Invitation only events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon's Story Event: LARPers Gone Wild. Write a story about a group of people who organize a LARPing (Live Action Role Playing) event in a park, featuring Medieval costumes and fake swords and bad British accents, only with a kinky twist.
Now now, let's not be hasty. It doesn't have to be quite *so* uncool.

Simon's Story Event: LARPers Gone Wild. Write a story about a group of people who organize a LARPing (Live Action Role Playing) event in a park, featuring Medieval costumes and fake swords and bad British accents, only with a kinky twist.
What’s a British accent with a kinky twist?

I quite like how Florence Pugh talks.

Emily

I wouldn’t worry about it.

Fuck em. It’s literotica for christs sake.

Weirdos, outcasts, bikers, hippies, hooligans, gardeners, beatniks, sex addicts, punks, teddy boys/girls, sorts, mods, rockers, mockers, undesirables, freaks, social pariahs, and hypersexuals can chill w me on the punk rock thread in the playground.

I don’t care about secret clubs, “in crowds” or secrets societies or elitist snobs.

I wouldn’t worry about it.

Fuck em. It’s literotica for christs sake.

Weirdos, outcasts, bikers, hippies, hooligans, gardeners, beatniks, sex addicts, punks, teddy boys/girls, sorts, mods, rockers, mockers, undesirables, freaks, social pariahs, and hypersexuals can chill w me on the punk rock thread in the playground.

I don’t care about secret clubs, “in crowds” or secrets societies or elitist snobs.

JXB0Ig.gif

Forget it, Emily. It’s Literotica.

Seems strange a public site is a party venue.

Just sayin’

Do they pay to do this?

Emily

I've written tons of roleplays over the past ten years on a number of different erotic literature forums. I've had countless people message me inquiring about writing with me. Most of them I say no to. Sometimes our ideas don't match. Sometimes our kinks don't match. Sometimes our writing pace doesn't match. Sometimes I can just tell that they write ADD fueled spam. Sometimes I can tell that they're just a shit writer. Sometimes I just hate their fucking avatar (okay I'm being facetious with that one). Whatever the reason, usually my response is, "Sorry, I'm just not a good fit for you."

The point is, I don't need a reason to not write with them. All that I need to do is not want to write with them. If they start bitching about the reasons, most forum admins will consider them guilty of harassing me. The truth is, they don't need to know why I turned them down. All that they need to know is the word 'no'. Just like if a guy walks up to me in a dance club and asks me to sleep with him, all that I have to do is say 'no'. I don't need to give a reason.

The same applies here. You weren't invited. Get over it.

Seems strange a public site is a party venue.

Just sayin’

Do they pay to do this?

Emily

Most of the invitation events are organized by this one particular member, in my experience. It's been going on for a while.

TBH - I was going to repost it on Xitter. I do that with a lot of Lit posts. And then I thought, do I really understand what this is?

I think I do now. Not sure it’s stuff I want to promote. I’ll wait for Lit to post some new content before reposting.

Emily

TBH - I was going to repost it on Xitter. I do that with a lot of Lit posts. And then I thought, do I really understand what this is?

I think I do now. Not sure it’s stuff I want to promote. I’ll wait for Lit to post some new content before reposting.

Emily
Trust your instincts, Em, is all I would say. You don't need to play in every sand pit.

This is from the Lit Xitter account and so hopefully @AH_Mod will be OK 😊.

So, I realize exactly what I’ll be accused of here, but I don’t really care. I’ve kinda given up on comps, unless they align with something I’m doing anyway. And no I’m not feeling left out (I’m still a golden member / Illuminati writer remember?).

But… what’s the deal with these invitationals? Friends of the organizer? The great and the good? The usual suspects from the last five years? People with a Z in their name?

Anyone know?

Emily
Hey Em,
What I am about to express is my understanding. It is my opinion, and I'm not presenting it as fact. This started a long time before I joined Literotica. I gleaned this from talking to a few other writers who I met.

Randi, is as far as I know. The original writing event host within Lit. What I mean by that is she pretty much started the event thing. She started by inviting some of the original writers from within Literotica, who had not written for a long time. To get some of the most popular writers was an amazing achievement. Some hadn't written for several years. The events were as you can imagine well received.
Because of the events popularity, she continued to this day and now holds about 3 invitationals per year.
Randi is a wonderful person. She edits for literally hundreds of writers in Lit. Seriously, I mean hundreds. There is a reason she wins the most helpful editor award every year since it's inception. I should probably add, she is a seriously fabulous writer herself, and her stories are always well received.
Aside from the owners, she is perhaps the most influential person within Literotica. She assists so many starting out writers. I am always amazed by her work load.

Anyway, back to the invitational events.
Randi runs them, she organises and invites whoever she feels like. In her words. "It's my party, I invite who I want."
So that's pretty much it.
I have been fortunate enough to be invited to write in several of her more recent events, and they are always fun. She chooses fun themes, and always helps out when I'm stuck or struggling. As she does for all the invitees.
I know there is some bitterness thrown around by a few writers who wanted to be invited but were excluded, but I guess that's on them.
Randi is a very nice person. She 's approachable and easy to talk to.

