How often do you have sex?

AthosVidal

Virgin
So my wife and I are on vacation. Discussing our sex life which is thoroughly enjoyable. And we weren’t sure how much sex we had compared to others. We’ve been tracking it since the new year which has been kinda fun.

We’ve had sex 51 times this year. About 13 times per month. 26 times oral sex and 25 penetration. 15 of them were just i orgasmed. A couple of times she came twice. We think this classifies as a medium/high sex life.

How much sex are you having? Do you classify that amount of sex as low/medium/high?

So my wife and I are on vacation. Discussing our sex life which is thoroughly enjoyable. And we weren’t sure how much sex we had compared to others. We’ve been tracking it since the new year which has been kinda fun.

We’ve had sex 51 times this year. About 13 times per month. 26 times oral sex and 25 penetration. 15 of them were just i orgasmed. A couple of times she came twice. We think this classifies as a medium/high sex life.

How much sex are you having? Do you classify that amount of sex as low/medium/high?
she have any sisters ???

last time was when I moved into my first apartment and bought my first 2 real pieces of furniture, this clock and that lamp... got to have light to tell time. over 3½ years in all seriousness. Screenshot_20230424-233724.jpgmain-qimg-301fe3768576f62f57d2ec1783fa6979.jpg

I seem to recall reading once that 2-3 time per week was considered average. So you are probably in the medium range anyway but I wouldn't consider that high. There are some couples that will do it essentially every day. I was there once and miss that!

By the way, the other end of the spectrum is a "sexless marriage" which was interestingly defined as 10 or less times per year. Yup, that happens... Or doesn't I guess, depending on how you look at it.

And then there are the literal sexless marriages!

1-2 times a month pretty much all 10 years of our marriage. Peaked a couple times at weekly, and on very rare occasions twice in a week (that's happened maybe 3 or 4 times in 10 years).

So, averaging the whole course if our marriage, I'd guess maybe 24-30 times a year if I'm being optimistic. But some of those years were probably as low as 10-12 times.

Last edited:
We're both 39 and its going on 9 weeks now. We were averaging ever 3-4 weeks but its slowly getting longer in-between. Wife has zero desire or sex drive.

When my wife and I first got married, she 37 and me 46, we averaged about 3 times a day for the first 2 years.

People have widely variable sex drives and interests, and I had been married for 23 years to someone who was completely asexual. After the first few months of barely tolerating me touching her, she and I never had sex. Not. Once. We raised seven amazing adopted children. In 23 years we never raised our voices. We disagreed about almost nothing, enjoyed many of the same things, let each also do the things we personally enjoyed, but there was no physical relationship. When our youngest son graduated from high school I divorced her. It was totally my decision.

When I remarried, we wanted to have kids of our own and I also adopted her daughter. She worked in a family medical practice, and one day she came home, she and the Dr. thinking she was pregnant only it turned out to be a tumor. When she finally had it removed it was the size of a basketball and she ended up with a complete hysterectomy and lost both ovaries.

Since then sex has been extremely sporadic and rarely satisfying for her and feels guilty for me. If I found someone else she would understand and also be desperately hurt.

So here we are. A little fantasy among friends.

Tracking Update.

January - sex 12 times. 6 penetration 6 oral. I orgasmed alone 3 times. We both orgasmed 9 times. She orgasmed twice one time.
February - sex 11 times. 5 penetration 6 oral. I orgasmed alone 3 times. We both orgasmed 7 times. She orgasmed alone 1 time.
March - sex 15 times. 7 penetration 8 oral. I orgasmed alone 6 times. We both orgasmed 9 times. She orgasmed twice one time.
April - sex 15 times. 6 penetration 9 oral. I orgasmed alone 4 times. We both orgasmed 11 times.
May - sex 14 times. 6 penetration 7 oral. I orgasmed alone 5 times. We both orgasmed 7 times. She orgasmed alone 2 times.
June. Vacation and that time of the month has slowed us down this month. Sex 5 times so far. 2 penetration 3 oral.

She’s going to be getting it pretty good tonight. Especially after she sees Iv posted this and comments all day. Any recommendations on positions or things I should do to her tonight?

Tracking Update.

January - sex 12 times. 6 penetration 6 oral. I orgasmed alone 3 times. We both orgasmed 9 times. She orgasmed twice one time.
February - sex 11 times. 5 penetration 6 oral. I orgasmed alone 3 times. We both orgasmed 7 times. She orgasmed alone 1 time.
March - sex 15 times. 7 penetration 8 oral. I orgasmed alone 6 times. We both orgasmed 9 times. She orgasmed twice one time.
April - sex 15 times. 6 penetration 9 oral. I orgasmed alone 4 times. We both orgasmed 11 times.
May - sex 14 times. 6 penetration 7 oral. I orgasmed alone 5 times. We both orgasmed 7 times. She orgasmed alone 2 times.
June. Vacation and that time of the month has slowed us down this month. Sex 5 times so far. 2 penetration 3 oral.

She’s going to be getting it pretty good tonight. Especially after she sees Iv posted this and comments all day. Any recommendations on positions or things I should do to her tonight?
How are you keep track of this? I mean do you hand write it down, have an app such as notes or what? Tracking it might be a good idea to solve a difference of opinion on how often things happen. We are both in our 50s and have sex 2-3 times a week. We do not orgasm every single time. We have been married 30+ years.

Back