New Milestones Thread

So this is a milestone for me, I think. I am just shy of 30,000 views across my Peta/Sam series: https://www.literotica.com/series/se/peta-sam

I make that out to be averaging about 2000 views per story at 15 stories published, so by no means as well read as others, but for myself, I am very happy the stories have been read at all.

To all of you out there reading it, thank you. I appreciate it.

Good morning everyone! I have a new story in Peta/Sam out today, it’s a story very close to my heart, and is the last piece of the puzzle that is Act 2 in the overall storyline. Read it here: Auld Lang Syne

It marks my second big milestone - the completion of the second act of the novel, and leaving me with exactly one third of the stories to go.

With the publication today of my Non-Erotic Story (Over in a Flash : "Ten very short stories about premature ejaculation") I've now published a story in every Litertorica category that I'm aiming to* with the exception of the big one Novels (I could publish in Novels today as I have a part one that is basically ready, but I waiting to finish the whole thing)

(* I'm not doing illustrated, audio or non-English as these require a very different skill set from just writing. I'm not doing Chain Stories as it's a dead category. I am doing/have done the other 28 categories)

All you experienced people, talking about breaking 30k views, make me all the more blown away by the attention my first story received. I'm gonna chalk it up to the fact that it's in I/T, and it's a completely ridiculous one at that. This is the only explanation I can find for it already breaking 30k, in the first seven days since its publication.

If there is anyone's ego here that needs smacking, it's definitely mine!

All you experienced people, talking about breaking 30k views, make me all the more blown away by the attention my first story received. I'm gonna chalk it up to the fact that it's in I/T, and it's a completely ridiculous one at that. This is the only explanation I can find for it already breaking 30k, in the first seven days since its publication.

When I published my first stories, I was staggered to get 4k views. That was in SF&F. I wrote a few in EC and they got even more hits: up to 5k!

Then I wrote an I/T story with a catchy title and wow! Even now, the five stories in that series make up three quarters of my total views from 30 stories.

I'm gonna chalk it up to the fact that it's in I/T, and it's a completely ridiculous one at that. This is the only explanation I can find for it already breaking 30k, in the first seven days since its publication.

And that is the truth of it. I/T is the most popular category. But your score and positive comments would have me believe that it's also well written. So maybe it's also the quality of your work. I'll check it out tonight.

Two categories get many more views than the others. I/T and LW. Your average Lit reader wants to either fuck his mother, or to get revenge on his cheating ex-wife (maybe she left him because he insisted on calling her Mommy during sex). The writers with the largest number of views typically write in one or another of these.

I’ve dabbled with my own versions of both and sometimes get 10 times the views as in other categories.

If building a readership is what you want to do, target these categories. If you want to write stories not conforming to the views of their patrons, then look at other categoires.

It’s a self-serving comment I know, but I think it’s more interesting to try to build a following without being constrained by reader expectations.

Emily

UPDATE: A lot of people here like non-con as well. I’m not one of them.

Last edited:

This is a reasonable rule of thumb guide to the non-LW/IT categories (or at least most of them):

https://forum.literotica.com/thread...for-the-popularity-of-lit-categories.1606736/

Emily

It’s a self-serving comment I know, but I think it’s more interesting to try to build a following without being constrained by reader expectations.
There's the easy way... IT and LW, and there's the hard way, building a reputation across a dozen other categories as someone who can deliver a story.

Yoda was on the money... easier, more seductive, but forever will it dominate. Better, I think, to build a following in other categories, hone your skills.

Hmm, talking like Yoda I am.

Back