Online harassment and trolls

My question, why do people let these doinks bother them so much?

Ignore, move on.

Simple as that.

I guess the rudeness and insults from these assholes annoy me because I put a lot of time and effort into my stories. But, you're right, I need to let it go.

Last edited:
Thank you !!!

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

It's kind of comforting AND disheartening to know that I'm not the only one who's been dealing with this kind of crap!

Yea, I actually did change my profile name to "KandyKisser" because I got tired off dealing with all the negative comments and messages. Fresh start needed.

Great idea about NOT posting in the LW categories.

I was really hoping that I wouldn't need to change what I do and how I post on Literotica, but I realize now that it's impossible to police everyone.

Thanks again, everyone, for your input!

LIT has a huge readership -- million of pervs! If 0.01% are flaming fucktards, that's still a lot, but their numbers are dwarfed by eager readers. Be not dismayed by lone dweebs.

It does take some getting used to - especially when you realize it's a "Hello World!" situation where anybody with a connection has access to everything on the site.

I think sending negative email is crossing some kind of line - although I can't exactly say why. ("What happens at Literotica stays on Literotica?")

I guess the rudeness and insults from these assholes annoy me because I put a lot of time and effort into my stories. But, you're right, I need to let it go.

As I suggested on the other post, the exposure takes some getting used to. Unless someone has a blog, most of us are on bulletin boards and not much else. (I don't use Twitter and use Facebook rarely.) In those cases what's at stake is usually not too great.

To actually create something and publish it is to be more vulnerable. Yet no author, actor, filmmaker, artist, etc. would get anywhere without the risk.

LIT has a huge readership -- million of pervs! If 0.01% are flaming fucktards, that's still a lot, but their numbers are dwarfed by eager readers. Be not dismayed by lone dweebs.

This is a crucial point for every author to keep in mind, even when you submit stories to Loving Wives. The idiots are a small minority, but a noisy one. I keep telling myself my goal isn't to avoid criticism or maximize my score -- my goal in submitting stories is to get through to the maximum number of readers possible who will like my story. If I get my story across to 100,000 people and pick up some hateful trolls along the way, that's a lot better than getting it through to 10,000 with no trolls.

Focus on the positive.

This is a crucial point for every author to keep in mind, even when you submit stories to Loving Wives. The idiots are a small minority, but a noisy one. I keep telling myself my goal isn't to avoid criticism or maximize my score -- my goal in submitting stories is to get through to the maximum number of readers possible who will like my story. If I get my story across to 100,000 people and pick up some hateful trolls along the way, that's a lot better than getting it through to 10,000 with no trolls.

Focus on the positive.

Always good advice.

I think sending negative email is crossing some kind of line - although I can't exactly say why. ("What happens at Literotica stays on Literotica?")

Keep I mind they don’t have your email address unless you publish it. It’s email via the Literotica feedback form.

I've recently started getting a flurry of troll comments (some more nasty than others) that all sing the same refrain. (It might be one user trolling several of my stories.) They are typically on the submissions with group sex and some kind of partner swapping. They angrily denounce the activity as morally objectionable, even though in most cases the scenarios are partner-approved, and claim all the characters will get divorced, etc. It's become tiresome and I've just been deleting them, though the 1 votes remain.

Seriously people, just turn the comments and voting off if it bugs you that much.

I, for one, have no intention reaching out to 100 000 people, that read 100 000 stories similar to mine. I prefer to write for 100 readers to whom the story has some meaning.
Do the 100 pay you enough to keep writing?

I, for one, have no intention reaching out to 100 000 people, that read 100 000 stories similar to mine. I prefer to write for 100 readers to whom the story has some meaning.

I respect that. There's no "right way" here. One of the beauties of this site is that the readership is so big and so varied that you have options about what part of it you want to appeal to.

I've recently started getting a flurry of troll comments (some more nasty than others) that all sing the same refrain. (It might be one user trolling several of my stories.) They are typically on the submissions with group sex and some kind of partner swapping. They angrily denounce the activity as morally objectionable, even though in most cases the scenarios are partner-approved, and claim all the characters will get divorced, etc. It's become tiresome and I've just been deleting them, though the 1 votes remain.

Overnight I got a slam for not including the word "gay" in the title of a GM-category story and therefore trying to slip a gay story over onto an unsuspecting hetero audience. Could have been an April Fool's Day joke, but it follows the pattern (in other elements included in the comment) of a personal troll who popped up here yesterday. The comment is gone. The Web site gives authors the power to do this sort of policing themselves without a lot of angst or fuss.

Last edited:
Do the 100 pay you enough to keep writing?

Here it does for me, yes. I've already had it in the paying marketplace. I put it here to share with others who'd like to read this sort of story. I don't put it here for trolls to take pot shots at me. I can't do anything about how they vote, but I can control the comments they put on the stories I've put here for free read for those who like to read what I write (and have already run through the marketplace).

Yeah, that gay stuff really pisses off some people...LOL

Overnight I got a slam for not including the word "gay" in the title of a GM-category story and therefore trying to slip a gay story over onto an unsuspecting hetero audience. Could have been an April Fool's Day joke, but it follows the pattern (in other elements included in the comment) of a personal troll who popped up here yesterday. The comment is gone. The Web site gives authors the power to do this sort of policing themselves without a lot of angst or fuss.

Yeah, my recent series alternates between a guy fucking his mother, but also getting into gay sex with his best friend. I can see where that would annoy some folks, especially the ones who ignore the disclaimer at the beginning. Still, I write for myself, and three or so of the installments have been rated "hot", so I guess I'm doing something right.

