Landmark Report Concludes Abortion In U.S. Is Safe

You keep saying that but......it's nowhere to be found.

What are you talking about?:confused:

He is focusing on what I didn't say more than what I did say.
I'm still unsure how I feel about the subject but the male should have very little say-so in the matter. What is your take?

I'm sure he is hung up on the embolden portion. "very little" means "not at all" to him.

I'm sure he is hung up on the embolden portion. "very little" means "not at all" to him.

Indeed. You finally found a fall-back position, the male is not equal in this discussion, he should be discounted or ignored if we don;t like what he has to say. Thank you again, for making my point. Just because you didn't state an absolute, doesn't mean that we don;t get your meaning. It is a topic only for Liberal women.

:rolleyes:

Not only that, but this is from someone who does not play by the rules.

Sounds more like what is being said is that men should have very little say so in a womans choice to get an abortion or not.

Not that men aren't allowed to have an opinion on the matter.

I think....
what-we-have-here-is-a-failure-to-communicate-quote-2.jpg

And he's confusing authority with opinion.

Indeed. You finally found a fall-back position, the male is not equal in this discussion, he should be discounted or ignored if we don;t like what he has to say. Thank you again, for making my point. Just because you didn't state an absolute, doesn't mean that we don;t get your meaning. It is a topic only for Liberal women.

A Liberal woman? Nice way to imply that many conservative women are also not for women's rights.

:rolleyes:

Not only that, but this is from someone who does not play by the rules.

Bet you felt empowered pushing that "report" button, didn't you Chief?

And YOU are one to lecture folks on propriety. If you had played by the rules you wouldn't have been banhammered in the first place.

But you didn't, so you were.

Sounds more like what is being said is that men should have very little say so in a womans choice to get an abortion or not.

Not that men aren't allowed to have an opinion on the matter.

I think....
And he's confusing authority with opinion.

No, what I commented on, and you have witnessed is the proclivity for Liberal/Progressives to engage in, every time abortion is discussed, the line of attack that eventually devolves to is that is that you, as a male have no standing to tell a woman what she can do with her body. That is a specious argument in a free speech society. Being male does not preclude you or me (or anyone, including a conservative woman) from championing the rights of the most helpless and vulnerable in our society. There is no topic under the sun that you should ever begin, or end, the discussion with because of your gender, race, or religion, you are not allowed to have an equal voice in the debate and the first thing this poster did was to dismiss free speech even before 'it' even broached the topic and that is my complaint. Do we ever open up a Second Amendment debate and say, If you don't own a gun, you are discounted? Do we eve open a First Amendment debate and say, if you are an Atheist or not a member of the press, you have a diminished standing? And that is my only problem with the OP, the in your face dismissal of anything that a conservative male may have to say. This is one of the most blatant examples that I have ever seen of this tactic and I called it out. This is the divide and conquer strategy employed by those whom engage in identity politics.

So we've made abortion safe. So fucking what? We're going out of our way to make executions "painless." Does that make the death penalty right? I don't find either a moral argument, but that's just me digressing again.

A Liberal woman? Nice way to imply that many conservative women are also not for women's rights.

A right is something shared by every citizen that cost another citizen nothing. Progressives love to redefine language to the point that right means whatever the fuck you want it to mean. There is no such thing as a "woman's right."

No, what I commented on, and you have witnessed is the proclivity for Liberal/Progressives to engage in, every time abortion is discussed, the line of attack that eventually devolves to is that is that you, as a male have no standing to tell a woman what she can do with her body. That is a specious argument in a free speech society. Being male does not preclude you or me (or anyone, including a conservative woman) from championing the rights of the most helpless and vulnerable in our society. There is no topic under the sun that you should ever begin, or end, the discussion with because of your gender, race, or religion, you are not allowed to have an equal voice in the debate and the first thing this poster did was to dismiss free speech even before 'it' even broached the topic and that is my complaint. Do we ever open up a Second Amendment debate and say, If you don't own a gun, you are discounted? Do we eve open a First Amendment debate and say, if you are an Atheist or not a member of the press, you have a diminished standing? And that is my only problem with the OP, the in your face dismissal of anything that a conservative male may have to say. This is one of the most blatant examples that I have ever seen of this tactic and I called it out. This is the divide and conquer strategy employed by those whom engage in identity politics.

So we've made abortion safe. So fucking what? We're going out of our way to make executions "painless." Does that make the death penalty right? I don't find either a moral argument, but that's just me digressing again.
Poor little lying bitch got his feelings hurt on the internet.

stfu eyer

Bugging the shit out of you that you can't claim being someone else isn't it? Just trying to stick to the script and hope everyone eventually leaves you alone. But they won't. Just like Right Guide even the newbs know you're full of shit and hiding behind an alt for something stupid shit you musta done a while back. Can't even be a man on the internet where you can be anything you want. Now THAT is a damn shame.

