Fiftieth Story

I kinda wish I’d split up Heaven & Hole as nine pages seems to put off readers.

Em

If you are capable of writing 50 stories in a year, then the nice thing is you don't ever have to look back. Just learn from each story you write and move forward and write the next story with the knowledge of what you've learned. You'll get another story churned out in a week or so, so you never have to stew over the past.

Congratulations to you, Emily. Keep up the good work.

I don’t keep track of my stories by number. If one added up all the scrapped novels and novellas, fanfics- adult & otherwise, video game walkthroughs, media reviews, and other stuff I’ve penned over the years, they’d have a very big number with three digits at least. If you just want to count Lit works, I have 39 works here now- I count the multi-chapter stories Rendezvous & Counseling as one story each while Passion is more episodic.

#40 is something I’m working on now. It’s a dark Erotic Horror tale of a woman named “Courtney Crowe” and how she achieves her dreams. Later she will receive her comeuppance from the “Fire Woman” (planned follow up) but she became fascinating enough to develop first. We’ll see how readers react to these characters. ;)

Thank you - some of them are quite short. But mostly as I set myself the challenge of being impactful in under 2,000 words. I think I often achieved that.

Em
I need to remember I can just do something short once in a while, when I'm frustrated at the month or three it seems to take me to write anything. (Even though my "long" stuff is only around 10-15k)

If you are capable of writing 50 stories in a year, then the nice thing is you don't ever have to look back. Just learn from each story you write and move forward and write the next story with the knowledge of what you've learned. You'll get another story churned out in a week or so, so you never have to stew over the past.
I think I’ve been doing that. With a few detours along the way, I mostly try to just make the current story a bit better than the previous one.

Em

I need to remember I can just do something short once in a while, when I'm frustrated at the month or three it seems to take me to write anything. (Even though my "long" stuff is only around 10-15k)
It’s actually kinda liberating to write something very specific and very short.

Em

Emma and Lily used to both date the second horseman.

Em
John would have never been allowed to publish on Lit. All that non-con, torture, and the rest... Those early days publishers sure lacked standards.

Btw, congrats on your 50th story, Little Nerd.

Keep it up and stay sharp, because sooner or later...

1698263741093.png

Well done you!

We'll see how long your sabbatical lasts. You know the pull this place has on you, and you have responsibilities to @onehitwanda to keep. She'll be bereft at this news, I'm sure.

Well done you!

We'll see how long your sabbatical lasts. You know the pull this place has on you, and you have responsibilities to @onehitwanda to keep. She'll be bereft at this news, I'm sure.
I'm not bereft at all. I'm just getting my slave sorry my concubine shit... um... my graceful benefactress's long list of proof-reading and beta-reading queued up...

:LOL:

On a (slightly) more serious note: congrats. You've pumped out quite the entertaining variety of stories.

Sometimes we all need a break, and of course some things take a higher priority.

[British accent] You must do what you feel is right, of course. [/British accent]

And for those debating what constitutes a "story:

Just remember, it's not the length, or the volume. It's whether or not it keeps someone awake, engaged, interested, and satisfied at the end.

Back