Fiftieth Story

On a (slightly) more serious note: congrats. You've pumped out quite the entertaining variety of stories.

Sometimes we all need a break, and of course some things take a higher priority.

[British accent] You must do what you feel is right, of course. [/British accent]

And for those debating what constitutes a "story:

Just remember, it's not the length, or the volume. It's whether or not it keeps someone awake, engaged, interested, and satisfied at the end.
Thanks, hun. And for your help with a big chunk of them 😊.

Em

Wow. I'm 4 1/2 years into this and just hit 52 stories. Well done.
I think being tied up and forced to watch Emily in Paris slowed me down.

"Appropriate" suggests there's someone enforcing a standard, which there really isn't.
I don't think rules are necessary, but a large number of discussions here would benefit from some consistency in terms.

It doesn't matter in the end whether someone refers to every one of their posts as a "story" and someone else counts theirs differently, but how does that provide for comparative discourse and minimize confusion, especially where newer authors are concerned?

I believe that we could serve ourselves and others better by striving for a little more clarity at times.

I don't think rules are necessary, but a large number of discussions here would benefit from some consistency in terms.

It doesn't matter in the end whether someone refers to every one of their posts as a "story" and someone else counts theirs differently, but how does that provide for comparative discourse and minimize confusion, especially where newer authors are concerned?

I believe that we could serve ourselves and others better by striving for a little more clarity at times.
I think it's reasonably well established that most folk here consider any individual chapter, long stand-alone story, short 750 worder, whatever, as a "story". I've been here nearly ten years, and this is the first time I've seen a quibble over such a definition.

One looks at a writer's story list, and you see a bunch of individual submissions. Some are joined together as chapters, some are a set of stand alone but related stories, some are complete stand-alones, but so what?

They all get voted on separately, they each get comments and faves, they've each got a life of their own. I don't think it matters a rats what you call them.

I know, the usual suspects will be lining up to say they have published 5,000. But…

Tomorrow my fiftieth story goes live. It’s nothing special, a day in the life of a sex worker. But it feels like a milestone.

It's not been much over a year that I have been writing. I started out with lengthy and overly clinical descriptions of sex acts. I still do that shit, but I also now have pesky things like plot and characters and motivations to deal with.

I have what will be my fifty-first and second also lined up (chapters 4 and 5 of Teaching Eden) and a few other irons in the fire. But I think I’m gonna take a bit of a break from writing for a while. Maybe catch up on stories I promised people I’d read. Maybe reduce my beta backlog. Maybe reconnect with some friends to whom I’ve been “sorry, busy writing.” Also some important IRL things to do.

No idea how long the hiatus will be. Maybe short. It’s hard to kick the writing bug. But fifty seems a good point at which to take a sabbatical.

For the avoidance of doubt, I’ll still be annoying you here with my usual inanity, and still hitting on various female authors (you know who you are 😍).

Em
Sweet...
Congrats. Well done you...
It's an achievement getting one written, but fifty... That takes a lot of effort, and time and commitment. So it's more than congrats, it's worthy of celebration. You should be immensely proud. It takes a lot of pure effort to pour so much of yourself into creating, not just stories, but individual works of art.
each piece is a revelation, exposing a little more...
It was a brave story, which shouldn't be overlooked.
Kia Kaha...
Aroha...
Cagivagurl

Sweet...
Congrats. Well done you...
It's an achievement getting one written, but fifty... That takes a lot of effort, and time and commitment. So it's more than congrats, it's worthy of celebration. You should be immensely proud. It takes a lot of pure effort to pour so much of yourself into creating, not just stories, but individual works of art.
each piece is a revelation, exposing a little more...
It was a brave story, which shouldn't be overlooked.
Kia Kaha...
Aroha...
Cagivagurl
Thank you 🫂.

Em

At a glance yesterday, I thought the thread title was Filthiest Story. I was a little more excited before my reading comp kicked in, but still, congrats. But since I brought it up, which of the 50 do you think is the filthiest?

I think it's reasonably well established that most folk here consider any individual chapter, long stand-alone story, short 750 worder, whatever, as a "story". I've been here nearly ten years, and this is the first time I've seen a quibble over such a definition.

One looks at a writer's story list, and you see a bunch of individual submissions. Some are joined together as chapters, some are a set of stand alone but related stories, some are complete stand-alones, but so what?

They all get voted on separately, they each get comments and faves, they've each got a life of their own. I don't think it matters a rats what you call them.
That's fair and no quibbling is required.

I am simply pointing out that as long as the inconsistencies exist (and they do exist) in things such as what constitutes a story versus a post, discussions of a comparative nature are pointless. Too often, apples are being compared to fire trucks. They're both red, so that's okay, right?

That's fair and no quibbling is required.

