Kiki's next Adventure

Kiki appreciated their concern over Tombo. It felt good to know someone is looking out for you. She turned to Howl, "Yes, blimps. He's obsessed with that thing. He flies for a regional airline. Their plan is a bit bigger with less than 20 passengers. But he gets to soar over ocean and island hops. We said we'll race one day. He on his plane and me with my broom." She smiled fondling at the thought.

Marcus chimed in, "I wanna race too. Marcus race. Daddy teach me to fly now. Please, please, please." He crawled onto Howl's laps, twisting and turning while he whined.

Howl looked down at his son and smiled. "Not until your much older Marcus. You have to know lots more things before I teach you that spell, but one day you will definitely race against your sister so don't worry."

He saw the boys sour look and knew he would be a terror if he didn't give him something to look forward too soon. "I tell you what, if you can behave for you mother and me for a whole week I will teach you a new spell. Maybe the one that will make your toys dance." He saw his sons eyes light up and knew he had him hooked.

"Now Kiki, Sophie and I want to discuss something with you after dinner if that is alright with you. It will have to wait until this scoundrel goes to bed however so maybe it would be best if we wait and have some supper in the drawing room later tonight. That will give you several free hours after dinner. Feel free to wander the castle anywhere you choose. It knows where you are allowed and not allowed to go so don't worry you will never get lost or wander into areas you shouldn't. It will also probably guide you to the drawing room right on time to."

OOC: *pulls out the TARDIS* :D

------------

The family spent the rest of the sunlight upon the hill. They shared some stories and got to know each other a little more. Then they went back into the castle for dinner. It was one of the delicious meals that Kiki had ever tasted. They said your emotion affects your taste buds. Hers were definitely sweetened and savory tonight.

After supper, Sophie got Marcus ready for bed and tugged him in while Kiki explored the castle. The place was much bigger and more fantastic than she originally had in mind. It was endless, rooms after rooms, each with its own uniqueness. It even played joke on her once or twice, made the same room reappears even though she opened five different doors. She finally settled in the drawing room as her father instructed. She jumped onto the beanie chair and waited for the adults.

Sophie and Howl waited until they were sure Marcus was asleep and then brought tea and biscuits up to the drawing room. They found Kiki waiting for them and smiled as they each took a seat. Sophie poured them each a cup and they sat back.

Howl cleared his throat and then glanced at his daughter. "Alright Kiki I will get straight to the point. That spell I cast not only identified you as my daughter, but also showed me how much magic potential you had." He rubbed his hands together and looked her in the eyes. "Kiki you have one of the largest reservoirs of magic I have ever seen. It might even rival my own. The problem is you are only tapping a trickle of it. For you to actually grow to your full potential you are going to have to go on a journey of discovery like I did. Travel the dimensions and learn new ways to use your magic."

Howl smiled at her and sat back sipping his tea. "I am willing to take you on a short journey now. We can explore a few close dimensions and be back in time for you to still have a short visit with Sophie and Marcus before you have to go home to your own dimension and still have some time with your fiance. You don't want to short change the boy now do you." he laughed. "Then every now and again we can arrange it so you can maybe have a week to travel to another one. Of course it might be better if you told your Mother and we visited her as well, but that is up to you."

He looked at the girl trying to gauge her reaction to that last piece of news. He hoped she would go for it. One it would show her mother that he had accepted her as his daughter but he was not going to take her away from her, and two he was happy with his own family but that they accepted her as well.

"So what do you say Daughter? Are you ready to learn?"

The young witch looked down at her palms when Howl complimented on her magical potential. Was it just a father’s optimistic outlook for his child or did she really have that much talents? Regardless, she was willing to find out.

“Of course I am!” Kiki shouted eagerly. “When are we leaving? What dimension are we going first? What kind of magic will you teach me? How should I prepare? What should I d---.”

