Introducing home nudism

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with bringing up the topic of home nudity with your family for the first time.
It has been joked about in the past but after being caught simply not wearing closes in my own yard by a family member I am wondering if I should come out of the closet as a nudist or continue to pretend it was a one time thing.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or experience with bringing up the topic of home nudity with your family for the first time.
It has been joked about in the past but after being caught simply not wearing closes in my own yard by a family member I am wondering if I should come out of the closet as a nudist or continue to pretend it was a one time thing.
That is 100% between you and your family. Question is it just the love to be nude or you have a fetish that you hope they get into? Slippery slope.

I would just start doing it. Maybe step-by-step so don’t dress immediately after a shower. Or start to sleep naked and don’t get immediately dressed in the morning. If you just live it without making a big fuss about it I assume that your family will accept it and hopefully join in. Or visit together a nudist spa or beach and let them experience the beauty of nudism.

I grew up in a nudist family so it was all natural for me.

Cheers T

My wife and I already sleep naked. When it's just her and I in the house clothes are sometimes optional. I'll have to think about when I can operate that way more often.
The bigger concern is my step daughter and her 4 year old son that live with us.
She is the one that caught me outside nude a while back and thought it was strange. Since then it has been brought up from time to time in different group settings and always devolves into a joke about me being some kind of weirdo for being naked outside. Which leaves me on the defensive and I either laugh it off like it was a one time thing or try to seriously defend it in front of a group of people that don't seem to agree.
I don't want to make my daughter uncomfortable by forcing her to confront it if she's really against it. Also it's a complicated situation with a child in the house if I try to make my point by being the only one one in the house not wearing clothes.

That's why I I'm interested in other people's experiences.

My wife and I already sleep naked. When it's just her and I in the house clothes are sometimes optional. I'll have to think about when I can operate that way more often.
The bigger concern is my step daughter and her 4 year old son that live with us.

I doubt that there'd be an issue with the son. At four, he's probably not yet indoctrinated into the whole idea that nudity=bad.
She is the one that caught me outside nude a while back and thought it was strange. Since then it has been brought up from time to time in different group settings and always devolves into a joke about me being some kind of weirdo for being naked outside. Which leaves me on the defensive and I either laugh it off like it was a one time thing or try to seriously defend it in front of a group of people that don't seem to agree.

You'll have to make that call. Maybe the best way is to simply say you're more comfortable with clothes-off, and that there are a lot of people like you in the world. If they want more information on that, there are the web sites for the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR) and The Naturist Society (TNS). Or they could just look up "nudism" on Wikipedia.
I don't want to make my daughter uncomfortable by forcing her to confront it if she's really against it. Also it's a complicated situation with a child in the house if I try to make my point by being the only one one in the house not wearing clothes.
It's time for a heart-to-heart discussion with her. If she's really against it, it's worth keeping peace in the family to put on a robe or something. If she's in her tweens or teens, it's a sensitive subject because girls are experiencing both the changes in their bodies and in the way men look at them. You have to be considerate of that.

I doubt that there'd be an issue with the son. At four, he's probably not yet indoctrinated into the whole idea that nudity=bad.

You'll have to make that call. Maybe the best way is to simply say you're more comfortable with clothes-off, and that there are a lot of people like you in the world. If they want more information on that, there are the web sites for the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR) and The Naturist Society (TNS). Or they could just look up "nudism" on Wikipedia.

It's time for a heart-to-heart discussion with her. If she's really against it, it's worth keeping peace in the family to put on a robe or something. If she's in her tweens or teens, it's a sensitive subject because girls are experiencing both the changes in their bodies and in the way men look at them. You have to be considerate of that.
All very good points, thank you.

I am home nudist and when kids lived home they knew I sleep nude and would see my ass out or a couple times getting water and would say dad put closes on! Wife tolerates it she is not into nudity!told wife when I retire I am going to be more open nude wise and possibly visit resort !

Back