Make me laugh - stand up comedians

BrendaD

BrendaBear the brat
I have never been to a stand up comedy show - and being an introvert, I clearly never will.

But I love to laugh and see the humor in most situations. Fairly recently, I came across some short stand up videos of Kathleen Madigan and laugh like a crazy person watching them.

And thinking maybe others could use some laughs too… I thought why not make a thread with stand up comedy? Either typed, or link to videos… and of course, chat about funny…

First up… 3 or 4 minutes of funny…

This is Kathleen Madigan, posted by Laugh Society

Tome Segura has a new special out on Netflix called Sledgehammer. I found it to be pretty funny.

She’s very funny. She has a couple of specials on Netflix IIRC.

BTW. A comedy show is the perfect place for an introvert! You don’t have to interact with anyone! You just sit there, listen to the comedians, laugh. And drink a bit!
Exactly @Deadbed1968 . I have been to many of the local comedy shop performances and if you sit in the back (they pick on you in the front) you can have a great time.

Last edited:
I've seen a few great stand up shows over the years. Most recently was Adam Sandler and his show was hilarious and heart warming.

Back in the early 2000s I got to see Dave Chapelle after he came back from Africa after the height of The Chapelle Show, and that was one of the most memorable shows I've been to, aside from when I saw him again during covid when he put on a show with other comedians on his property in Yellow Springs, OH.

Steve Martin and Martin Short was one of the best stand up shows I've seen live. They are such a hilarious duo.

Trevor Noah was another favorite live. I saw him when he released his bio a few years ago. He's had such an interesting upbringing.

I have never been to a stand up comedy show - and being an introvert, I clearly never will.

But I love to laugh and see the humor in most situations. Fairly recently, I came across some short stand up videos of Kathleen Madigan and laugh like a crazy person watching them.

And thinking maybe others could use some laughs too… I thought why not make a thread with stand up comedy? Either typed, or link to videos… and of course, chat about funny…

First up… 3 or 4 minutes of funny…

This is Kathleen Madigan, posted by Laugh Society
Nice idea for a thread! Always looking for new comedy clips. Thanks!

Back