How often do you have sex?

I am 48. My wife is 46 with stage 4 cancer. Her spinal column is being eaten away. She is 5 cm shorter. We are both frustrated with 2 to 3 times a week. She wants to do better but can't...... It is what it is...

How are you keep track of this? I mean do you hand write it down, have an app such as notes or what? Tracking it might be a good idea to solve a difference of opinion on how often things happen. We are both in our 50s and have sex 2-3 times a week. We do not orgasm every single time. We have been married 30+ years.
Use an app called “Nice” on iOS. There’s free features and paid features. We just use the free features and in the notes we add stuff about who orgasms or if something new or interesting happened. It’s been really helpful to get an understanding of the sex life.

2-3 weeks in the 50s sound awesome. I’m hoping we keep it up. My wife’s uptick in arousal since having kids and getting closer to 40 has certainly accelerated things.

No sex after bedtime?? Or just too tired?
Well it's 'complicated' (no it's not but it sounds less painful). The mrs goes to bed at 3 or 4 am and that's way too late. So we miss that and on top of that she complains that it's painful for her the next day. There's more but I want to keep my spirits up, there's a few days between now and the weekend...

I seem to recall reading once that 2-3 time per week was considered average. So you are probably in the medium range anyway but I wouldn't consider that high. There are some couples that will do it essentially every day. I was there once and miss that!

By the way, the other end of the spectrum is a "sexless marriage" which was interestingly defined as 10 or less times per year. Yup, that happens... Or doesn't I guess, depending on how you look at it.

And then there are the literal sexless marriages!
I’m in that kind of marriage.

It’s not fun and I don’t recommend it.

My daughter just turned 30. Last time my wife and I sex was the night of her conception, most likely. Lots of reasons.

So, your numbers are only a dream to me.

When I look at every comment on the OP’s question, I detect ONE common denominator: only when sex feels essential for both partners – will it happen regularly. Regardless of all the other factors on your list of excuses, @lady 2020.

So my wife and I are on vacation. Discussing our sex life which is thoroughly enjoyable. And we weren’t sure how much sex we had compared to others. We’ve been tracking it since the new year which has been kinda fun.

We’ve had sex 51 times this year. About 13 times per month. 26 times oral sex and 25 penetration. 15 of them were just i orgasmed. A couple of times she came twice. We think this classifies as a medium/high sex life.

How much sex are you having? Do you classify that amount of sex as low/medium/high?
Daily, unless she is not well. I am 64 and she 34.

Back