Bugging the shit out of you that you can't claim being someone else isn't it? Just trying to stick to the script and hope everyone eventually leaves you alone. But they won't. Just like Right Guide even the newbs know you're full of shit and hiding behind an alt for something stupid shit you musta done a while back. Can't even be a man on the internet where you can be anything you want. Now THAT is a damn shame.

Yeah, and you're not. lol

RobDownSouth said:
Fetal rights? A human fetus has rights to the extent that the do not infringe upon the rights of another, in this case the woman carrying the fetus. You cannot have two entities with equal rights occupying one body, because one will automatically have veto power over the other, and by definition this precludes "equal rights".

In short: Tie goes to the mother.

Refudiate that.

^ This.

Those who argue against abortion rights, under whatever guise, typically have as a middle conclusion a conflict of interest between mother and fetus - a conflict of rights. Assuming at some point during gestation the fetus becomes morally considerable and acquires rights (and not everyone agrees to this), for abortion to be morally permissible that conflict must be resolved. Rob's argument is the best I've encountered, though it's sometimes uncharitably called the parasite argument. It's a stronger argument than one grounded on privacy rights, which doesn't determine the status of the fetus, but merely presupposes it.

100% nothing to do with the topic.

You claim having a penis prevents men from understanding the risks of pregnancy in post #42

Explain how that works.

How are some of the top medical professionals in obstetrics male doctors....with penises!!! :confused: How did they become OB's when their penises prevent them from obtaining medical knowledge about pregnancy and childbirth including the risks???:confused:

You could just admit that your statement was sexist bullshit....

Or don't and by doing so show us what a pathetic bigot you are. :D

Yes men can know the risks - academically. They'll never experience it. They'll never fear ectopic pregnancy. They'll never have the visceral fear of being refused a life saving procedure because a hospital - perhaps the only available hospital within the critical time period - can (and will) refuse you that life saving procedure. Because legislation has been enacted to protect their religious beliefs at the expense of the your life. Men will never experience that. They can only look at it with an outsider's perspective.

Just like I as a woman will never viscerally understand the pain associated with being kicked in the testicles, nor the fear of it causing sterility issues so that I can never sire a child.

That's just biological reality.

Just a pop at the unqualified men here who like to lecture women about their bodies. If men got pregnant there wouldn't be a discussion

I absolutely agree with this. It would be a complete non argument. To not admit that is not only intellectually dishonest, but frankly quite clueless.

Cite? I've yet to see such a thing happen.

Not saying that it couldn't....I just don't think arguing that a baby is a person with rights that should be protected is lecturing women about their bodies.

Sure there would be because it's not about men vs. women. That's why there are so many pro life women and pro choice men.

The abortion conflict like so many others is about how much government authority is being applied to force one groups ideals upon the other.

One wants to ban abortion because prohibition is just such a fantastic policy, and the other wants to force everyone to pay for as many abortions as they want to get whenever they want them. Thus the shit storm.....

I personally think we should just let the states do what they want...then everyone can have a place to live that suits their derp.

No. If that were the case it wouldn't be a matter people wanting to and the actuality of states trying to of ban abortion after 20 weeks. Nor any type of fetal pain laws. Or the shuttering of multitudinous clinics. Or the likes of Mike Pence wanting to ban any and all abortion in the US.

What a complete bullshit argument. Yes I know you don't want to pay for what you think of as anyone else's shit. But the case against abortion isn't about economics. It's about an emotional reaction to something people don't understand emboldened by the attitudes in and around gender.

In the US according to the CDC, the abortion rate for 2014 was 12.1 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years, and the abortion ratio was 186 abortions per 1,000 live births (18.6%).

Anyone who believes rates like that are due to 'threat of death to the mother' are living a fantasy. These are simply a brutal means of birth control by women who simply don't care that at least 99% of these abortions are simply post-sex clean-up in aisle 7, women who are too morally lacking to take responsibility to even take birth control, and who kill the innocent children they conceive simply for their entertainment in bed.

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/data_stats/abortion.htm

In the US according to the CDC, the abortion rate for 2014 was 12.1 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years, and the abortion ratio was 186 abortions per 1,000 live births (18.6%).

Anyone who believes rates like that are due to 'threat of death to the mother' are living a fantasy. These are simply a brutal means of birth control by women who simply don't care that at least 99% of these abortions are simply post-sex clean-up in aisle 7, women who are too morally lacking to take responsibility to even take birth control, and who kill the innocent children they conceive simply for their entertainment in bed.

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/data_stats/abortion.htm
WTF. Have you never heard of Catholics?

