HT Remove Pubic Hair

Then I got one of these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZLQ3FKD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This puppy is hard core! It's somewhat painless except for when it's not. And when it's not, it's like... Ah hoo ha! Yowie! You get a little flash of a shock and a burning sensation. But... I like it! :D Because it is supposed to kill the root, I'm not sure I want to use it all over.

I have been debating the electrolysis route when the world reopens. I have tried shaving, waxing and even manually plucking but the problem is return growth always leads to ingrown hairs, ewww. I want a permanent solution to the majority of my hair 'down there' and then I can hand the clippers over to my husband, he's a fan of shaving. ;)

Thank you for sharing this! IYO this is a good product?

Have been waxed for years but GF talked me into getting sugared... OMG better than waxing EVER and hair seems to stay away longer!!

Tell me more about sugaring; I’ve also been getting waxed for years, but am curious about how sugaring might work.

Electrolysis is the way to go if you have the money and don't want hair to come back. It is cheaper than laser with better results. Sometimes it is the only option if you have dark hair and skin or blonde/gray hairs with lighter skin. It isn’t particularly dignifying lying there with a professional removing each hair individually, however. It can be quite painful, too.

I hope my lovers don't complain cause my body hair ain't coming back. Lol

Katy

I have been debating the electrolysis route when the world reopens. I have tried shaving, waxing and even manually plucking but the problem is return growth always leads to ingrown hairs, ewww. I want a permanent solution to the majority of my hair 'down there' and then I can hand the clippers over to my husband, he's a fan of shaving. ;)

Do you exfoliate regularly? I’ve found that reduces ingrowns to the point I don’t even think about them any more. I can’t remember the last one I had.

Get some good quality nylon gloves (Bed Bath and Beyond sell some good ones) and use them a few times a week. You’ll notice the difference!

It works for me!

Tell me more about sugaring; I’ve also been getting waxed for years, but am curious about how sugaring might work.

I sugared myself at home, twice. Was many years ago, so I don't remember all of the details. I did my arms. They used to be kind of hairy. They're not now.

I think I boiled sugar and lemon juice to a certain temp., let cool to a certain temp. Smared it on with a butter knife. Let harden, then flick it off. I used some newspapers on the counter to flick it onto. Was pretty painless, neat and effective.

But something went a cropper the second time. The sugar mixture must have cooked for two long and was too hot. It almost immediately set up like Jolly Rancher candy. Thick and hard. And I got a bit of a burn. Not a serious burn, but it left my skin red. The worst part was that it wouldn't flick off! Or even peel off. Thankfully I did it on a Friday and didn't have anywhere to go over the weekend. I tried running water over my arms to melt it. Because of the burn, I couldn't use water that was hot enough to accomplish much. The water did lessen it a bit, but left it sticky.

I wound up pressing paper towels into the sticky so I wouldn't stick to my clothes or the furniture. Frequent baths and showers removed some of it. I then used baby oil on my arms. Not sure Why I thought that would accomplish anything. It mostly left me overly slick, but I think it took a bit off.

By Monday, I still had some small sticky patches, that had turned kind of dirty looking. I had to wear long sleeves to work and was crabby all day because my sleeves kept sticking. IIRC, it was all gone by Tuesday. But... I never tried it again!

I sugared myself at home, twice. Was many years ago, so I don't remember all of the details. I did my arms. They used to be kind of hairy. They're not now.

I think I boiled sugar and lemon juice to a certain temp., let cool to a certain temp. Smared it on with a butter knife. Let harden, then flick it off. I used some newspapers on the counter to flick it onto. Was pretty painless, neat and effective.

But something went a cropper the second time. The sugar mixture must have cooked for two long and was too hot. It almost immediately set up like Jolly Rancher candy. Thick and hard. And I got a bit of a burn. Not a serious burn, but it left my skin red. The worst part was that it wouldn't flick off! Or even peel off. Thankfully I did it on a Friday and didn't have anywhere to go over the weekend. I tried running water over my arms to melt it. Because of the burn, I couldn't use water that was hot enough to accomplish much. The water did lessen it a bit, but left it sticky.

I wound up pressing paper towels into the sticky so I wouldn't stick to my clothes or the furniture. Frequent baths and showers removed some of it. I then used baby oil on my arms. Not sure Why I thought that would accomplish anything. It mostly left me overly slick, but I think it took a bit off.

By Monday, I still had some small sticky patches, that had turned kind of dirty looking. I had to wear long sleeves to work and was crabby all day because my sleeves kept sticking. IIRC, it was all gone by Tuesday. But... I never tried it again!

