Professor MG’s Photography Assignments

Assignment #5 - Renew

Alright, I know I’m not a professor (or even want to be one), and I’m also not as handsome or beardy as MG (swoon), but I kinda want this thread to live again… so here we are.

I think we should do assignments weekly and if anyone has a great idea for an assignment, pm me (or maybe MG?)! 😊

This week I want you thinking about things that help you feel recharged and renewed. Post a pic of a calming feeling. Capture your serenity. Give us a look at one of your favorite things to do - is it a physical activity? A food you love? Tell us your story of how you revive yourself after a long day or week.

You may answer this assignment as many times as you like.

💜
Self-anointed-head-girl Moochie
the quietness of a morning coffee on a saturday (or any day of the week, really) before sweating everything out - especially on those days that i have to work.

Attachments

• _DSF1470.jpg
    _DSF1470.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 12
OK, now that I’ve learned a little more about the iPad’s photo editing (limited as it is) I’m going to attempt to meet the challenges. I played around with this, using a filter then playing with contrast and black point ect…

Let me know if this is A OK.

F226CF05-87D9-4089-BF61-820E6D94D820.jpeg

Hello
Oh you are a Seaman. so you have a boat to?
I am a Capt , which I guess is seaman.
when I am not working I live in AZ. no ocean there, but i do have a wakeboard boat for the lakes.
specialblue in my profile name is a term used for Deep ocean blue that unfortunately few people in the world get to experience unless you are very far offshore past the continental drops. It is cobalt blue water color that you cannot explain.

Great job everyone! I am so excited so many of you have decided to share some photos here. Every one gets an A+ For this past week!

Assignment #6: Fear

Now hear me out: this could actually be a really fun assignment to fulfill. For this last week of the month of October, let’s get spooky! Think about things that you’re afraid of or have conquered a fear of. Take a photo of something you think is beautiful but others might think frightful. Let the spirit of Halloween fill you and just show us this year’s costume! Be it creepy or intriguing, please give us a little taste of your fears. 😱👻

**eta: bonus points if you think of something that both scares you and turns you on! 😉

Have fun with it!

Last edited:
Assignment #6

Neck Rope

I’ve seen the slip
In my mind -
The pull too hard
The fall into unconsciousness
The leaving my body

I’ve felt the slip
In your hands -
The pull too hard
The loosening of edges
The other side of breath

I’m needing
That danger -
The pull too hard
The knowing you wont
The thinking you will…

Attachments

• 2EF523F3-26EF-4FEF-92FA-7F24F5E84CF1.jpeg
    2EF523F3-26EF-4FEF-92FA-7F24F5E84CF1.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 87
  • 703AF65E-7357-4E05-84A0-EF492A6DA9DB.jpeg
    703AF65E-7357-4E05-84A0-EF492A6DA9DB.jpeg
    276.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Great job everyone! I am so excited so many of you have decided to share some photos here. Every one gets an A+ For this past week!

Assignment #6: Fear

Now hear me out: this could actually be a really fun assignment to fulfill. For this last week of the month of October, let’s get spooky! Think about things that you’re afraid of or have conquered a fear of. Take a photo of something you think is beautiful but others might think frightful. Let the spirit of Halloween fill you and just show us this year’s costume! Be it creepy or intriguing, please give us a little taste of your fears. 😱👻

**eta: bonus points if you think of something that both scares you and turns you on! 😉

Have fun with it!
This is going to be a challenge 😱

Back