No. If that were the case it wouldn't be a matter people wanting to and the actuality of states trying to of ban abortion after 20 weeks. Nor any type of fetal pain laws. Or the shuttering of multitudinous clinics. Or the likes of Mike Pence wanting to ban any and all abortion in the US.

That's all examples of people trying to use government to force their views on the other side....just like I said.

So yes.

What a complete bullshit argument. Yes I know you don't want to pay for what you think of as anyone else's shit. But the case against abortion isn't about economics.

On a legal level, 99.9999999999999999999% of the time....it is.

All the evidence in this case points to this issue being no different than most every other.....at the end of the day it's almost always about the money. The occurrences where it's not about the money are exceedingly rare and there is absolutely no evidence that the abortion issue is an exception to that very tight rule.

It's about an emotional reaction to something people don't understand emboldened by the attitudes in and around gender.

Emotional reactions are the primary TOOL the politicos use to rally the troops to control the money.

Wake up.

Allllllrighty then. :cool:

Academically yes. Physically, viscerally, personally no. It will always be an outsiders perspective. As shown by the statistics that more men are anti choice and more women are pro choice.

That's all examples of people trying to use government to force their views on the other side....just like I said.

So yes.

On a legal level, 99.9999999999999999999% of the time....it is.

All the evidence in this case points to this issue being no different than most every other.....at the end of the day it's about the money.

Emotional reactions are the primary TOOL the politicos use to rally the troops to control the money.

Wake up.

Abortion is cheaper than the alternative. Cheaper than jails, cheaper than food cards, cheaper than medical care, cheaper in every single measure out there than actually carrying the fetus to term, giving birth and raising it.

The vast majority of those fighting against abortion aren't thinking about money. They are having emotional based reactions rooted in gender stereotypes.

Mike Pence isn't having a financial argument. Nor are so many of the other idiot politicians. They're having emotional arguments. They're not even using logic.

To say it's financial and economic is bullshit. Stupid bullshit at that.

Academically yes.

I'm glad we agree then that your uber sexist knuckle dragging comment was wrong.

Physically, viscerally, personally no. It will always be an outsiders perspective. As shown by the statistics that more men are anti choice and more women are pro choice.

So the fuck what? You keep repeating that 100% irrelevant shit.

Why?

The vast majority of those fighting against abortion aren't thinking about money.

It's about the money....how much funding and who's paying for it is the real fight.

They are having emotional based reactions rooted in gender stereotypes.

I'm sure some are, for most, personally it's a morality issue.

But the actual legal battle is about the money.

Mike Pence isn't having a financial argument. Nor are so many of the other idiot politicians. They're having emotional arguments. They're not even using logic.

I already said they use emotional derp to push their agenda...which is about the money.

To say it's financial and economic is bullshit. Stupid bullshit at that.

Then what's it about?

What are the two sides fighting over?

I'm glad we agree then that your uber sexist knuckle dragging comment was wrong.

So the fuck what? You keep repeating that 100% irrelevant shit.

Why?

It's about the money....how much funding and who's paying for it is the real fight.

I'm sure some are, for most, personally it's a morality issue.

But the actual legal battle is about the money.

I already said they use emotional derp to push their agenda...which is about the money.

Then what's it about?

What are the two sides fighting over?

Of course to you it's irrelevant. :rolleyes:

You are so very tiresome.

So please educate us on how it's about the money and paying for it when most abortions aren't paid for with public funds and how the medical care, food cards, public support, prisons and all the other stuff that goes into supporting unwanted and unaffordable pregnancies are paid for with public funds. Then please educate us on how it's not an emotional based decision and discussion in light of that.

Christ you're ridiculous.

Hint: they're using the money argument to support the emotional argument, not the other way around.

You two either need to fuck or shut the fuck up. My fucking god. Every gottdamn thread you two argue the same points/counterpoints and hurl the same lame ass insults.

Of course to you it's irrelevant. :rolleyes:

No it's objectively irrelevant because it has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.

So please educate us on how it's about the money and paying for it

Do the pro-choice folks not regularly want public support?

Do they not want HC services and abortions paid by others?

and how the medical care, food cards, public support, prisons and all the other stuff that goes into supporting unwanted and unaffordable pregnancies are paid for with public funds.

Irrelevant bullshit again that's off topic.

The topic being government forcing money out of people.....not the virtues of publicly funded abortions.

Then please educate us on how it's not an emotional based decision and discussion in light of that.

Because nobody gives 2 pumps of rat shit about your fucking feelings cupcake!!

They do care about money and who's getting it though.

Christ you're ridiculous.

Hint: they're using the money argument to support the emotional argument, not the other way around.

You've got it backwards.

Emotional arguments are also known as a sales pitch for a reason...start talking cold hard cash without the emotional appeal in place to support it and MOST people close their wallets and walk away.

Back