Granted, self-policing can also come with a price. For example, my current troll made a nasty comment on a story that had been sitting comfortably for a while toward the top of the hall of fame in one of the story hubs. I was proud of this, of course. However, once I deleted the troll's comment, soon thereafter my story was suddenly down-voted into oblivion and straight out of the hall of fame. That's how it goes.

Granted, self-policing can also come with a price. For example, my current troll made a nasty comment on a story that had been sitting comfortably for a while toward the top of the hall of fame in one of the story hubs. I was proud of this, of course. However, once I deleted the troll's comment, soon thereafter my story was suddenly down-voted into oblivion and straight out of the hall of fame. That's how it goes.
Yeah, people seem to think that if we writers don't bend over take their bullshit full force, then we deserve to be removed from public standing. The whole notion is Nazi-esque, and vitriolic. Sadly, there nothing that can be done about that, and it reaches far beyond Literotica.

I must say that when the gamesters here see someone who is obsessed with how well their stories are rating or being commented on, the gamesters have their next target in their sights. Maybe obsess less about what you've (the generic "you," not anyone specific who has posted to this thread) already written and posted and going on to writing and posting the next one--without a lot of side "hey look at me" invitations.

I must say that when the gamesters here see someone who is obsessed with how well their stories are rating or being commented on, the gamesters have their next target in their sights. Maybe obsess less about what you've (the generic "you," not anyone specific who has posted to this thread) already written and posted and going on to writing and posting the next one--without a lot of side "hey look at me" invitations.

http://mobile.literotica.com/s/the-trolls-of-literotica

Flip the script

Personally, scores don't mean much to me. I have been a fan of this site for close to twenty years (Wow I feel old) and have never used ratings. Favorites and follows are way more important. I check my genre (exhibition/voyeur) weekly. Usually once a month I check my preferred tags. The best tool I have found for finding new stories and authors is to check who favorited my preferred stories. You can usually find a pattern in who shares your sensibilities. The ratings never factor in at all.

Getting personal emails is a little concerning but as long as you aren't getting spammed with it I would ignore it.

So few people appreciate criticism that my personal rule is to just praise the stuff I like and suggest more. It's the most effective way I've found to get content creators to listen to you. It's a very small percentage of the population that appreciates negative feedback.

I also know people who have racked up a healthy following getting into a flame war. I've had a few guilty pleasure trainwrecks of creators who just don't get it going to war with trolls. Think Amy's Baking Company, that shouldn't be a thing you can reference, and have people get the reference. It was a stupid restaurant in a medium-sized city no one outside of a twenty-mile radius should know exists. Instead its a world famous for being a Jerry Springer type spectacle.

I had one message me that he had hacked my device and was sending my filthy work to all of my contacts unless I deposited $2000 in bitcoin to his wallet within 72 hours.
Well the 72 hours is just about up, I don't have two Grand in bitcoin, and I really don't give a shit who knows about what I write.
But what if I did? What if I was like a Baptist minister or something?
Technically, it's extortion, but really, can you imagine the cops giving a shit?

...What if I was like a Baptist minister or something...

JMO you should be a grown-up and not be ashamed of anything that you do. (Which is not saying to think you are without fault. I make mistakes, but I don't do what I know to be wrong, like hurt others.) If you don't think it's something you should do... Then don't do it.

That also doesn't mean being a stupid Gazelle and telling the Lion which watering hole you frequent... Don't feed the Lions / Trolls.

This morning I went down on one of my lovers who is a minister. God must want me to eat her, if he didn't she would taste like Okra, eeew. I have it on good authority that even Baptists have sex.

"Reverend White was readin' from the Book of Luke,
To a tall drunk trucker who was about to puke.
He had John 3:16 memorised,
Tryin' to dry him out to get him Baptised.

The Evangelists looked at the lights and the beer,
Said 'White, you can't save any souls in here.
This ain't nothin' but a den of sin,
Ain't the kinda place a Baptist ought to be in.'

Pastor said, 'well we don't really need y'all here,
You didn't do a very good job last year.
Only saved one sinner, that was Todd McGuier,
The little SOB that set the church on fire.

Joe's Beer Joint done been revived,
Only been here an hour and I done saved five.
Sure it's got mirrors and a big dance floor,
But I finally found the flock God called me for."

-First Baptist Bar and Grill, Tim Wilson

Love and Kisses

Lisa Ann

Last edited:
I have it on good authority that even Baptists have sex.

Where else would Baptists come from?

I know a Baptist Deacon who's devout daughter (attested by her church attendance) is a burlesque dancer in a long term relationship with two men--her husband and his lover.

Go Baptists!

I grew up in a time before the internet. If you wanted to be a butt-head you had to do it in person, or use the phone. The first option risked a knuckle-sandwich, the second the phone company or sheriff's department expressing thier displeasure.

Butt-heads at school called me 'gay' for reading biblical commentaries in my friends father's study with her rather than playing with dolls. We were 6 and 7 years old. When I was 14 those same butt-heads called me a 'dyke' for inviting my friend Jamie to come live with us. Later on I was 'queer' for not giving those same clueless butt-heads a hand-job.

As a young woman I was called 'gay' on the job for wearing the black uniform socks or 'men's shoes' as dictated by the airline's policy. I just grew a thicker skin, and frequently kissed other willing girls in front of them.

JMO most trolls lack mirrors, that is why they don't understand the cause of thier own unhappiness.

Being a butt-head on the internet is easy. People who can't figure out how to shower, brush thier teeth or get thier own place and move out of mommy's basement can figure out how to do it.

Maybe I am just old but I don't see how someone can really hurt you online if you don't let them.

Love and Kisses

Lisa Ann

Last edited:
Back