Sophie laughed, interrupted the child’s ramble. “Slow down, Kiki. All will be answered in time. You should get a good night sleep now. Howl’ll get you in the morning.” She looked over to her husband and suggested, “You should leave before Marcus wakes up in the morning. Or else that devil will leech onto your leg until you take him with you.”

She then stood up and began to clear the table while she told Kiki, “Go on. Get ready for bed. Good night, Kiki.”

“Right. Okay. Good night.” The witch stood up, bowed and then ran off to her room. She snarled under her breath, “yesssssssss!”

Sophie chuckled. “She’s your daughter alright. Has the blood for adventure. You take good care of her, Howl. And you too. Don’t you get yourself hurt,” Her finger pointed on his chest as she warned, “or do anything stupid, mister.”

Howl put on a look of total innocence on his face. "Why dear I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. I am always cautious in my dealings when I go dimension skipping."
Sophie just growled at him and playfully swatted him in the arm. "I am being serious Mister. I will never forgive you if anything happens to either one of you," she said with tears starting to brim in her eyes.

Howl knew it was time to stop fooling around and he stepped over to his wife and hugged her too him."No need to cry my dear. I am not going to take her anywhere dangerous on her first time. I was thinking I would take her to Yubaba's bathhouse first. It has a rich variety of magic and has calmed down a lot. Besides I haven't seen her and her sister in awhile, it might be nice to catch up."

He picked her up and started to carry her up to their room. "Now no more worrying about us for the rest of the night. I have to get up early in the morning and I am going to be away for a few days and I believe we had a discussion earlier about tonight's activities," he smiled devilishly. "Why don't we continue that discussion in our room."
He used a small bit of magic to open their door and then close it and another to erect a sound barrier. He and Sophie had a long pleasant evening ahead of them and he wanted no interruptions.

Last edited:
Kiki

The young witch twisted and turned on her new bed for the good half of the night. She was happy and anxious about this new adventure. She was about to embark on a new journey to a different world with her father… Her father! She beamed with happiness at the thought of her father. She had found him. He had explained his reasons. She wasn’t angry at the abandonment. On the contrary, she was relief to learn of the truth and let by-gone be be-gone. She needed to focus on the future now, and that meant, “Sleep. I need to sleep. A big day tomorrow!” She forced her eyes close. It wasn’t until couple hours later before she drifted off.

Howl woke the next morning a little bleary eyed and tired, but very satisfied and full of love. Leaning over he kissed Sophie who just cuddled further into the blankets and murmured nonsense words and he smiled. He knew once he started cooking and she smelt coffee and the bacon she would get up, but for now he would let her sleep.

Rising and dressing in a clean set of traveling clothes, he undid his magic and then proceeded downstairs. It seemed like he was the first up so he began the mornings ritual. Putting on a large kettle to boil, he then got out two large fry pans and the long flat skillet. The bacon went on the skillet while fresh mushrooms and eggs were cooked in the fry pans. He never had luck with eggs so he always made scrambled.

By the time the everything was ready and he was just starting to grill some bread and add the coffee to the water, he heard the stirrings of people upstairs drawn by the delicious smells wafting up towards the rooms.

Kiki woke with a big smile on her face. Today was the day. It was the day to explore other magical worlds with her estranged and magically gifted father. She couldn’t wait to start this adventure!

She washed up, tightened the red bow on her hair, and joined Howl in the kitchen. As soon as she opened the room door, she immediately smelled the delicious warm bread and coffee. She past Marcus’ room, and noted a clear magic film on the door. She bet it was so Marcus couldn’t smell or hear anything outside his room. Her father and Sophie’s room had a similar invisible cover. Because she practiced magic, she could see them.

“Good morning, Ho-fa-eerh,” she greeted but wasn’t sure how to call him. Father? Howl? Sir? She placed her black bag on the chair before offered, "Can I help you with anything?"

Howl looked up and smiled at Kiki. So now that she knew who he was she was having trouble knowing what to call him. Well he could understand that and he was only going to make it harder on her as well.

