Question to authors

Anton25

Really Really Experienced
I have a story that is approved for tomorrow under pending…I read it again, and noticed two small errors…is it ok to change it now OR will it go back the pending queue and lose NEW status? Has anyone tried this?

I have a story that is approved for tomorrow under pending…I read it again, and noticed two small errors…is it ok to change it now OR will it go back the pending queue and lose NEW status? Has anyone tried this?
Do not make changes to it. It will remove it from the New queue and put it at the end of the line. And with the Holiday comp ramping up, you may see longer than normal approval times.

Unless they are serious errors, leave them.

Do not make changes to it. It will remove it from the New queue and put it at the end of the line. And with the Holiday comp ramping up, you may see longer than normal approval times.

Unless they are serious errors, leave them.
Ok

At some point after publication, go back, fix your errors, and load the new and improved version. Or don't. I don't know if anyone ever has written a story error-free. The Fifty Shades series is filled with grammatical errors. Hunger Games is likewise not well written. That doesn't detract from the sales. Stephen King has continuity, grammatical, characters who vanish without explanation, and common sense errors in many of his stories. No one ever quit reading his books because of them.

At some point after publication, go back, fix your errors, and load the new and improved version. Or don't. I don't know if anyone ever has written a story error-free. The Fifty Shades series is filled with grammatical errors. Hunger Games is likewise not well written. That doesn't detract from the sales. Stephen King has continuity, grammatical, characters who vanish without explanation, and common sense errors in many of his stories. No one ever quit reading his books because of them
Thanks. I am just a rookie…

If it's NEW it means it's published, and over the line, and will go live at midnight. Two tiny errors? Leave it, don't bother, it's not worth the effort. You'd have to submit an edit, which will take a week or three.

Small errors? There's no error-free copy. Leave them as a lesson to review a bit better the next time. Your edit takes away from Laurel's attention to others getting their stories up the first time.

Just curious. Where did you find out that your story was approved and would be published tomorrow? Where is that advanced info given?

Just curious. Where did you find out that your story was approved and would be published tomorrow? Where is that advanced info given?
If you check in your pending tab - which I believe some authors do in an obsessive manner, not me of course 😬 - then a day before a story actually is published it gets a “New” sticker and the date of publication. Thats normally the next day, unless it’s queued for the beginning of a comp, when it will be the comp start date.

Em

If you check in your pending tab - which I believe some authors do in an obsessive manner, not me of course 😬 - then a day before a story actually is published it gets a “New” sticker and the date of publication. Thats normally the next day, unless it’s queued for the beginning of a comp, when it will be the comp start date.

Em
Thanks! Now I too can become one of those obsessive authors! I have a story pending for over a week now so have a place to check before hitting the bottle.

Back