How often do you have sex with your spouse/SO?

How often do you have sex with your spouse or long-term S.O.?

• Never/Less than once a month

Votes: 89 27.6%
  • 1-2 times a month

Votes: 53 16.5%
  • 3-6 times a month

Votes: 63 19.6%
  • 7-12 times a month

Votes: 58 18.0%
  • More than 12 times a month

Votes: 59 18.3%

• Total voters

SweetSam42

Occasional Pin-Up Girl
A question for all the marrieds out there, and those in long-term relationships: How often do you have sex?

And, do you consider that amount to be OK? Good? Bad? Amazing? Awful?

Me: Married 13 years
Sex: Once a month, if that, lately. Was about twice a month in the not-so-distant past.

I classify this frequency as abysmal.

Last edited:
A question for all the marrieds out there, and those in long-term relationships: How often do you have sex?

Sex: Once a month, if that, lately. Was about twice a month in the not-so-distant past.

Married for almost as long as you, average probably 3 times a month anymore, maybe four at the best. Used to be about hat in a week in the early years, but lately it has definitely been on the decline. Part of the reason I'm on here so often anymore.

The last time I had sex with my spouse was September.
We had sex a total of 3 times in 2014, 2 of which I initiated (actually I initiated more than twice, but I was turned down the other times... Including on my birthday)

I've been married for 39 years, and it's about once a week for us. But that only translates to 4-5 times a month and I would like it doubled or tripled. When the passion is there, it's still amazingly good. But I'm in Literotica a lot....looking for excitement!

Sam, I've seen your pictures...OMG...

I voted 1-2 times a month

Which I find very frustrating - bizarrely we tend to have 'hot' spells (so to speak) where we might shag 3 times a week and then have barren spells that last a couple of months.

So the buzz words are:

Frustrated, horny and a tad sad ;)

I voted 1-2 times a month

Which I find very frustrating - bizarrely we tend to have 'hot' spells (so to speak) where we might shag 3 times a week and then have barren spells that last a couple of months.

So the buzz words are:

Frustrated, horny and a tad sad ;)

Exact same deal going on here.
(married 9 years)

And, do you consider that amount to be OK? Good? Bad? Amazing? Awful?

I classify this frequency as abysmal.

Married for 25yrs and a very poor 1 to 2 times a year, yes a year. Very disappointing

I appreciate how fortunate I am / we are. I clicked on the max.

We are a little past our sixtieth birthdays, married 38 years.

We've had years in which the average was perhaps half of what it is now - the hectic years of three young children, the stressed up years of teenagers. We had two years with no sex on account of a deep depressive illness now totally lifted.

There are all sorts of deep things which bind us together, including our spiritual journey and our passion about environmental responsibility. But the sexual chemistry - while we are well aware that we do not have the youthful body-beautiful about us now, we have together become expert at satisfying each other, and still with fresh discoveries in pleasuring each other. And that keeps the chemistry in full flow - never is a kiss or a caress merely a token.

I know that a massive driver of my wife's desire for frequent sex is our discovery very early on of the ways she can have a profound orgasm [or three just sometimes] by vaginal penetration alone. If there is a 'technical' reason for what we have, that is it.

Enough. I am really grateful.

It's been a long while for us. Not real sure whats going on. I've made attempts when we actually can get the house to our self's but it's only met with rejection. I'm sure there is stress and the winter blues but hope this dry spell breaks soon.

We have been married for 26 years. And this last year or so have been the worst probably ever for our sex life.

Married 22 years. Sometimes it's once a week. Others a little more. So I voted right in the middle.
Now if we wanna talk about how often I have sex with my toy, that number goes up a lot :D

My wife and I average about a couple times a week. It's not great, but not bad. So I guess you could say good. It's sometimes vanilla, sometimes more of a routine. I suppose when we're both able to get a good release though, I can't complain too much.

Our sex

The wife and I been married 25 years now.

Due to our schedules/interests we're only manage sex 2-3 times a week. We make sure at least once during the week and once on the weekend. Tonight will make it one of the better weeks. We made love earlier this week and later we 're going to screw again.

We have been married 6 years but been together for 10.

We both agreed before the birth of our first that would make sure we had time put aside for us.

The first few months were pretty bad, but then we found our place and were able to slip sex in, and after a few months of not having any, my word what a moment!!!

We now have three kids all under 5 and this as you can imagine can make things awkward trying to squeeze in time for us but we do manage it.

Once a week is the norm going up to three even four from time to time. This does include not just full sex but oral, handjobs and fingering too.

We have been married 6 years but been together for 10.

We both agreed before the birth of our first that would make sure we had time put aside for us.

The first few months were pretty bad, but then we found our place and were able to slip sex in, and after a few months of not having any, my word what a moment!!!

We now have three kids all under 5 and this as you can imagine can make things awkward trying to squeeze in time for us but we do manage it.

Once a week is the norm going up to three even four from time to time. This does include not just full sex but oral, handjobs and fingering too.

Hey Driftwood you two are doing good! Very special years for all the demands and exhaustion! Good on you both and all!

Let me offer a couple of suggestions from our experience of those years?

Let your kids hear you having pleasure together and give them a nice explanation of the joy of baby making even when you're not making another baby. Children growing up knowing that their parents have sex and enjoy it is a great thing!

Have in mind in due course as they get a little older that knocking on your bedroom door before entering is a neccesary, and also that if it helps for you both, a bolt on the inside of the door is no bad thing. When my wife wants something really crazy in the bedroom she still bolts the door, even with our only remaining home-based son being 32 and no way is he gonna walk in!

Hey Driftwood you two are doing good! Very special years for all the demands and exhaustion! Good on you both and all!

Let me offer a couple of suggestions from our experience of those years?

Let your kids hear you having pleasure together and give them a nice explanation of the joy of baby making even when you're not making another baby. Children growing up knowing that their parents have sex and enjoy it is a great thing!

Have in mind in due course as they get a little older that knocking on your bedroom door before entering is a neccesary, and also that if it helps for you both, a bolt on the inside of the door is no bad thing. When my wife wants something really crazy in the bedroom she still bolts the door, even with our only remaining home-based son being 32 and no way is he gonna walk in!

Cheers for that!

We use stair gates too, these are great at keeping the kiddies contained to small parts of the house at night. Works wonders when we want to play in the kitchin or living room.

Married for 15 yrs, this year.
Sex 3 times a week on average. I would like it daily tho.

I would say it is good. I'm content. It could be better, more exciting, things I would like to do that he refuses to do but our sex life is not bad.

married 6 years. 2 to 3 times a week normally. This year. So far everyday lit has had me a bit frisky

Cheers for that!

We use stair gates too, these are great at keeping the kiddies contained to small parts of the house at night. Works wonders when we want to play in the kitchin or living room.

Nice one mate. Bit of creative thinking, and being parents and being sexy minxes fits together fine!

Back