"Morning Kiki. Breakfast will be ready very shortly, but if you want some milk or juice it is in the cooler so help yourself. Oh and feel free to call me whatever you like," he smiled at her, "I am not going to be offended by whatever you pick. I can understand if you don't want to call me father just yet, or not at all. After all I have not been there for you growing up. If you just want to keep calling me Howl that is fine."

He turned back to what he was doing and quickly got the toast off before it burned and checked the coffee and moved it to the edge of the stove to keep it warm. He began to pile everything onto the huge serving platters and then sent a small magic gust up the stairs to awaken his wife and son. He was just finishing up when he heard them stumbling down the stairs. Smiling he arranged the plates and smiled at Kiki. "Don't worry my dear, we will be going on our journey today, so I suggest you eat up. Dimension traveling takes a lot out of you."

(Welcome back Partner :rose:)

((Thank you dear :heart:))

Kiki grabbed the pitcher of juice before settled at the table. She looked from the plate of food to him and nodded with a smile. “Thank you…. Howl. For everything. I’m still growing,” she joked. “Better late than never, right?”

Minutes later, Marcus stormed down the stairs still in his PJ and bed-hair. Sophie followed him more gracefully. “Slow down, young man! Ah, morning Kiki.” She then turned to her husband, pecked him on the lips with a smirk on the face, and flushed a little as she remembered their romantic rendezvous last night. “You plan to leave after breakfast? Be safe. Don’t try to be a hero. Take care of her, alright?”

Howl kissed her back with a cheeky smile also thinking of last night. "We will probably take a few hours to get ready. I want to cast a few protective spells on her and go over some rules but don't worry I won't let anything happen to her. I have just got her back in my life, I am not going to loose her now," he said smiling to both Sophie and Kiki.

"Right everyone, eat up before it gets cold. Nothing worse than a cold fried breakfast," he grinned as he ruffled Marcus's hair, actually improving it's look. He sat down and began to pile up his plate following his own advice.

“Aye, aye, captain,” Marcus said enthusiastically. He chomped down on the crunchy toast. Kiki followed suit but ate with more poise. Sophie busied cleaning the crumbs off the son’s face.

Once they ate, Sophie scooped Marcus into her arms and carried the boy toward the bathroom to wash up. She gave Howl one last kiss before she left.

Kiki then rose and announced eagerly, “I’m ready whenever you are.”

"Alright Alright," Howl laughed, "Just help me stack these dishes. The two of them soon had everything stacked beside the sink and Howl filled it with hot sudsy water and then waved his hand. A water elemental appeared and quickly began to wash the dishes and he turned and motioned Kiki to follow him down to his workshop.

Once there he looked at her. "Okay let's see. You will need the basic travelers protection spells, so.." he again waved his hands and sprinkled a few different powders on her. "Okay that should do it. I just made it so your magic will work no matter the Dimensions laws. That is very important and I will teach you that spell later. The others were your basic protection spells, wards against soul sucking and the ability to sense and see magic, although you should have those last ones naturally. The spells just enhance it."

He walked over to a small bookcase and pulled out a couple of books. "now where to take you. Here, no a little adventurous for a first timer. Here, no...Here, here...Ahh here, Perfect." He turned back to her with a big smile on his face. "Alright we are going to go see Zeniba and Yubaba. One works at a bathhouse and the other lives in the woods. Whatever you do, don't make any deals with them but listen to what they have to say and observe their customers. Oh and you just might catch sight of a dragon as well," he smiled.

As they made their way back up towards the kitchen he began to explain something else. "Oh and Kiki when I travel the realms I do not use my real name. Out there I am known as The Wizard Jenkins. Sorry I know it is yet another name for you to learn but my real name does have certain ahh let us say stories attached to it," he smiled sadly.

Kiki followed her father, tentatively hung onto his every word, and followed all his instructions. She was amazed how much he knows about magic and other worlds. She stared at him in awe as he talked about the dimension they’re going to visit. She filled with joy, speechless, and could only respond with nods.