Cagivagurl

Hey Em,
What I am about to express is my understanding. It is my opinion, and I'm not presenting it as fact. This started a long time before I joined Literotica. I gleaned this from talking to a few other writers who I met.

Randi, is as far as I know. The original writing event host within Lit. What I mean by that is she pretty much started the event thing. She started by inviting some of the original writers from within Literotica, who had not written for a long time. To get some of the most popular writers was an amazing achievement. Some hadn't written for several years. The events were as you can imagine well received.
Because of the events popularity, she continued to this day and now holds about 3 invitationals per year.
Randi is a wonderful person. She edits for literally hundreds of writers in Lit. Seriously, I mean hundreds. There is a reason she wins the most helpful editor award every year since it's inception. I should probably add, she is a seriously fabulous writer herself, and her stories are always well received.
Aside from the owners, she is perhaps the most influential person within Literotica. She assists so many starting out writers. I am always amazed by her work load.

Anyway, back to the invitational events.
Randi runs them, she organises and invites whoever she feels like. In her words. "It's my party, I invite who I want."
So that's pretty much it.
I have been fortunate enough to be invited to write in several of her more recent events, and they are always fun. She chooses fun themes, and always helps out when I'm stuck or struggling. As she does for all the invitees.
I know there is some bitterness thrown around by a few writers who wanted to be invited but were excluded, but I guess that's on them.
Randi is a very nice person. She 's approachable and easy to talk to.

Cagivagurl
Thanks - we should get you to pin a post about this for relative newbies like me.

Emily

I love how everyone's tiptoeing around her name like she's Voldemort. :D

Blackrandi58 has been here for about nine years now, I think? She has a hundred works to her name, most of them in Romance, LW, and Incest, although she's dipped her toe into almost every category at least once. More importantly, she's also a prolific editor and has shephered a lot of writers through their first stories. She won most influential editor this year, and she deserved it; that's not to say there weren't others on the list that wouldn't have deserved it, too, but she's helped tons of people. She rarely posts on the boards, though, especially anymore; her most recent was in Dec. 2023 to rake me over the coals for having had the temerity to write a February Sucks sequel.

Early on, from what I can tell, it was pretty easy to get into one of her invitationals: just ask, especially if you wrote in LW, where most of these events take place. Nowadays, not so much. I have some email penpal friends who have written in the events, including a couple of fixtures in them. The rule these days seems to be A) get grandfathered in or B) catch her eye through LW or getting her as an editor but C) do not get on her bad side. I have able managed C, probably because I didn't do B but still managed to succeed in LW; that's according to what I was told, anyways.

It's high school shit. Same as it ever was. Don't treat it as a measure of writing skill or even popularity, except with one person. Hell, organize your own if you want; I almost did, but then things got... real difficult in real life for a while, and I had to put that to the wayside. Maybe later this year, though.

I love how everyone's tiptoeing around her name like she's Voldemort. :D

Blackrandi58 has been here for about nine years now, I think? She has a hundred works to her name, most of them in Romance, LW, and Incest, although she's dipped her toe into almost every category at least once. More importantly, she's also a prolific editor and has shephered a lot of writers through their first stories. She won most influential editor this year, and she deserved it; that's not to say there weren't others on the list that wouldn't have deserved it, too, but she's helped tons of people. She rarely posts on the boards, though, especially anymore; her most recent was in Dec. 2023 to rake me over the coals for having had the temerity to write a February Sucks sequel.

Early on, from what I can tell, it was pretty easy to get into one of her invitationals: just ask, especially if you wrote in LW, where most of these events take place. Nowadays, not so much. I have some email penpal friends who have written in the events, including a couple of fixtures in them. The rule these days seems to be A) get grandfathered in or B) catch her eye through LW or getting her as an editor but C) do not get on her bad side. I have able managed C, probably because I didn't do B but still managed to succeed in LW; that's according to what I was told, anyways.

It's high school shit. Same as it ever was. Don't treat it as a measure of writing skill or even popularity, except with one person. Hell, organize your own if you want; I almost did, but then things got... real difficult in real life for a while, and I had to put that to the wayside. Maybe later this year, though.
So can anyone throw a party, or is it only open to some?

I have no problems with parties, though TBH the theme of this one seems so #notmykink, but I do have a problem with only some people being able to hold them.

I’m guessing you have to get approval.

Emily

I have no problems with parties, though TBH the theme of this one seems so #notmykink, but I do have a problem with only some people being able to hold them.

Emily
See the thread I quoted in my first reply. If you have an idea, drop Laurel a line with the relevant details.

Emily

Message Laurel if you are interested. I doubt you will have a problem.

Message Laurel if you are interested. I doubt you will have a problem.
Thing is, people go on about my alts, no one has figured out that I’m actually Laurel’s alt. My function is to keep an eye on you all…

Emily

Emily
Anyone can. Almost no one does, because it IS a hassle. You have to set the theme, get commitments from other writers, sometimes poke and prod them to finish in time, etc. Hats off to randi for running as many as she does. The rule of thumb that I've seen, if you do plan to do one, is to set a deadline 6+months out, and only after you get commitments from most of the folks you want to invite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back