Wondering about times of ‘pending’?

Mine has been pending for 9 days, even though my first two stories were published in 3 days max. I think it's fair given the waiting time is longer due to the holidays. Personally, I'll wait at least 4 days after the new year to start worrying.

My story is approved! 😁 15 days, hopefully it won’t take another 15 to be up on the website. 😬

Well, I have had a story rejected for AI. I objected. IT took them 2 weeks to ask me if I use some sort of AI editing program to rewrite me so it's back into review. I'm so pissed. This is the worst free story site I've ever published on. I've had them publish someone else's story in my story's place twice, and they took three weeks to get the replacement approved. The admins must hate me because most of my stuff spends a week in review, but some stories only a few days. I've had them publish a later part of a series before the part I uploaded a week before.

And I hope, for your sake (noting your account name), that you're not using AI in either your text or your images, because if you are, you might as pull it back and forget it, because it won't get published here, not with the site's current policies wrt AI.
You were exactly right. It was rejected due to the use of AI. I'll admit that I wasn't aware that using AI assistance while writing text was not allowed. I can understand why, to some extent, because AI-generated text can sound a bit generic. Still, it's the author who comes up with the story -- at least in my case it is. I used AI to generate grammatically correct sentences because English is not my first language. If I had to write everything myself it would take me 5-10 times more time and the result would be very poor. I am certain that I would never post anything. But it's their decision and I respect that.
Where I don't agree is when it comes to AI generated artwork or illustrations. It takes an enormous amount of time and effort to create an image that exactly fits a certain scene in a story. Besides, other graphical tools also allow you to create images without actually drawing by hand.
I was hoping to create some pictures for existing stories here on literotica, but it seems that's not possible under the current rules, which is a pity.

Where I don't agree is when it comes to AI generated artwork or illustrations. It takes an enormous amount of time and effort to create an image that exactly fits a certain scene in a story. Besides, other graphical tools also allow you to create images without actually drawing by hand.
I was hoping to create some pictures for existing stories here on literotica, but it seems that's not possible under the current rules, which is a pity.
The issue with AI illustrations is the copyright ownership of the content used to train the AI tools - that's never been attributed by the developers and is a major concern of artists.

Lit has taken the legally safe position of not allowing such content.

The issue with AI illustrations is the copyright ownership of the content used to train the AI tools - that's never been attributed by the developers and is a major concern of artists.

Lit has taken the legally safe position of not allowing such content.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Time for me to start fretting over my story. Submitted mine on Dec 29th. At least I'm not the only one 🫤

On contests and events/challenges, I've had a 27-hour turnaround, entering one late one night and going live at midnight (wherever) the following night. My first story on returning to this site a few years back took 6 days.

About two weeks ago, I submitted the first part of a story that was stuck in pending for eleven days.
This morning, I submitted the second part, and, four hours later, it got that little yellow "New"-tag and is, apparently, scheduled to come out tomorrow.

Talk about extremes...

How extremely fortunate for you.
About two weeks ago, I submitted the first part of a story that was stuck in pending for eleven days.
This morning, I submitted the second part, and, four hours later, it got that little yellow "New"-tag and is, apparently, scheduled to come out tomorrow.

Talk about extremes...

My new story has been pending for 11 days.
Usually my stories are posted under 48 hours.

My first two submissions were pending for a week though.
My edits usually take one or two weeks to be approved.
Once, one edit took over a month to be approved.

Back