New Milestones Thread

There's the easy way... IT and LW, and there's the hard way, building a reputation across a dozen other categories as someone who can deliver a story.

Yoda was on the money... easier, more seductive, but forever will it dominate. Better, I think, to build a following in other categories, hone your skills.
Why will it dominate? I write what I want, when I want. If I have an idea for I/T, I'll write it and enjoy the views. If my next idea is SF&F, I'll write that and settle for 1k views.

It's not like my readers are breathing down my neck and demanding more I/T. It's not like they bomb anything that doesn't satisfy their kink. I have 6 I/T stories, and 24 in other categories. They're all doing quite alright. A little of the massive readership carries over to other stories. Readers who like my style of writing. And that's nice.

But I still just write whatever I feel like writing, and settle for whatever readership the story gets.

Why will it dominate? I write what I want, when I want. If I have an idea for I/T, I'll write it and enjoy the views. If my next idea is SF&F, I'll write that and settle for 1k views.
Just speaking from my own data, but posting in IT or LW gets a bunch of new follows, and then posting a femdom tale in non-con or BDSM not only gets a drop in followers but a set of one bombs that evidence suggests would not otherwise have been there.

One conclusion from this is that in IT and LW I'm picking up followers who are very specific about what they like and what turns them off. So, either give them more of what they want or have to deal with dissatisfied readers. Eventually, it can back you into a corner.

Just speaking from my own data, but posting in IT or LW gets a bunch of new follows, and then posting a femdom tale in non-con or BDSM not only gets a drop in followers but a set of one bombs that evidence suggests would not otherwise have been there.

One conclusion from this is that in IT and LW I'm picking up followers who are very specific about what they like and what turns them off. So, either give them more of what they want or have to deal with dissatisfied readers. Eventually, it can back you into a corner.
My subject matter is mostly more vanilla than not, so I don't really have that problem.

Except I lost two followers the other day when I posted my WIWAW about "Ben's Big Mistake". Two readers who were apparently disgusted by Ben or by Gan, I suppose.

There's the easy way... IT and LW, and there's the hard way, building a reputation across a dozen other categories as someone who can deliver a story.

Yoda was on the money... easier, more seductive, but forever will it dominate. Better, I think, to build a following in other categories, hone your skills.

Hmm, talking like Yoda I am.
Agreeing totally, I am.

Emily

This ☝️☝️☝️

I don't know where the above started, so I'll just leave this here.

Write what you want, and put it where you want.
Write for yourself. Nobody else.

No matter what, you're going to have jackwangs that 1-bomb you, leave bad comments, hell I've had death threats. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Do not worry about boxing yourself into a corner or having to FTDS or anything else.

My subject matter is mostly more vanilla than not, so I don't really have that problem.

Except I lost two followers the other day when I posted my WIWAW about "Ben's Big Mistake". Two readers who were apparently disgusted by Ben or by Gan, I suppose.
The fact people know when they lose a follower speaks volumes about what's important to this forum. Goes hand in hand with the conversation over category choice, not everyone is looking to max stats, some people are just happy with what they wrote and the attention they did get.

Hmm, talking like Yoda I am.
Both_ Both. Both. Both is good _ The Road to El Dorado.gif

Back