Wow - I'd never considered trying it myself! I was thinking about finding a salon that specializes in it; your tale means I'll do that, or nothing! :eek:

I hope my lovers don't complain cause my body hair ain't coming back. Lol

Katy

That's a great test for determining whether your lover is an asshole or not. A person who really loves you would love you for who you are and not what they want you to be. You're never going to hear "Gee, I love you, but that pubic hair (or lack of it) really turns me off. Can't you do something about it?"

Well, you can count my husband as one of them. Before we met I was bare and he said be liked it. After our three kids he told me to grow my hair out to hide my post-kids vagina because it didn't look or feel the same as it used to. I eventually believed him after all his comments, but things changed recently and now I am permantly hair free again thanks to the electrolysis. It is my fault for caving in to him. I still have a voice in my head telling me I'll get another partner like that. Luckily, none so far.

If anyone wants to know what electrolysis is like, I can tell you my experience going through it even though each person is different apparently.

Katy

I'm adult woman. I have public hair.

I hear you, but I'm also in the camp that women have a choice about what they do with their bodies. I went with a waxed Brazilian for a few years. It felt amazing. My partner doesn't mind one way or the other and told me it was up to me so I decided to grow it a bit. It still feels amazing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Electrolysis

Well, you can count my husband as one of them. Before we met I was bare and he said be liked it. After our three kids he told me to grow my hair out to hide my post-kids vagina because it didn't look or feel the same as it used to. I eventually believed him after all his comments, but things changed recently and now I am permantly hair free again thanks to the electrolysis. It is my fault for caving in to him. I still have a voice in my head telling me I'll get another partner like that. Luckily, none so far.

If anyone wants to know what electrolysis is like, I can tell you my experience going through it even though each person is different apparently.

Katy

I would love to know more about it. I'm a male in my early 50's and my partner would like me bare down there. I love the feel of it as well. Shaving is a PITA, my hair grows really fast.

I'm currently going though and getting laser hair removal but at my age a significant amount of the hair has turned gray and will not be removed by laser. It looks like electrolysis will be my only permanent path. So I'd love to know more about the process for it.

Laser!

I had everything that I wanted permanently removed as soon as laser hair removal was effective. Laser hair removal really is the most effective way to have long-term hair removal. BTW I had almost everything removed.

If you're not using a quality shave gel for when you try shaving, use conditioner rather than soap.

You want the skin warm and the razor hot. Hot running water, or dip it in a bowl of boiled water.

It isn't the hair that dulls the razors as much as hard water. Rinse the blades in alcohol after use and you will get more use out of them.

All of the above hard-learned expertise is going to waste since I have hair and a beard for the first time in 15+ years. . .

1) waxing yourself is a bad idea. You cannot get the right angles and waxing in the proper direction with the growth of hair is necessary to avoid ingrowns. A good waxer will do a little at a time because the hair usually grows in different directions. A professional waxer would also alternate between hard and soft wax depending on where they are waxing.

2) sugaring is better because it’s not hot wax. Hot wax is already, well, hot. Sugar isnt. Sugar heats once it is on your body and because if that, can cling to shorter and thinner hairs better than wax. I don’t have anyone that does that here, but when I did, I preferred it (especially for underarms).

3) shaving creates stubble because you’re bluntly cutting a hair. Waxing grows in softer because it’s a new hair growing so there’s no blunt edge of the hair.

Moral of the story is there’s a reason there’s professionals. It’s annoying and expensive but let your shit grow for a month and see a pro. And DO NOT ‘touch up’ between visits if you will go back. The goal is to get on a schedule so when you get waxed, they can get everything you want them to get. Otherwise, it’s patchy and stuff grows in different cycles. If you can get on a schedule, even if it means regrowth between visits, you won’t get itchy or blotchy results. A good professional is worth it.

Signed,
Former spa worker.

1) waxing yourself is a bad idea. You cannot get the right angles and waxing in the proper direction with the growth of hair is necessary to avoid ingrowns. A good waxer will do a little at a time because the hair usually grows in different directions. A professional waxer would also alternate between hard and soft wax depending on where they are waxing.

2) sugaring is better because it’s not hot wax. Hot wax is already, well, hot. Sugar isnt. Sugar heats once it is on your body and because if that, can cling to shorter and thinner hairs better than wax. I don’t have anyone that does that here, but when I did, I preferred it (especially for underarms).

3) shaving creates stubble because you’re bluntly cutting a hair. Waxing grows in softer because it’s a new hair growing so there’s no blunt edge of the hair.

Moral of the story is there’s a reason there’s professionals. It’s annoying and expensive but let your shit grow for a month and see a pro. And DO NOT ‘touch up’ between visits if you will go back. The goal is to get on a schedule so when you get waxed, they can get everything you want them to get. Otherwise, it’s patchy and stuff grows in different cycles. If you can get on a schedule, even if it means regrowth between visits, you won’t get itchy or blotchy results. A good professional is worth it.

