, a head of state could order the destruction of entire cities in hours, but it is still the work of nations to build those military forces and put that head of state in office.

Back