Kiki's next Adventure

Howl had undressed in his stall and placed a mild enchantment on his clothes so that no one could touch them. None of the staff would of course, but some of the guests were mischievious spirits and might not be able to help themselves. Howl was pretty sure his daughter had not thought of this and sent a spell floating out to find and attach itself to her clothes as well. It was attuned to his DNA so she would have no problems picking them up however.

He gave his body a quick pre scrub then slowly eased himself into a very hot tub and then after a few minutes into a tub of milder water to relax in. The minerals began there work of relaxing him and he glanced around. The usual water spirits, ground and even an air spirit were in but they were all just minor ones. He sat back and relaxed determined to enjoy this before he met Yubaba and the stress that would cause.

Kiki continued to enjoy the soaking. Everything faded away. She was oblivious to the happenings, sounds and other guests in bathhouse. She didn’t even notice familiar magic floated through the air and landed on her cloth to protect them. She also lost track of time.

She didn’t know how long it had been when she felt a strange shift in the air. Her eyes jerked open and found a … spirit, dressed in black from head to toes, in front of her. The cloak was transparent. The face was covered by a white mask with three black slits for the eyes and mouth. It was expressionless. It didn’t say a word or move a muscle.

Yet, it felt incredibly creepy and scary. So on top of her lungs, a long, loud, dreadful “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH” escaped her lips. The scream was heard throughout the bathhouse.

Howl was enjoying his soak when he heard a scream cut through the air. Of course he recognized his daughters voice. He didn't know how, there was just something about it. he rose hastily from his tub and made his way towards the sound. He was just glad that the tradition style of bathing included a short towel and that he had wrapped it around himself.

He found her tub quickly and saw what had spooked her. A No Face spirit was standing beside her tub staring at her. He had been surprised the first time he had seen one of them and that had been while he was fully dressed and outside in the sun. It was no wonder she was screaming now. He rushed over and politely started to push it away.
"I am afraid the lady is not eager for your company at the moment. Maybe if you came back later she may talk to you."

The thing turned it's head to look at him then began to slowly shuffle off. Howl wiped his brow in relief and then turned back to where Kiki was. "It's okay Kiki. They are mostly harmless, but never accept any gifts from them, that can get you into trouble."

No Face slithered back when Howl stepped in. His head crocked to one side and unmoving mouth uttered, “Ugh. Ugh?” He then shuffled off, leaving the naked young witch in the bathtub with her newfound father hovering over her.

Kiki’s horror turned big mortify. Her face turned bright pink from the steamy water and embarrassment. She quickly swiveled a 180 inside the tub, turning her back to him and stammering, “Ooh, oookay. Sor. Sorry. I shouldn’t get flustered so easily. An…and thank you.”

Howl suddenly realized his situation and turned around himself. He had not meant to embarrass Kiki or see her naked, in fact he was pretty sure he had not even really seen her as such. He had been focused on her face, not her body.

"Ahh sorry about that, but I assure you that I did not see a thing. The steam in here is so thick and all I could see was your face," he apologized. "Well I should go back to my bath now unless you wish to get out,in which case I will go straight to the changing rooms and meet you in the hallway."

Howl was glowing bright red by the time he had finished talking.

Back