Everything sounded so interesting. She couldn’t wait to see this place that’s filled with dragon, bathhouse and wood-lings.

“That’s okay,” she responded when Howl mentioned his alias. “Should I use a different name too?”

Howl chuckled. "Well it is up to you my dear. It is not like a lot of the stories say and knowing your true name can harm you. Besides Kiki is not your true name, that is just your given name. Your true name is buried within you and as you become stronger in magic it will become known to you. That is the name you must keep secret and only share with people that are very special to you."

He smiled gently down at her," So unless you are going to get up to a lot of mischief in these other realms I would say it is fine to use your real name, unless of course you really want to use another name," He chuckled.

He entered the kitchen and began to pack them two travel bags of food, drink and some medical supplies. "This is my emergency kit. I normally don't have to use it but there has been a few occasions when I have been mighty glad Sophie first convinced me to take one. So we always pack it."

Then he led her outside and to the meadow and smiled at her again. "Well last chance to back out. Are you sure this is what you want?"

Kiki looked up at her father and shook her head. “No mischief. Not on purpose anyways,” she confessed, “Ah, okay. I’ll stick with Kiki then. I’m bad at remembering names anyways.”

She followed up to the kitchen, grabbed her bag of food, drink and medical supplies, and then followed him out to the meadow. She nodded frantically. “Yes, yes. Of course I’m sure. I want to see the worlds with you. I want you to teach me about them and about magic. I’m ready. No backside.”

The young witch took a deep breath and gave the older magician a firm nod for assurance.

Howl smiled at her enthusiasm. Truth be told, when he was her age he would not have given up on an opportunity like this either. In fact he hadn't.

"Very well then daughter, summon your broom and be prepared to follow me closely. I will lead the way and I want you to try to match my movements as we travel. I am not sure if you will be able to do it the first time so I will put a follow spell onto your broom just in case but I want you to try your hardest. By our third trip I expect you to be able to do it yourself."

He waited for her to summon her broom and then quickly cast the spell. It was rather simple. It would just keep it following him through the dimensions if she happened to get of course.

"Well then let's be off."

He took off, flying, with her following behind and opened the rift easily with her in tow and began the journey. As this dimension was not that far away it would not be all that long in the rift and soon enough he burst out into a night sky not unlike his own. He turned to see her following and checked the spell. Hmm not bad, not bad at all. she had done well for her first time. He was impressed, she really did have a knack for this. He aligned himself with the stars and then headed for the bath house.

Kiki concentrated on calling her broom like her father had asked. Seconds later, the broom appeared in her hands. “Of course, I’ll try to keep up as much as I can,” she nodded with lots of confident. She wanted to do this well. Except for the fact that she wanted to impress her father, but also to prove that she’s capable for a solo trip.

She mounted the broom and flew after Howl. His movement was swift and effortless. He made it look so easily. Kiki, on the other hand, used all her concentration to keep up. Her upper body was pretty much parallel to the broom to keep up. Her turn wasn’t as smooth as his but passable. It was a challenge to keep up, but she managed.

They flew toward the sky and into the house. After what seemed like an eternity, they came back down. Everything below them completely changed. It was already dark again. The meadow replaced by a long crystal clear river. In the center, a tall red building with green roofs stood tall and proud. The structure was very grandiose and opulent.

The two landed at the bridge with a waterfall on the backdrop. Kiki couldn’t take her eyes off the… “This must be the Bathhouse you spoke of,” she said in awe, remembering the details that Howl had mentioned earlier. She took a step forward but then stopped immediately when she noticed something long and wide slithering below the water surface underneath the bridge. She ran over to the railing and looked over for a better view, mumbling and pointing, ““Wha…what is that?”

Howl almost chuckled at Kiki's reaction to the new dimension and the delights it provided. He remembered his first time traveling and how fascinated he had been each time he found a new world. Still she had been doing this on her own so maybe it was because he had brought her to this place.

