Profile Pics How Much do you care about them?

I suppose it gives some slight insight into how that individual perceives themself, or what they consider important. Whether or not I agree might also bias my view. Overall, though... rather minor in the general scheme of things.

They are mostly just quick persona identifiers for me.

I suppose they can say something about a person but it's hard to know exactly what, or how much, meaning a person places on a public facing circle.

Somewhat interesting but better understanding and context comes from what they say and how they interact generally.

I don't look at them and say, "Wow, he must look just like that!"

They're a quick way of identifying a person without spelling out the name. I know when I see that big eyeball and weird eyebrow it's SimonDoom much quicker than reading the name underneath

I suppose most of us here have chosen something....NOT really US, but something we feel represents us. Even if it's only something we understand.

Pretty sure most people have no idea what mine is lol.

I'm also sure some of us put more thought into choosing something than others.

It's basically yeah, a visual ID aide.

Someone thought I was a woman, based on mine. It's actually a circularised, miniaturised, book cover. As others have said, they're an immediate identification of a poster within a thread.

I had to put a picture of myself into my Lit profile to prove to my job councelor that it was indeed me writing this stuff. Haven't had a chance to pull the image since I'm no longer in the system. On the other hand I haven't been flooded with date requests or dick pics, so no one but me seems to care either way.

As for my forum picture - that's our current cats at their usual behaviour. Sia (black and white) is a hurricane on four paws while her brother Leo is intense, thoughtful and sometimes scarily empathetic. His idea of "play" is lounging on the bed and demanding belly rubs.

Other people's profile pictures? It's been ages since I've opened up another author's profile, much less looked at the pics they attached to them. Even if I did, I'd know that 90% of the stuff on the internet is either false or doctored anyway and since I'm not on the hunt for a date, I don't really care. :)

I don't look at them and say, "Wow, he must look just like that!"

They're a quick way of identifying a person without spelling out the name. I know when I see that big eyeball and weird eyebrow it's SimonDoom much quicker than reading the name underneath
Are you saying you don't look like a dachshund? Disappointing...

....does anyone believe males respond more to visual sex stimuli than females?

Profile pictures containing body parts prompt a reaction from males more likely than females in general is my thought -

In response to the OP's question - for me - nope.

Last edited:
....does anyone believe males respond more to visual sex stimuli than females?

Profile pictures containing body parts prompt a reaction from males more likely than females in general is my thought -

for me - nope.

I'm thinking of changing my avatar to a Dick pic, just to see what kind of reaction it'd get.

Attachments

• 7771.jpg
    7771.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 3
Back