Reimagine a a tired tale/cliché (sample attached for inspo)-comments welcome

sirensden

Virgin
The only limitation is that it HAS to be an overplayed concept. Something you have seen so often it’s become insufferably boring to you. My goal is to help spark your inspiration in the mundane, it takes a lot to breath new life into a long expired idea. However, figuring out how to flip a classic on its head and reintroduce it to an audience without it being stale is an excellent skill that I’ve found can assist our own unique ideas greatly as writers.

My cliché today is the damsel in distress and her knight in shining armor. I know, I know! I’m sick of it too. But that’s exactly why I have to use it for this exercise.

(Also, please no plagiarism of my work or concepts. It won’t help you as a writer and it only serves to break my heart. Let’s keep the Literotica community’s integrity in tact <3)

The Princess, The Knight, and The Insatiable Itch

In the ancient kingdom of Eschiah there lived a princess with an indelibly insatiable itch. Every night, while the rest of the village slept peacefully, she stayed wide awake- haunted by the unscratchable itch. She’d wracked her mind for years trying to discover the source of the itch in hopes of curing it but the only antidote that ever came to her mind was him. The boy she’d shared her first kiss with in the palace garden. She had hidden there to seek refuge from the smothering of the royal court when he stumbled upon her on his nightly walk. The moonlight encouraged their youthful urges as he took her in the bed of tulips, the dirt muddying her white dress and their moans filling the peaceful night. Ever since that fateful moment, her itch had tortured her endlessly.

Her burden was made no easier watching him train in the courtyard day after day. He was a becoming a fine young man and she’d often catch him looking at her when he thought she didn’t notice. Every now and then they’d hold each other’s gaze, their secret lingering in the heated eye contact. Alas, as Princess Mayai grew, so did her itch. It was a raging fire, eating her from the inside out and desperate to have its calls recognized.

Yet despite this desperation, her desire was rather picky in its fulfillment. She was the most coveted princess in their alliance so a shortage of suitors was no issue. There were plenty of eligible bachelors who’d give their weight in gold to scratch any itch she had but they just…weren’t enough. They weren’t him-that initial spark of her desire that was never allowed to finish its burn. And, since her father had sent him off on a quest of unknown length immediately after catching him sneaking to her quarters to fulfill their desire, she was beginning to feel rather hopeless about that opportunity ever occurring.

Per Lit guidelines: You may post short snippets (less than 3 paragraphs or so) for discussion. (Mod)

(to be continued)

Fairytales are a great starting point if you can’t think of a trope that easily because they’re chock full of the shit. They’re also surprisingly fun to recolor with erotic musings. Maybe Snow White and the seven dwarves changes into Snow White and the Seven Whores (non derogatory as I identify as one myself) and instead of stumbling across a cabin of sweet little elves; in that same magical forest she stumbles across a colony of sapphic nymphs who seduce every inch of that pale skin. Or perhaps the big bad wolf is actually a werewolf and every full moon he must fuck the literal soul out of three mortals to preserve his power. You can truly get as wild as you want. The only goal is to turn something old into something new. I can’t wait to see what y’all have in store. Happy writing :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back