I'm still a little confused about "Loving Wives."

Burn the Bitch.

= Cheating wife gets her "just" desserts.

There's a certain very vocal element that wants to read stories about wives that cheat but simultaneously demands that she must be punished for it, and if she doesn't get punished they will 1-bomb you.

Not into punishment. Not into conflict. My stuff doesn't go there, though much is left open ended or unfinished so I guess they can postulate their own endings. The idiots can cry all they want.

Maybe kinder but far less fun. Loving wives is just hilarious. The trolls are pure entertainment. I'm thinking of putting one up that pushes every button I can think of. Maybe I should ask for ideas here? How to troll every single segment of loving wives in one story?

A game is only interesting if you don't know the outcome. You're talking about a rigged game. It serves no purpose other than to antagonize.

A better solution would be for more quality writers to write LW stories that mean something. There is an audience there and it could be bigger if we weren't all too busy smirking about what a cesspool LW is while pandering to an audience who fantasizes about fucking their mom.

Take a look at the writers Jezzaz listed in Post #41. Look at the stories written for Loving Wives Legends Day on March 17th of this year put together by the incomparable blackrandl1958. Here's the list:

https://www.literotica.com/s/mark-your-calendar-march-17th-is-legends-day

It was such a success, as measured by READER FEEDBACK, there was a Legends Day II on July 4th:

https://www.literotica.com/s/legends-day-ii-the-return

More stories like that would be a much more productive thing to do. Do it under a different name and don't reveal it to anyone. Write what YOU think would be an interesting story within the LW specs.

rj

On a tangentially related note...

Are sock puppet accounts frowned upon?

Maybe kinder but far less fun. Loving wives is just hilarious. The trolls are pure entertainment. I'm thinking of putting one up that pushes every button I can think of. Maybe I should ask for ideas here? How to troll every single segment of loving wives in one story?

I love the idea, tbh.

Depends upon what you mean by "sock puppets".

There are all sorts of alts. I have three pen names, for instance. Some people have one identity for posting stories, and another for interacting on the forum.

Not every alternate account is dastardly. Laurel seems to take them at face value until an account starts proving to be a problem either on the story side or on the forum. At that point, she seems to watch the deeper identifiers that only she can see and act appropriately to have all the accounts suffer the consequences of their assorted identities.

On a tangentially related note...

Are sock puppet accounts frowned upon?

Different pen names is effectively what I meant. After what I've heard about LW wives, I think I'd probably only want to write in that section under a different account from my main one.

Different pen names is effectively what I meant. After what I've heard about LW wives, I think I'd probably only want to write in that section under a different account from my main one.

It's not that bad unless you totally get to the trolls. I've got half a dozen stories there and they've all done okay. Only picked up one or two trolls.Seriously, a different pen name would probably be best though.

I've sorta kinda poked the bear a couple of times unintentionally. I scribble stuff out based on my mood at the time. Some of them get reactions, others don't.

Didn't much care what the bear did though and haven't really even read the comments. I rarely even go to my console.

The management doesn't care and readership doesn't seem to mind multiple pen names. The readership barely seems to notice if you have them, unless you come right out and talk about it a lot.

I have a fair amount of crossover followers between Dark and Les, because they both have Sci-Fi & Fantasy stories, and I reference them in comments between the two.

This pen name ( last time I cross-referenced the followers lists ) has only a tiny amount of crossover with the other two, even though I've typically shifted stories between Les and RR based upon length and complexity, so they share a lot of genres and categories.

If you just want to write a one-off and don't want to face a potential troll storm on your other work, it's always an option to create a name specifically for that category — or any other work you think could make your regular readers cringe. All you need is a different email address to sign up with.

You have to take into account that you're splitting your readership, though. Every story you release in one name is leaving the other idle, where you'd get "full credit" for your production in a single pen name by putting your name out there every time you post a story.

Go read the comments on the LW portal for a little while. The bigot trolls in IR can't even hold a candle to the frothing hatred some LW commenters spew in comments half as long as the story itself.

Surprised LW is worse than the interracial section when it comes to trolls.

Go read the comments on the LW portal for a little while. The bigot trolls in IR can't even hold a candle to the frothing hatred some LW commenters spew in comments half as long as the story itself.

People have their kinks and go all in on them. I actually find the trolls funny.

Surprised LW is worse than the interracial section when it comes to trolls.

Noooo, IR pales into insignificance compared to LW. The worst I've ever had in IR was "gook slut" and I kind of liked that one so much I didn't even delete it. Mind you, I think its the black guy white girl stories that raise the ire of the trolls in IR. White guy / asian girl doesn't spark the same reaction.

Noooo, IR pales into insignificance compared to LW. The worst I've ever had in IR was "gook slut" and I kind of liked that one so much I didn't even delete it. Mind you, I think its the black guy white girl stories that raise the ire of the trolls in IR. White guy / asian girl doesn't spark the same reaction.

Most of my negative comments come from people who don’t like slurs and complain about not being warned, despite not reading the tag lines of my chapters or the name of the series itself that make it painfully obvious what you’re getting into. I don’t delete comments. I leave them for fans to chuckle at.

Maybe I’ll do an LW story to enjoy the fun with everyone.

I think it must be because of the name. I've seen people explaining the energy of the section around the forum, the way that there are sort of camps of interest among the people who frequent it. When I try to take a measure of the section by browsing it, it seems to really lean toward female infidelity or sharing.

Is there much of a market in that section for a story about a male cheater? If so, would I be better off making sure there's some kind of retribution in store for the cheater or would that be less of an outrage for the readership there than it would be in the case of a female cheater?
My understanding is that while it is called "Loving Wives" there ARE occasional stories where the straying spouse is the husband.

Back