New Milestones Thread

I have 5 stories tied with 8 comments;
Most favorites: 48;
Top rating: 4.78;
Most views: 47.5k;
Most votes: 435.
Are these stats good, bad or indifferent? Sometimes I feel like I’m in a void; not sure if I should keep on writing.

Are these stats good, bad or indifferent? Sometimes I feel like I’m in a void; not sure if I should keep on writing.
I think it depends what categories you're writing in. If that figure of 47.5k views is in SF/F you're doing amazing: my 7 stories in that category have a combined total of 15.5k views. On the other hand, my latest I/T story reached 40k views in about 24 hours. Same with votes: my five I/T stories have a total of 5300 votes, and my other 21 stories together have maybe 1000.

But top rating of 4.78 is impressive regardless of category.

And as to whether or not you should keep on writing? As long as you're enjoying it, why not? Reader feedback is always a bonus, and it's easy to get caught up in the stats, but the fact of the matter is that essentially they're all meaningless. Plenty of people will love a story but never comment or vote. Plenty of people will rate a story 1 star because they're in a bad mood, or they spotted a typo on page 7, or the moon is in Mercury, or whatever.

Just keep having fun.

You post a lot in E/V its not a highly read category. But don't write just for the numbers, write because you enjoy it.

You post a lot in E/V its not a highly read category. But don't write just for the numbers, write because you enjoy it.
EV’s always been my favorite. These are the first stories I read back when we had AOL disks and modems. It’s just tough as a writer to get ho-hum responses after working ten days on a story.

I think it depends what categories you're writing in. If that figure of 47.5k views is in SF/F you're doing amazing: my 7 stories in that category have a combined total of 15.5k views. On the other hand, my latest I/T story reached 40k views in about 24 hours. Same with votes: my five I/T stories have a total of 5300 votes, and my other 21 stories together have maybe 1000.

But top rating of 4.78 is impressive regardless of category.

And as to whether or not you should keep on writing? As long as you're enjoying it, why not? Reader feedback is always a bonus, and it's easy to get caught up in the stats, but the fact of the matter is that essentially they're all meaningless. Plenty of people will love a story but never comment or vote. Plenty of people will rate a story 1 star because they're in a bad mood, or they spotted a typo on page 7, or the moon is in Mercury, or whatever.

Just keep having fun.
It’s not just a hobby: it’s an addiction.

EV is one of my favorite, go-to categories. It's a middling category, in terms of views: not nearly as many views as some like Loving Wives and Incest/Taboo, but considerably more than some like Letters or Humor. It's hard to predict, though, because the range of views can be extreme. Your numbers look good to me.

Something I've noticed is that the views for my EV stories keep chugging along, year after year, whereas some other stories' views drop off much more. I have one EV story from 2017 that has over 350,000 views and still gets about 110 a day. And its score is only 4.44.

Another nice thing about the category: it's accepting. If you have stories with several different category elements, EV is a good place for it to go, because its readers are less fussy than are those of some other categories. I've found it's a good place to put "hot wife" type stories, because hot wives very often are also exhibitionist.

EV is one of my favorite, go-to categories. It's a middling category, in terms of views: not nearly as many views as some like Loving Wives and Incest/Taboo, but considerably more than some like Letters or Humor. It's hard to predict, though, because the range of views can be extreme. Your numbers look good to me.

Something I've noticed is that the views for my EV stories keep chugging along, year after year, whereas some other stories' views drop off much more. I have one EV story from 2017 that has over 350,000 views and still gets about 110 a day. And its score is only 4.44.

Another nice thing about the category: it's accepting. If you have stories with several different category elements, EV is a good place for it to go, because its readers are less fussy than are those of some other categories. I've found it's a good place to put "hot wife" type stories, because hot wives very often are also exhibitionist.

One of mt Series (Developing Friends) is in there and i did worry I'd get the HW style feedback as it progressed, but no.

Also, I like photography so it's easy to weave those elements in and make it EV, although the latest chapter has very little EV in it, but (hopefully) it will set the scene for the next set of photography episodes. The Developing Friends series still picks up readers something a series in the EC sector didn't really do once the story had moved from being new.

saying that, all my last three stories have tanked, so maybe it's time for a rethink.

Been just over 2 months since I published my first story, and I just broke 100k views. And I'm inching closer to 100 followers.

It's honestly been a wild ride. Never thought I'd actually get fans, return readers, frequent commenters... I've never posted anything online before that's been seen by more than like 50 people. It's... staggering.

Been just over 2 months since I published my first story, and I just broke 100k views. And I'm inching closer to 100 followers.

It's honestly been a wild ride. Never thought I'd actually get fans, return readers, frequent commenters... I've never posted anything online before that's been seen by more than like 50 people. It's... staggering.
I know right?! I'm right there with you. It's a great feeling. Congratulations.

I know right?! I'm right there with you. It's a great feeling. Congratulations.
Thank you! And to you! It really, really is. I recently had a public, glowing review of one of my stories, and it left me bawling my eyes out. I couldn't believe someone who's been reviewing countless stories over years, read my doodles and actually liked them. It is a great feeling, a fantastic one at that.

This is a sort of milestone - my series was approved and published.

Only two stories so far, but we’re getting there. Peta/Sam. Read and comment. Or don’t. But have fun.

(Please have fun)

I agree with hot wives. I find it easier saying they get naked and people look rather than try to fit in LW.

I'm cleaning the house today. It's a milestone because I haven't done it for a couple of weeks. Oh, I've picked up, but no deep clean!

Personal milestone: today with the publication of two stories I have published over half of my novels chapters.

More to come but after spending February sad about ai rejections I’m really pleased to be finally getting the stories out there.

Back