Patting the backs and tooting each others horns

Can we pat our own backs, because I've had a poem accepted to be included in an exhibition for the Army Flying Museum (although I was WRAF) as part of their Magnificent Medals Remembrance art installation in November.

Can we pat our own backs, because I've had a poem accepted to be included in an exhibition for the Army Flying Museum (although I was WRAF) as part of their Magnificent Medals Remembrance art installation in November.

I'm pretty sure, some Literoticans will always have - at least - one free hand to pat someone's back...but since I currently have two...Here is a big round of applause at this side of the Channel

Congratulations :rose:

:nana::nana::nana:Congrats! Pat your back with both arms and bannanas.:nana::nana::nana:

Yes! You absolutely can! That's such an honor. Congratulations! So pleased for you :)

nice one, annie... is there/will there be a link for us to take a peek? :cool::rose:

Congrats!!!!!

Oh Annie that's terrific news! To have proudly served and then have your poem become part of an art installation celebrating those who've done so is lovely. Kudos! :heart::heart::heart:

It does go against my better instincts to toot my own horn but I'm s0 chuffed with this. So......................

Post by Ekezie1998 » 10 Jan 2022, 05:48

Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of

"Bar None" by Christine Griggs.​

You will find exceptional creativity filled with soothing words and intriguing insight into the many facets of emotion and life in this book. Bar None by Christine Griggs consists of poems that communicate human experiences and feelings. The book deals with varying subject matters, and embraces the contrast between the past and present, expressed happiness of love, bond, and desire. Forlornness, freedom and euphoria, sadness in response to grief and loss, and so many other themes form the core of this book. Won’t you like to grab a copy of this book to find out? I firmly insist that you do so.

Too many positive aspects can be noted or found in this book. Firstly, an effort to appreciate the beauty of nature and the warming conveniences of modern innovation is recognized and supported. It encourages us to cherish the exciting moments that carve us into what we become, to cherish love and the desires that form an essential part of it. This book is not limited in any way. It persuades us to remember the dead by underlying the heartbreaking tragedies, fear, and pain they felt due to catastrophic events.

In a fair manner, the book encourages us to persist with whatever struggles we face and not succumb to the sad emotions of loneliness and frustration that try to belittle us. Lastly, we are encouraged to accept our shortcomings, ‘salute our imperfections,’ and ‘rejoice in our foibles and missteps’ (Toast of Transgressions, page 82), for to err is human.

The book's phrasing ignites the most profound emotion, making us feel the mood and message of the author. I have to give credit to the author’s effort in ensuring this book was exceptionally edited, as not a single error was discovered. Some words may appear complex, but the message is not lost.

There is nothing negative about this book. It was exhilarating, enlightening, appealing, and emotional, deserving a 4 out of 4 stars rating. This is the first book I’ve read that has tried to convey all emotions and experiences of man, excluding none. I strongly recommend this book to people who are depressed and have lost hope for it will awaken and enable them to appreciate the beauty of a life filled with beautiful moments, see themselves in a better light and understand some days aren’t always perfect, but ultimately it becomes better with persistence. I also recommend this book to all persons who are curious about what life entails.

It does go against my better instincts to toot my own horn but I'm s0 chuffed with this. So......................

You will find exceptional creativity filled with soothing words and intriguing insight into the many facets of emotion and life in this book. Bar None by Christine Griggs consists of poems that communicate human experiences and feelings. The book deals with varying subject matters, and embraces the contrast between the past and present, expressed happiness of love, bond, and desire. Forlornness, freedom and euphoria, sadness in response to grief and loss, and so many other themes form the core of this book. Won’t you like to grab a copy of this book to find out? I firmly insist that you do so.

Too many positive aspects can be noted or found in this book. Firstly, an effort to appreciate the beauty of nature and the warming conveniences of modern innovation is recognized and supported. It encourages us to cherish the exciting moments that carve us into what we become, to cherish love and the desires that form an essential part of it. This book is not limited in any way. It persuades us to remember the dead by underlying the heartbreaking tragedies, fear, and pain they felt due to catastrophic events.

In a fair manner, the book encourages us to persist with whatever struggles we face and not succumb to the sad emotions of loneliness and frustration that try to belittle us. Lastly, we are encouraged to accept our shortcomings, ‘salute our imperfections,’ and ‘rejoice in our foibles and missteps’ (Toast of Transgressions, page 82), for to err is human.

The book's phrasing ignites the most profound emotion, making us feel the mood and message of the author. I have to give credit to the author’s effort in ensuring this book was exceptionally edited, as not a single error was discovered. Some words may appear complex, but the message is not lost.

There is nothing negative about this book. It was exhilarating, enlightening, appealing, and emotional, deserving a 4 out of 4 stars rating. This is the first book I’ve read that has tried to convey all emotions and experiences of man, excluding none. I strongly recommend this book to people who are depressed and have lost hope for it will awaken and enable them to appreciate the beauty of a life filled with beautiful moments, see themselves in a better light and understand some days aren’t always perfect, but ultimately it becomes better with persistence. I also recommend this book to all persons who are curious about what life entails.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Congrats Christine, I know publishing can be a trial but hope good reviews and sales may compensate in part, for the drudgery.

Yow!

That's pretty much a dream review, Tess, and well deserved. I'm in total agreement with the reviewer and really happy for you. :rose::rose::rose:

Yow!

That's pretty much a dream review, Tess, and well deserved. I'm in total agreement with the reviewer and really happy for you. :rose::rose::rose:

I agree, a dream. It is, IMO, a bit over-the-top but still good for the ego. Thank you for such kind words. :heart:

Exceptional! well done, and well-deserved, every word of it. I know people are going to get so much out of reading your wonderful poetry :rose::cattail:

Memory brought back by a BBC article on WAAF service women including this quote

anyone can do anything - you know, the sky's the limit

It seems pretty fitting in the light that today women's football (soccer, some say) teams from England and Germany will meet in a sporting fight, and, finally, get the attention they deserve.

Back