Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an offer on the ring ($1,500) but, I declined it... eBay had it so that I could see that he has 2 more offers remaining... So, I want to see how high this guy is willing to go.

Nightbird said:
It's actually pronounced "Worchestershire"
i'm pretty sure in MA it's pronounced "worst-er" but i think there are plenty of new englanders who can confirm or correct this.

Scalywag said:
pronounce an r, in massachusetts? :D

typical pronunciation sounds more like "wister"
would you say "wister" or "wooster"???

being from the northeast myself (or at least my speech is) i'd like to launch a campaign to abolish the "R" from english. we'll see how those ozark fools can get through life THAT way. :D

Nightbird said:
What about the second part? Do you pronounce the shire part?
there is no "shire" part in the name of that town. it's worcester, not like the steak sauce stuff.

Oh man do I feel stupid now.

I thought we were talking about the sauce..

Colour me moronic.

Nightbird said:
Oh man do I feel stupid now.

I thought we were talking about the sauce..

Colour me moronic.
it's a'ight... how could a canadian know about a town in the US???

Scalywag said:
what do you mean "some" of us?

just kidding.

I read in one of your posts somewhere that you moved. I hope things are going well for you.

Hey, Mr. Scaly! Don't worry. You're included in the "some" group I was referring to. ;)

Yes, I did move and started a new job a few months ago. I moved in the same town where E lives. I plan to start school in the fall, and I'm very excited.

Scalywag said:
Great news!

Now tell us about school. I remember you sharing your story with us, but you weren't sure what you would do if you went back to school.

Seems things are looking up for you. :) I hope your health is good too.

Well, I've decided that I was going to try to get into pharmacy school. I have some pre-requisites that I need to take since my chemistries and physics were over ten years old. I will start my pre-reqs this fall.

My health is ok. Still got some bad days every now and then, and when I know that something is wrong, I just try to chill out and take it easy.

Woo-ster.

Now tell me how you'd pronounce Falmouth?

;)

Last edited:
bobsgirl said:
Fall-mith?
I will maintain my composure, I will maintain my composure, I will, really I will... oh hell - NO but that is now on my favorite list of attempts. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back