New Milestones Thread

Not sure if it counts as a milestone, but I got a message telling me there was a youtube channel that posted some stories here (including some of mine) and profited from it. The channel was empty by the time I saw the message (i was not the only one the channel was stealing from, so i guess they’d rather delete it than deal with legal action), so there was no action needed on my end. Weird milestone but it is flattering in a way I guess? :ROFLMAO:

Today I got my 500th follower. I also calculated my total views and I surpassed a million a while ago. ☺️ Always nice to know that someone appreciates my work. Many thanks to everyone whom have been a part of my journey towards progress with regards to the English language. Appreciate you all.

Ah, shucks, it's nutin' at all! Yestiday I couldn't spell shiit and today I'm an Englush teacher.
Today I got my 500th follower. I also calculated my total views and I surpassed a million a while ago. ☺️ Always nice to know that someone appreciates my work. Many thanks to everyone whom have been a part of my journey towards progress with regards to the English language. Appreciate you all.

Dint ken tha' I were, but it's reet gradly to 'ear yer tekkin summat from my scribblin

Overcritical5 minutes ago
The story is always up to the author. Anything he/she wants to put down is OK. The reader similarly has the privilege's of reading what he wants and can then pass judgement. i choose stories based on the category and the rating given in the listing. This...I hesitate to call it a story was a fragment and neither worth my time to read or comment on it. I only wonder how it got a rating of over 4.0 and thus enticed me to read it. Not only is the writer barely capable, but the commenters here are barely capable of the title. I will certainly stay away from the author, but I don't know how to avoid the incompetents who comment. Maybe if I rate this 1* it will bring the average down and keep it away from other unwary readers.

I think this is worthy of a milestone: I have my first proper trolling, comments wise. I must be doing something right :ROFLMAO:

My twenty-one 750 word stories collectively just topped 100,000 views.

Ignore the series page total, it’s lagging behind the Control Panel one as per normal (98.3k at the time of posting)

That’s not many views for each of them, but given the almost universal disdain for Lit’s shortest form, I don’t think that’s too bad.

Emily

UPDATE: Looking at it this way, if I had a 15,750 word story with 100,000 views, I’d be a happy girl 😊

Last edited:
A friend and I started a podcast on writing erotica. First episode came out today. It's called Ink & Ecstasy.

And I have a story I'm working on to publish here. Should be fun. Hoping to have it recorded and posted sometime next month.

A friend and I started a podcast on writing erotica. First episode came out today. It's called Ink & Ecstasy.

And I have a story I'm working on to publish here. Should be fun. Hoping to have it recorded and posted sometime next month.
The 10-second trailer was awesome!!

Overnight I hit 69K total views of my work. I also submitted the first chapter of my new series, The Sweetest Berry, to my editors. It is my longest work to date at over 9K words and will hopefully go live at the end of this month or start of April.

Some interesting (to me) stats that come along with those 69K views:

Across four works I have 150 favorites and 944 votes which is a 0.22% conversion rate for reads-to-favorites and 1.37% reads-to-votes.

I think this is worthy of a milestone: I have my first proper trolling, comments wise. I must be doing something right :ROFLMAO:
OC is fairly frequent subject of discussion for his comments, sometimes good and occasionally helpful, but fairly often completely over-the-top like this one. Don't let it get to you; the best response is to ignore it (and delete if you wish) and keep writing and keep improving.

That’s amazing 🤩

My 750-word story, She-Wolf, was featured on the DirtyBits podcast recently. I got the link a few days ago, though why they wait until after it's featured time to send me the link, I don't understand. Anyway, this is the link for those who are too lazy to read it. She-Wolf 750-Word Story

EDIT: The reason I have no question mark after asking why they waited so long to give me the link is that it is rhetorical.

I was happy to notice that my sixth story recently kicked over the 100k views mark. Even better, only 3 of them are first chapters, which always seem to get inflated view counts.

Then, given recent achievements here, I totaled up my views: 4.4 million views.
I would like to take back all my previous bloviation about views not mattering to me...
That said, now I have to start fretting that my recent stuff does not seem to be on track to rack up the view numbers of earlier stuff. I want to brag, but I just keep finding new ways to poke holes in my ego.

one of mine Suburban Sweetheart Adventures ch1 just received the coveted red H - leaving just 3 without!

I was a bit worried about this one as it involved characters from another series (that I have ended) but felt some of their adventures needed sharing

also, just submitted another monster in N/N and just hoping it gets approved.

Back