Official support thread for Midnight at the Lost and Found story event

oneagainst

...the bunnies
This thread kicks off the "Midnight at the Lost and Found" story event. Stories should be submitted between the 1st and 18th October to go live 20th October.

The Lost And Found kink club is being forced to close down by new legislation. They’re not going quietly. Madame Syn has opened the doors, with full access to all furniture and playrooms, putting on a final event. You’re invited to write a story about the club’s last night, as follows:

---

You are cordially invited to the Mad Hatters Tea Party, an evening of adult fun and frivolity to be held at the Lost and Found from eight thirty p.m. until late. Fancy dress on the theme of Alice in Wonderland is optional, as is dress in general. Open access to all playrooms will be provided, but we request you abide by our Bring Your Own Device policy on grounds of health and safety.

To mitigate against misunderstandings and facilitate an enjoyable night for all, please take note of the wristband policy:
  • Red indicates you do not wish to be approached and are engaged in private play
  • Amber indicates you are open to play opportunities, as permitted by your owner/master/mistress/lady/lord/deity
  • Green indicates that you are open to free use, within the parameters of consent
  • Blue are monitors and members of staff. Please respect the instructions they may give from time to time
May we respectfully remind all guests to ensure that their significant other(s) are labelled appropriately, as per the above guidelines, to avoid confusion.

We regret that this will be the final event at the Lost and Found, which will be closing down upon the conclusion of the evening after nearly twenty years of service to the community. We strongly encourage you to review the new legislation and how it may curtail or prohibit your particular lifestyle choices going forward. While this is a hard moment, we would like to thank the dedication and camaraderie of all staff and patrons over the years, and would hope that in some shape or form the legend continues.

To that end, we intend to go out with a bang. Also, with whimpers and a variety of other noises. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Management.

---

Event guidelines:
  • Dressing up in theme is optional, as is dressing in general. If your character turns up with nothing more than a Cheshire Cat grin, that's fine too.
  • Your characters might not make it to the club, for a variety of reasons, but they must at least have wanted to get there (sexy new neighbour notwithstanding)
  • Stories may be standalone or chapters of longer works
  • You must copy and paste LOST AND FOUND into the Notes section of the story
  • Please tag with ‘lost and found’
You’re free to make use of characters from the universe in which the Lost and Found resides, within reason (e.g. Tony the doorman is *not* going to hook up with customers, because his missus will dismember him). The event theme is The Mad Hatter’s Tea Party so yes, there will be a long table in the middle of the club with cups and saucers on it, among other things. The playrooms upstairs are also fully stocked, so let your characters go wild.

There will be fur, there will be latex. There will be Alices.

(For the detail-oriented, descriptions of the club layout can be found in When One Day We Are Gone Ch. 10 and All Under Control Ch. 07)

I'm in. How close should we hew to the Lost and Found from the stories? That is, IIRC it's supposed to be very exclusive; is that somewhat lifted on the last night? The story I have in mind is about an angry husband planning to exact his revenge on his wife who has been going to the club to scratch her particular itch in secret. Things don't quite work out that way, but that's the setup, and I don't know if it would work within the "canon" of the setting.

I'm in. How close should we hew to the Lost and Found from the stories? That is, IIRC it's supposed to be very exclusive; is that somewhat lifted on the last night? <snip> I don't know if it would work within the "canon" of the setting.
Fantastic! Don't worry about canon or exclusivity too much, this is for the fun of it. The doors are wide open for one last night only. What mayhem can your characters get up to in a club that's shutting down?

That aside, feel free to DM me if you want to see the draft I have for context, equipment, decorations, etc.

Thinking about a story where the MC can't get there due to being way out in the middle of nowhere. I like the idea of them sitting somewhere with FOMO - how could they get involved?

Thinking about a story where the MC can't get there due to being way out in the middle of nowhere. I like the idea of them sitting somewhere with FOMO - how could they get involved?
What about something like Periscope, so a friend can take their phone around and show them what they're missing out on? I know the normal rules for the club don't allow it, but everyone's allowed in on the last night, so I don't know why not.