As they landed on the bridge he was looking for any spirits that happened to be visiting and so was surprised when she called out. He walked over and looked over the railing and then smiled. "Ahh that daughter is a rather interesting young man. Well spirit really. His name is Haku and what you are seeing is his spirit form. A rather handsome Dragon form I must say. He may come and introduce himself later, but that will be up to him. Most people you will meet in this Bath house are actually spirits, so you must be careful."

He began to walk towards the door and indicated that she should follow him.

Kiki looked back at her father with doubt on her face. “A man? A dragon…man?” she echoed. Her mind couldn’t wrap about the idea. What was spirit form? What did that mean? Was he half man, half dragon? Did he have a dragon body with a man head? She had so many question and was so intrigued by someone she hasn’t even meet! She wanted to call up the dragon-man and meet him, but Howl was already walking off and signaling her to follow. So she did obediently.

Once she caught up with him, she asked, “You think we can meet this Haku before we leave?”

Howl shrugged. " That I'm afraid will be up to him. He and Yubaba have a strained past and I am not sure how they are getting on at the moment. It has been a few years since I have been here myself, but I do get news from various sources so I do know bits and pieces. However that is his tale to tell if he wishes."

Howl continued to stroll towards the bath house, passing various pools and pens for livestock, noting that they were all just ordinary livestock with a glad smile. So she had changed her ways just like the stories had said. That was good to know, but he would still judge for himself.

"Now remember Kiki, it is alright to use your first name, but never use your last. That is just prudent. It doesn't really matter but it is better to be safe than sorry," he grinned at her.

He walked up to the front door and knocked on it. It was opened by a sweet young girl in traditional Japanese garb. "Hello, Are you here for the Baths or perhaps something else?"

Turning to Kiki howl smiled. "Well daughter what about it. Would you like a bath before we meet the owner or do you want to go straight up?"

Kiki really wanted to stay on the bridge and wait until the dragon-boy to show himself. She needed to follow her father however. So she reluctantly peeled away from the red railing and went after Howl. Her eyes couldn’t stop wandering and staring around, just like a kid in a big candy store.

She smiled widely at the young girl before she looked up at her father, pondering over their option. She finally made up her mind, “A bath sounds nice.”

The young girl clapped her hands and grabbed the foreign witch’s wrist. “Great. Come on then.” She tugged and pulled on Kiki. “Come, customer. What’s your name?”

“Ookay. Eh. Kiki. Just Kiki.” She remembered Howl’s warning from earlier. She looked over her should to see if he was coming with them too.

Howl smiled as he followed behind his daughter. He had dampened his own aura but hers was still shining reasonably brightly and with her carrying her broom it was just natural for the attendant to assume that Kiki was the one in charge and special to boot. As Yubaba was a Witch all Witch's were treated with the utmost of respect here.

"It is okay daughter. I will see you in the baths. They are communal here but each patron gets there own tub. Just go with the girl and she will look out for you."

He watched as she was led into the females side of the changing area and then walked into the male side where he was met by his own attendant. He smiled at the man and gave a polite bow before allowing him to usher him inside to begin preparing him for his bath.

Kiki gave a firm nod, waved her hand at Howl and then followed the hostess deeper into the bathhouse. The place was ornate and old but was far from falling apart. She could feel the magic around her, floating and holding the place together. The inside looked much bigger with many more levels than the outside made it look like.

“Here we are, Kiki.”

“Wow!” Her eyes stared at the huge steamy bathtub before them. The stalls on the sides were partitioned for privacy. Some had occupants, which Kiki couldn’t help staring. The guests weren’t humans. They were mythical creatures. One had long snouts to its knees while another looked like a giant frog with fish face. Even though Kiki had never encountered them before, she was at all scared. In fact, she was at awe!

The girl took Kiki into her own stall. She checked the water and set down some towel before took her leave. Kiki undressed and hopped into her own tub. The hot water immediately melted her sore. It was extremely pleasant. She enjoyed it immensely. It not only cured her physical fatigue, but also washed away her internal worries. She was in total bliss and oblivion.

Back