Official support thread for Midnight at the Lost and Found story event

Feedback was pretty straightforward; move credit to the story event to the intro, tidy up the dialogue punctuation (which, admittedly, I had left in a mess).

Resubmitted now, fingers crossed for prompt response.

(irony being my characters wanted to get there earlier in the evening so as to get their scene done before the room they wanted got busy).

I just saw this link this week. I have an idea for a story that would dovetail with this event and it would help my plot line, but it will miss the target deadline by a mile.

I do have one question.

What city and country is the Lost and Found located in?

Is it in the commonwealth somewhere?

I just saw this link this week. I have an idea for a story that would dovetail with this event and it would help my plot line, but it will miss the target deadline by a mile.

I do have one question.

What city and country is the Lost and Found located in?

Is it in the commonwealth somewhere?
Commonwealth of...?

List of Entries - awesome work everyone!! Gonna go read through and see what you all came up with.

Thanks so much for taking part - hope you had fun writing!

Since the club isn't going to be shutting down every year, this was a one-off story event/challenge. Good to have you all there for the last night of the Lost and Found!

Commonwealth of...?
The British Commonwealth

For some reason, I have a hard time putting a location to the Wonderland universe. For some reason, it feels like Canada to me.

My characters operate in the USA and I basically would like to know if they are traveling outside of the US to end up at the Lost in Found the night of the party.

thanks

The British Commonwealth

For some reason, I have a hard time putting a location to the Wonderland universe. For some reason, it feels like Canada to me.

My characters operate in the USA and I basically would like to know if they are traveling outside of the US to end up at the Lost in Found the night of the party.

thanks
Purposefully, the city and its environs are not anywhere specific so it can be anywhere the reader wants it to be*. How do you get there? Second star to the left and straight on 'til morning.

*except Cardiff. It's definitely not Cardiff

I've finished reading and Wow, such a variety of takes on the theme, truly a multiverse of clubs and characters and possibilities. Loved it!

I'm so glad to have just squeaked in!
Thanks to everyone involved!

I'm afraid I'm a few weeks behind in reading through Only Consenting Adults, so I probably won't get around to reading everyone's entries for a little while, but I just wanted to say I will be catching up an look forward to getting around to everyone's work when I do.

In the meantime thank you everyone who has read / scored / faved / commented my own story; I'm somewhat in disbelief that so far my work has been given 10 5-star ratings (and one reviewer who dropped a 1; can't please everyone I guess).

And thanks once again to oneagainst for organising this and sharing Wonderland!
It's been most enjoyable.

I know I'm way too late to the party, but I can't help but write something. Can you point me to where the lost and found is introduced and a description of Syn? I saw the links to the description of the place and I'm reading the material but having a hard time finding out overall where to begin.

I know I'm way too late to the party, but I can't help but write something. Can you point me to where the lost and found is introduced and a description of Syn? I saw the links to the description of the place and I'm reading the material but having a hard time finding out overall where to begin.
Best place to start is probably the party itself! Ch 17 and Where Angels Dare give a good run down of the club and the night. All the back story is laid out in the Foreword to Only Consenting Adults, chapter 00. If you tag your story with 'lost and found' it will still turn up in a search, so it's kinda like you were there at the time anyway!

Back