Let me have a think. I've done the vid thing before, e.g. The Devil and the Sea, but there might be something more creative. How do you get people involved who can't get there?

The good thing about fiction is the set design doesn't cost you anything...! So, any requests for equipment and facilities? Pre-existing elements are as follows:

1. Pommel horse
2. St Andrews cross
3. A stage
4. Wet room, upstairs
5. Toy room (ropes, clamps, eyehooks, etc), upstairs
6. Four poster bedroom, upstairs

Per a previous post, going to add the following:

1. A long white table down the middle of the floor and an assortment of chairs and crockery for the tea party
2. Entrance to the club is via the emergency access door in the alleyway, framed by an ornate mirror frame in keeping with Through the Looking Glass
3. A tip jar on the bar that broadcasts a signal every time money is put in to any device linked to it, anywhere there's internet

Any other hardware suggestions/requests?

Okay, clear of geek pride, turning the attention back to this. I'm proofing the entry for it now and I have a secondary story on the boil. I've got the costume all picked out ☺️

Okay - I'm all done with my entry. Set in the Kimberley, so about as far as it's possible to get from the Lost and Found, but she's still part of the action via the magic of internet-connected sex toys. I just need something that generates the signals :)

I ask a silly question: do the costumes have to be strictly inspired by Carroll's novels, or can they also be, how should I put it... inaccurate?
For example, if a girl wore the Carpenter costume (from The Walrus and the Carpenter), could she also be admitted without trousers?
Or is it necessary to arrive wearing a full costume to be (eventually) taken off only inside the club?
I have almost completed my humble contribution (English is not my mother tongue, and punctuation is not my cup of tea) but I still have this silly question.

The submission I've already previewed have people in costume and out of costume. My own submission has people turning up as characters from the DC comic universe. There are even submissions where the characters don't actually get to the party.

At the end of the day, it's a party and (as is the point of the story) it's about individuals being free to be who they want to be - no pressure, just have fun with it :)

Thank you. I have omitted the Carpenter: now in his place there is a smiling girl wearing only tiny jewels and 18th-century boots with a wide brass buckle.
Have mercy on my punctuation! I cultivate different fetishes, but English is not my mother tongue: therefore, my punctuation is the worst. I am deeply sorry.

It's an event, not a contest - no-one gets rated, it's just for the fun of the thing... you'll go fine, I'm sure!

As requested by @gbdfa details on the upstairs area of the club. The toy room contents: ceiling suspension beam, chaise, st Andrew's cross, shelves of toys... and whatever you want to bring along.

Awesome - last chance to get something submitted - closes on the 18th October... Wednesday! Going live on Friday the 20th.

Got both of mine in now.

I might have just got mine in on time. It's probably still a little rough as I was sick all last week and couldn't give it a good final draft editing pass, but I was not even sure I was going to make it so in the end I just declared it 'good enough'.

Thanks for the invitation, inspiration, and motivation.

It's been too long since I did any creative writing and this was just what I needed to dust off an old hobby. Hopefully I'm not too rusty.

I might have just got mine in on time. It's probably still a little rough as I was sick all last week and couldn't give it a good final draft editing pass, but I was not even sure I was going to make it so in the end I just declared it 'good enough'.

Thanks for the invitation, inspiration, and motivation.

It's been too long since I did any creative writing and this was just what I needed to dust off an old hobby. Hopefully I'm not too rusty.
I look forward to reading it. Mine’s been in since the beginning of the month; forgot mention it.

Thanks for participating! Looking forward to reading the entries. @DustofFallenStars that was one of the great delights, people coming back to writing after a break or having a go for the first time, which was one of the motivations of the event. If you think it missed the submission window just ping Laurel with a polite request....

Now, where did I put my costume...?

Good luck! Also, happy to pass over it if it's helpful for why it got rejected. Unless it was obvious.

Back