Signed,
Former spa worker.

+1

I shaved at first (PITA) and later moved to depilatory creams. Neither was satisfactory in my eyes, so I tried professional waxing. The result is far superior! I’d never consider doing that myself, though.

I’d love to try sugaring, but it was difficult enough finding someone who does male Brazilians...

I'm in the 'use a professional' camp. It's not a massive expense, and after a while it gets easier because the hair just gives up and stops growing. Now I've hit menopause, it seems to barely be growing back at all. I've done a quick shave every now and then in emergencies, but I don't like it so much. The last Brazillian I had done, I got the 'new girl' who's only meant to do bikinis, not because she didn't know how to do the whole thing, but because she still found it a bit uncomfortable herself. I said 'just go as far as you feel OK about' ... apparently I'm a good client, because I emerged completely smooth, and because she was new, she was super careful and thorough. Took a while, but worth the effort.

I got used to using an epilator.

My GF asked me to wax as she does, and i did, but its just a pain to have to go there. The epilator does the same job, when i want it. So long as you do it every 2 weeks, the hair roots remain weak, and its pretty painless for most of the area. 2 issues - got to be careful with sac skin as the epilator would swallow it and stop if it isnt held taut, it wont ever cut skin but could graze? it. Secondly, some hairs at the base of the peni do stay pretty tough so will always hurt a bit, but its not bad, and the epilator is safe and more hygenic compared with any razor, and of ocurse the results are for longer.

I use IPL. Works good. Just need to invest time into it, but it gets faster with use. I pluck any stubborn hairs.

Can't speak from first hand experience, but from the people I've been with who remove pubic hair: there's a world of difference between waxing yourself and going to a decent salon to have it done by a professional.

No good for you as you don't want to go that route, but thought I'd leave that here for other people with a similar quandry.
I’d STRONGLY against home waxing. Pay a few bucks and get it done right.
My reason for saying that
A friend that works ER/ Trauma was working one night. A young lady comes in to be seen. She’d gotten there before my friend came on duty. My friend looks over the charts to see who to take in what order. Gets to the young lady’s chart. Lacerated labia.
Friend takes her back asks what she’s in for. She explains she tried home waxing down there. “ it ripped “ several stitches later and meds ordered for her. Off she goes.

May I ask a question of the ladies here. If to personal feel free to DM or ignore. Just wondering
Have you gotten an orgasm from waxing?

I ask cause. Years ago I used to get my back waxed. The first time was kinda like 40 year old virgin scene. After a few times going. It wasn’t a big deal. One time I actually fell asleep.
I’d been going to the same girl for awhile. I called her up to make an appointment. She only had an early morning during the week. I told her I was working and couldn’t make it. She then tells me. Sunday 11am? Sure. I’ll be there.
Come Sunday I show up a little early. Listening to music on the radio. I didn’t notice right away. I was the only one in the parking lot. The shop was in small strip mall.
Little while later I see a car pull up. She gets out and opens the shop door. I give her a few minutes to get settled in. I walk in and it dawned on me. She came in on her day off. She greets me. I asked if she came in on her day off. She says yes. I told her it’s not a big deal. We could have done it when she’s working. She says not to worry.
We go back and she tells me to remove my shirt and lay down. She walks off. Few minutes later returns. She starts waxing my back. She gets to my lower back. I guess the feeling of the wax and her rubbing her hand to check for hair was damn good feeling.
Next thing I know. I had to excuse myself. Asked for the restroom. She gives me a look. Then looks down. Points to the restroom and says it’s over there.
I go in and clean up from my hands free happy ending. Then return to let her finish waxing.

I remember... it was the third time my wife allowed me to shave her. The first two times did not turn out to well. Razor burn and stubble bumps. It wasn't pretty. So this time I resolved to take my time and use lukewarm water and a very good shave cream and razor. It took about a hour to finally have a smooth, stubble and bump free vulva. And as I was gently cleaning the soap off her, I notice her leaking quite profusely.

Once I had finished, she ripped my clothes off and she fucked me. It wasn't love making, it was hard driving fucking. I enjoyed it immensely.

We tried for a while to keep her groomed but like all things in a hectic life with two wild children the forest grew back.

The next time I suggest grooming her, she was all for it if I took my time like the last time. It became an semi-annual activity we both enjoyed.

guys keep putting their fingers in my holes. I can understand their diversion interests.
I just use nair.
I do appreciate their efforts - fingers in my ass and puss are fun.

Back