I am simply pointing out that as long as the inconsistencies exist (and they do exist) in things such as what constitutes a story versus a post, discussions of a comparative nature are pointless. Too often, apples are being compared to fire trucks. They're both red, so that's okay, right?
That's true. Same as you can't compare a 750 Word thing to a 240,000 word thing - I've seen both posted as single submissions.

Also, there are different shades of red, which is another conversation entirely :).

I know, the usual suspects will be lining up to say they have published 5,000. But…

Tomorrow my fiftieth story goes live. It’s nothing special, a day in the life of a sex worker. But it feels like a milestone.

It's not been much over a year that I have been writing. I started out with lengthy and overly clinical descriptions of sex acts. I still do that shit, but I also now have pesky things like plot and characters and motivations to deal with.

I have what will be my fifty-first and second also lined up (chapters 4 and 5 of Teaching Eden) and a few other irons in the fire. But I think I’m gonna take a bit of a break from writing for a while. Maybe catch up on stories I promised people I’d read. Maybe reduce my beta backlog. Maybe reconnect with some friends to whom I’ve been “sorry, busy writing.” Also some important IRL things to do.

No idea how long the hiatus will be. Maybe short. It’s hard to kick the writing bug. But fifty seems a good point at which to take a sabbatical.

For the avoidance of doubt, I’ll still be annoying you here with my usual inanity, and still hitting on various female authors (you know who you are 😍).

Em
Hitting a milestone always prompts nice feelings! Well done. Enjoy your hiatus...but here's to 50 more! Writing on Literotica is truly addictive. On a similar note, I just hit 300 followers, which got me very excited.

At a glance yesterday, I thought the thread title was Filthiest Story. I was a little more excited before my reading comp kicked in, but still, congrats. But since I brought it up, which of the 50 do you think is the filthiest?
Depends what you mean?

Candidates:

1. Something Has Come Up is non-stop Futanari sex, including the two Futas fucking a guy
  2. Emma & Lily’s Halloween features one FMC drinking cum from the other FMC’s ass
  3. Strapped-down & Strap-on includes femdom BDSM, lesbian anal, and piss-drinking
  4. You Spin Me Round - is a ten guy gang bang
  5. Fishing Trip has lesbian anal fisting, more water sports, and a MFF threesome
  6. Club Emily includes anal pole standing, whipping and own piss-drinking
  7. Hood & Hole is close to a non-con face-fucking gang bang (based on a recurring dream / nightmare I used to have)

But if probably have to go with Caputpedes, which is actually a semi-serious story, but still covers:

1. A tentacle monster traversing the digestive tracts of two girls sequentially
  2. A girl being face-fucked by a horse (sort of)
  3. Menstruation
  4. Pregnant school-girls
  5. Caning
  6. Ogre sex
Em

Last edited:
Depends what you mean?

Candidates:

1. Something Has Come Up is non-stop Futanari sex, including the two Futas fucking a guy
  2. Emma & Lily’s Halloween features one FMC drinking cum from the other FMC’s ass
  3. Strapped-down & Strap-on includes femdom BDSM, lesbian anal, and piss-drinking
  4. You Spin Me Round - is an eight guy gang bang
  5. Fishing Trip has lesbian anal fisting, more water sports, and a MFF threesome
  6. Club Emily includes anal pole standing, whipping and own piss-drinking
  7. Hood & Hole is close to a non-con face-fucking gang bang (based on a recurring dream / nightmare I used to have)

But if probably have to go with Caputpedes, which is actually a semi-serious story, but still covers:

1. A tentacle monster traversing the digestive tracts of two girls sequentially
  2. A girl being face-fucked by a horse (sort of)
  3. Menstruation
  4. Pregnant school-girls
  5. Caning
  6. Ogre sex
Em
I think if finally rendered @Bamagan speechless 😊.

Em

I think if finally rendered @Bamagan speechless 😊.

Em
Oh, was that what you were trying to do? Guess that shows me what I can expect for taking two hours to do something offline. :rolleyes::LOL:
As for your filthiest, I think the fantasy elements of the Spocktopus one would make it seem less filthy to me personally. Of the other contenders you mentioned, the ones with watersports would probably wind up getting my vote. I'm leaning toward #6 based on the description.
Kudos on providing such a large field of contestants. ;)

50 published stories! Wow that is impressive to me with 11 currently. Congratulations on your success and to continuing on to 69 😉 and then 100+!!!

Oh, was that what you were trying to do? Guess that shows me what I can expect for taking two hours to do something offline. :rolleyes::LOL:
As for your filthiest, I think the fantasy elements of the Spocktopus one would make it seem less filthy to me personally. Of the other contenders you mentioned, the ones with watersports would probably wind up getting my vote. I'm leaning toward #6 based on the description.
Kudos on providing such a large field of contestants. ;)
Frankly anything written by me is pretty filthy. Maybe with the exception of A Good Woman, unless you find girls kissing filthy that is.

Em

Back